Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7617 7618 [7619] 7620 7621 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13143287 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #114270 on: November 26, 2016, 05:57:45 am »

I think Flying Dice had a static unicron/MLP avatar at one point, and I suspect I was referring to the same person. :oops:

But I mean its a quick insight into stereotyping, I feel.  Gender isnt a quickly displayed thing here, and its a friendly reminder that its easy to do.
Are you thinking about this dude instead? :O

[...]
It took you an hour to decide you didnt see the context?

Well, I imply that many peopld who are as thoughtful, somewhat detatched, and indepth as you -here- are male.  At least I think theyre okay being called so.  So thus, its fairly easy to make the assumption that like begets like, and 13:1 ratios and jazz.

Not sure theres much to get.
I still honestly don't get the context. :P Also those adjectives made my day. xD
Guess it's more familiarity than anything.

Though I'm unsure what Shadowlord is replying to back there.

Today is Saturday, tomorrow is Sunday.
I finally have one day to rest, technically, and have [forgotten] how to. (technically, due to exams next week, starting Friday, plus thesis final defense on Monday)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114271 on: November 26, 2016, 06:00:22 am »

Just noticed that my stepdad decided to store more of his stuff in my room.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114272 on: November 26, 2016, 07:08:09 am »

Pee on it. If he complains, pee on him too.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114273 on: November 26, 2016, 07:45:04 am »

I endorse this proposition.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #114274 on: November 26, 2016, 08:03:12 am »

I endorse this proposition.
I do as well, there's nothing wrong with marking your territory!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #114275 on: November 26, 2016, 08:10:41 am »

I'm against it. Peeing on it will make it harder to burn.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114276 on: November 26, 2016, 08:27:21 am »

Not if you've had enough to drink first.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #114277 on: November 26, 2016, 09:21:58 am »

Employer (which is a large corporation) told me I would be automatically fired if I missed a day without call out.

Said employer is also not answering the phone.  I have been trying for an hour.  I might have to go into work to tell them I'm not working.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #114278 on: November 26, 2016, 09:57:44 am »

Call and email your boss.  leave personal messages
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114279 on: November 26, 2016, 10:20:32 am »

Sometimes it bugs me how much shows don't understand business.

In today's outing our Heroes' business is a food stall that sells duck and legally can ONLY sell duck...

And her opponent is a Food Truck that sells French food and even has an outside mini-restaurant...

So... Obviously he has the advantage. Yet the show depicts this by having a lineup an hour+ long AND her having little-no customers.

Which honestly there would be some serious cross pollination especially with a lineup that long AND the fact that her stall is considered equal quality. It is like saying a McDonalds would go out of business if a 3 star restaurant opened up next door. Most of the people there are just walking by and would take one look at that line up and run away.

Not that it doesn't happen in real life where even with a huge lineup no one goes to the lesser used restaurant (in fact, having no one at a stall while one has a lineup does make the empty stall look... bad)... But they went so far.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 10:26:19 am by Neonivek »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #114280 on: November 26, 2016, 10:29:54 am »

I take it as 'people dont understand business' and 'soundbyte society' rolled up into one eggroll.

Many people dont understand the concept of liquid assets.  If I said a farmer can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars a year but only make 50k people dont get how that works.  Or that a grocery store can manage half a million a week but still go out of business.

Plus, how do you communicate the concept in the least amount of time/effort?  Making it clear, too.

I wont say the producers/writers dont get business 101, its that they dont have to.  A good show still caters to the dumbest person watching it and time constraints have made quick presentations more effective for showcasing what is simply stage dressing.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 10:31:41 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114281 on: November 26, 2016, 10:36:39 am »

Yeah but why do they go so far out of their way to do this?

Just have his stall pull in a lot of her old customers which slows down her business.

Why make it implausible by making her just so dang doomed? It isn't like "less business" isn't a bad thing (afterall she wants a loan to open her own restaurant)

The only thing I've seen that handled Buisness worse is
A) Restaurant Makeover: They honestly don't know the concept of demographics and will pretty up a bar and promptly lose their previous customers killing the restaurant.
-Bonus points it is a reality show...
B) An Anime Yamino Pastichie: Where there was a ULTRA SUPER DUPER high end dessert store that was HUGE and had Blimp advertisement... and yet STILL somehow made money and not through exuberant prices.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 10:40:59 am by Neonivek »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #114282 on: November 26, 2016, 10:45:41 am »

I think Flying Dice had a static unicron/MLP avatar at one point, and I suspect I was referring to the same person. :oops:

But I mean its a quick insight into stereotyping, I feel.  Gender isnt a quickly displayed thing here, and its a friendly reminder that its easy to do.
Are you thinking about this dude instead? :O

[...]
It took you an hour to decide you didnt see the context?

Well, I imply that many peopld who are as thoughtful, somewhat detatched, and indepth as you -here- are male.  At least I think theyre okay being called so.  So thus, its fairly easy to make the assumption that like begets like, and 13:1 ratios and jazz.

Not sure theres much to get.

Okay, yeah, this is the intent I thought was there, but it was late and I wasn't sure. To be fair I think I might have used that picture as an avatar years back when that was still a thing.

But mm, this is part of why I try not to get caught up in wondering or worrying about the gender or sex of other people on the internet. Ideas and attitudes are what matter.

Out of respect for keeping socpol out of the WTF thread I won't respond in full to MSH, but I would like to say that that's a damn good explanation for how these ideas are transmitted to the mainstream and why they're not healthy when mindlessly parroted by angry people who lack the background to understand what's being said and why, for multiple reasons. Bravo.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #114283 on: November 26, 2016, 10:52:52 am »

WTF Conservapedia?

Quote from: Professor Values
American history professor at the Massachusetts College of Art, Noel Ignatiev says, “If you are a white male, you don’t deserve to live...."[77]
Quote from: citation
Fernando, Ivan (November 18, 2013). "Progressive professor urges white male students to commit suicide during class". Diversity Chronicle website.
Quote from: disclaimer on DC website
The original content on this blog is largely satirical.

“I ceased in the year 1764 to believe that one can convince one’s opponents with arguments printed in books. It is not to do that, therefore, that I have taken up my pen, but merely so as to annoy them, and to bestow strength and courage on those on our own side, and to make it known to the others that they have not convinced us.” – Georg Christoph Lichtenberg.

It is in the spirit of the above quote that I write. Who am I you may ask? My name is Erik Thorson. I created this blog for my own personal amusement.
u got trolled, bro
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114284 on: November 26, 2016, 10:55:11 am »

To be honest, I think most of Conservapedia's contributors are indeed trolls.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 7617 7618 [7619] 7620 7621 ... 10980