Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8073 8074 [8075] 8076 8077 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13184661 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #121110 on: April 20, 2017, 08:53:34 pm »

It always get's me how there are these russian defenders in the comments of all videos like that, and they just spout anti-american bs, play the victim card whenever anyone disagrees with them, and generally do the worst job of representing thier argument.

Feels like a paid supporter thing...
Probably is.  Putin does that.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121111 on: April 20, 2017, 09:04:59 pm »

hey, you guys ever think about keeping a journal forlater reading?

I started keeping one last fall. I tend to laugh hysterically at myself when I read through it, either because there's an actually good memory written down or because I'm hilariously wrong about something.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121112 on: April 20, 2017, 09:09:41 pm »

I don't even know what I'd put in a journal.  I'm boring...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #121113 on: April 20, 2017, 09:50:36 pm »

Can always talk about all the people you hugged on the internet.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121114 on: April 20, 2017, 09:51:34 pm »

If something interesting/good happens, I write it down. If something bad happens, I write it down. Failing that, I write down my thoughts about stuff to make sure I don't forget.

So 1/3 good stuff, 1/3 less-than-good stuff, 1/3 insane philosophical musings.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121115 on: April 20, 2017, 09:59:12 pm »

I am most interested in the philosophical musings.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121116 on: April 20, 2017, 10:06:00 pm »

I have actually been keeping a bit of a journal lately, for quite a while now.
It isn't particularly consistent or anything, and sometimes (usually when writing down a dream) I'll get distracted and forget to finish it 'til days later, but this is the longest any journal of mine has lasted as far as I can remember- usually I write a page or two, then read back and become horribly embarrassed at how stupid whatever I wrote seems, then destroy the journal and reinforce my desire never to try keeping one again.

This is going pretty well, comparatively. That reminds me, I still need to do a follow-up to my last proper entry...   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121117 on: April 20, 2017, 10:07:10 pm »

Anyone ever get the impression that Willy Wonka was full of it and behind the tour was a much more normal ACTUAL factory?

I mean... the Chocolate River actually seems less effective the more I think about it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121118 on: April 20, 2017, 10:09:26 pm »

Someone I know called one of her friends Shaun for something like two years. His name is Dirk.
Damn, that's harsh. Couldn't she at least have called him Sean?   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #121119 on: April 21, 2017, 02:28:28 am »

Spaniah and Italian and, more often nowadays, Chinese are common here.

latin at better Schools or towns.

_________

hey, you guys ever think about keeping a journal forlater reading?

ive done so a few times in my life, thank the Freudian psychiatrist for forcing young pkop to keep a dream journal.

but i havent done so in years.  amazing the dumb crap you obsess over in daytoday life

Sort of.

Meaning, no, but it sort of happened.

During the residency we were encouraged to keep a work journal to keep tabs on our daily routine. Its also a good idea because you can write down frequent things (eg: febrile neutropenia protocols for special situations) so that you can refer to them later.

Now, my original hospital was a very very troubled place at that time, and people often quarreled with  each other. I often clashed with some of the consultants because I felt I was being cheated/snubbed. And for other reasons as well, there was a lot of office politics in place.

Now, I kept a record of what I perceived as mid-to-large clashes, as to be able to document it better if the permanent  brinkmanship at my dept came to open war. So... over the months and years my "resident book" evolved into an odd compilation of medical notes with colorful narrations of quarrels inbetween
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #121120 on: April 21, 2017, 02:36:39 am »

I actually started keeping a journal last month. I used to keep a diary intermittently in high school, but that was just me bawwing about dumb teenager problems. This one's supposed to be a more factual, level-headed account of major events and things I think about, not just woe and misery. I'm also trying to avoid gaps longer than seven days, although it's already happened twice.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121121 on: April 21, 2017, 04:44:17 am »

"Dear journal,

My family are monsters, my coworkers are assholes, and the entire world sucks. FML"
*This entry was copied over repeatedly under each date in this journal.

Anyone ever get the impression that Willy Wonka was full of it and behind the tour was a much more normal ACTUAL factory?

I mean... the Chocolate River actually seems less effective the more I think about it.
It could very well be a massive exaggeration of how a real factory works - the tour only shows you the happy whitewashed bullshit when the reality is much less pleasant.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #121122 on: April 21, 2017, 06:40:33 am »

So... I don't normally remember my dreams, but the last two nights have been rather strange.

Night one was a dream about suicidal zombies in what I think was child-me's view of the town in which I grew up.

Night two I dreamed up the most horribly frustrating woman, and I got so frustrated with her that I woke up and continued an argument with her in my head. This after dreaming of being chased up some stairs by a Nightkin super mutant from Fallout.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #121123 on: April 21, 2017, 07:25:18 am »

If something interesting/good happens, I write it down. If something bad happens, I write it down. Failing that, I write down my thoughts about stuff to make sure I don't forget.

So 1/3 good stuff, 1/3 less-than-good stuff, 1/3 insane philosophical musings.
Do it.
Instead of explaining the prediction out to not do it. :P
And then you can work with something you did and find out its a lot more detailed with respect to what's being described, than how you predicted it to be.

"Dear journal,

My family are monsters, my coworkers are assholes, and the entire world sucks. FML"
I've seen fml a lot lately and have no idea what it is or means.

Alongside many other three or two letter acronyms that I feel I'm missing out on, especially on their origin. Because I like learning the history of things. >_>

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #121124 on: April 21, 2017, 07:30:20 am »

"fuck my life"  I think
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 8073 8074 [8075] 8076 8077 ... 10983