Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8077 8078 [8079] 8080 8081 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13188759 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #121170 on: April 22, 2017, 10:03:47 am »

The word is "dearth", Neo. "Dirge" means a sad song.

To admit, both work...

No. No it doesn't.

you are right there is a dirge of REALLY terrible shows

No. This is English only insomuch as it is composed entirely of English words. Dearth means a lack of, Dirges are funeral songs or other laments for the dead. There is no situation I can think of where they are interchangeable.

EDIT: You've elaborated slightly, but the phrase you want is closer to swan song. Dirge is not really used like that.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #121171 on: April 22, 2017, 10:16:59 am »

those finease and ferb are the bulbous headed trianglish things with fuckheug foreheads rite?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121172 on: April 22, 2017, 10:46:49 am »

Ok NO!!! NO!!!

Santa Claus wouldn't get charged for Breaking and Entering... Breaking an entering is the crime of trespassing in order to commit another crime. What crime is that? Giving you presents?

TWO!!! He can't be trespassing if he is invited... It would be a very tough case to win against Santa Claus given he only goes to houses that essentially invite him in.

There are some crimes you COOOUUULD charge Santa Claus with... The "going down your chimney to deliver you presents" part... no.. It is pretty legal... For Santa.

Though I will say... a legal series based entirely on Santa would be fascinating (I've seen one but it was... kind of silly... "He gave me a lousy toy!")... But my favorite idea was a "What if Santa was real and a well known scientific fact, and anyone could in theory go to his workshop" and just what would happen from there... So long as it doesn't devolve into "Santa is a bad" like everyone loves to do.

I dunno I guess I am not a fan of bad Santas... because to me he is kind of the living embodiment of the spirit of giving. Like if there was a incarnate of Charity... Santa...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 10:52:55 am by Neonivek »

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121173 on: April 22, 2017, 10:53:35 am »

those finease and ferb are the bulbous headed trianglish things with fuckheug foreheads rite?
Somewhat. The foreheads aren't that big.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121174 on: April 22, 2017, 10:56:33 am »

Once a year, only to comparatively rich people? Some philanthropist.
One wheel short of a wagon

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121175 on: April 22, 2017, 11:40:22 am »

Once a year, only to comparatively rich people? Some philanthropist.

Hey hey hey! Get that fridge logic out of here!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #121176 on: April 22, 2017, 11:55:43 am »

Santa also goes to Big Ys and asks for Salvation Army Alms.
Girl Scouts go to supermarkets as well, and ask for monies in return for a treat.

Ergo, santa is a girl scout
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121177 on: April 22, 2017, 11:59:36 am »

This just in santa's workshop suing the US government for going back on their UN commitment to lower emissions.  Santa's north pole workshop reportedly broke through the thinning ice and sunk to the bottom of the ocean.  Hundreds of elves confirmed dead, 2 reindeer missing also presumed dead.  While delivering the serving papers 3 more reindeer were shot and 'obliterated out of existence' by the white house's AA gun.  President claims that 'they shot first' by pooping on the white house lawn.  Says China knows what he's on about.

More at 11.

This just in, the 'reindeer poop' the president claimed to have instigated the firing of the AA guns has been located.  It was found inside what has been identified as Vixen's lower intestine and partial rectum found near the front yard fence, supposedly blasted there by the force of the AA guns.   President feels vindicated, as that still means that there is reindeer poop on the front lawn.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 12:05:55 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121178 on: April 22, 2017, 12:01:23 pm »

This just in santa's workshop suing the US government for going back on their UN commitment to lower emissions.  Santa's north pole workshop reportedly broke through the thinning ice and sunk to the bottom of the ocean.  Hundreds of elves confirmed dead, 2 reindeer missing also presumed dead.  While delivering the serving papers 3 more reindeer were shot and 'obliterated out of existence' by the white house's AA gun.  President claims that 'they shot first' by pooping on the white house lawn.  Says China knows what he's on about.

More at 11.

Actually... That... is kind of a legitimate argument isn't it?

I mean Santa's Workshop is ESSENTIALLY a sovereign nation even older than America itself (depending on which legend we are working with.)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #121179 on: April 22, 2017, 12:51:40 pm »

The word is "dearth", Neo. "Dirge" means a sad song.
To admit, both work...
No, they don't, Neo.

Dearth means scarcity. Dirge is, as noted, a song.

Well a "Dirge Of Quality": A sad song of quality
A "Dearth of quality": A absence of quality

Add in that most people typically refer to funeral dirges when they reference a dirge and it gets a second meaning "A death of quality" or "Funeral of quality"

Ok, let's skip the random Santa bit that came out of nowhere. I'd like some help processing this bit here. How does one word being used in a specific context (ie to refer to funeral songs) somehow magically transfer to relate to quality. Like, you used the wrong word in the first instance, then when you were corrected, instead of going lol my bad you doubled down on it to try and change the common usage of a certain word. I'm still trying to parse how the logic operated in the last bit, can someone help me, this is seriously upsetting me.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #121180 on: April 22, 2017, 01:06:19 pm »

TWO!!! He can't be trespassing if he is invited... It would be a very tough case to win against Santa Claus given he only goes to houses that essentially invite him in.

Yeah, couldn't Santa use the milk and cookies, along with the stockings, as evidence that the owners meant for him to be there?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121181 on: April 22, 2017, 01:12:55 pm »

When I read about trespassing, Santa, and stockings, i had an image of a santa-burglar with a stocking over his head as a disguise.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #121182 on: April 22, 2017, 01:24:59 pm »

I liked the old X-Men cartoon when I finally saw it as an adult. It was exactly the show I wanted as a child (continuing story, actual drama, not just jokes all the time) but I didn't get any channels that had it. I also quite enjoyed Rugrats, Ed Edd n Eddy, CatDog, Spongebob, the Pokemon anime, and of course Avatar: The Last Airbender was a huge deal when it came out.

If anything it seems that kid's programming has gotten worse besides Adventure Time, Steven Universe and Gravity Falls which get all the attention. There's a lot of vaguely-educational CGI made-for-netflix shovelware that solely exists for lazy parents to plop their spawn in front of.

The Amazing World of Gumball is pretty good. Perhaps I just have a weird sense of humour though...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #121183 on: April 22, 2017, 03:02:50 pm »

Ok NO!!! NO!!!

Santa Claus wouldn't get charged for Breaking and Entering... Breaking an entering is the crime of trespassing in order to commit another crime. What crime is that? Giving you presents?

There are some crimes you COOOUUULD charge Santa Claus with... The "going down your chimney to deliver you presents" part... no.. It is pretty legal... For Santa.

Though I will say... a legal series based entirely on Santa would be fascinating (I've seen one but it was... kind of silly... "He gave me a lousy toy!")... But my favorite idea was a "What if Santa was real and a well known scientific fact, and anyone could in theory go to his workshop" and just what would happen from there... So long as it doesn't devolve into "Santa is a bad" like everyone loves to do.

I dunno I guess I am not a fan of bad Santas... because to me he is kind of the living embodiment of the spirit of giving. Like if there was a incarnate of Charity... Santa...
'He has been conducting illegal mass surveillance upon the entirety of the human species, being able to determine when all children have been asleep or awake, recording all of their details without the consent of their parents or guardians - police have since seized his "naughty list." He has been responsible for breaking and entering into innumerable homes, vandalizing houses with coal inserted within socks, stealing any cookies or milk in sight with astounding regularity, for a purpose unknown.

This case if dismissed will not acquit Mr. Claus from the mounting evidence that shows Mr. Claus has been offloading surplus production from his slave-labour operations conducted in the North Pole, all conducted under the auspice of his rogue micronation that pollutes the arctic environment in violation of international laws regulating the arctic and of the national laws of Canada, Denmark, Norway, Russia and the United States of America.
Mr. Claus's argument that human rights do not apply to elves will not be received well."

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121184 on: April 22, 2017, 04:15:51 pm »

What the shit is all of this now.

~Santa
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 8077 8078 [8079] 8080 8081 ... 10983