Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8096 8097 [8098] 8099 8100 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13163918 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #121455 on: April 29, 2017, 04:31:11 pm »

You can summon ISIS to kill you, i guess.

I am a mix of horrified and terribly amused at the idea that ISIS can be summoned with a bat signal-esque floodlight of a burning Koran.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #121456 on: April 29, 2017, 04:32:07 pm »

You can summon ISIS to kill you, i guess.

I am a mix of horrified and terribly amused at the idea that ISIS can be summoned with a bat signal-esque floodlight of a burning Koran.

And now we have a new supervillian group to deal with!

Have Superman do what he did with the KKK or something...

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #121457 on: April 29, 2017, 04:35:35 pm »

On a train trip, I saw a guy carrying a really young kitten - after talking to him while waiting for the train to stop at the station, I learned that it was 1 month old. I just couldn't imagine separating a kitten from its mother this early, 2 months would be a strict lower limit for me.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121458 on: April 29, 2017, 05:59:37 pm »

Mama cat could have died or disappeared, y'know.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121459 on: April 29, 2017, 06:03:19 pm »

Mama cat could have died or disappeared, y'know.

That would make the kitten a prime target for Disney.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #121460 on: April 29, 2017, 06:15:33 pm »

You have to admit, though, that aristocats was the best pun of your young life.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121461 on: April 29, 2017, 07:19:39 pm »

You have to admit, though, that aristocats was the best pun of your young life.

Yes because as a child I just went around talking about aristocrats on and on.

It was aristocrat this and aristocrat that.

Heck I bet most people don't even know what an aristocrat is... I actually had to look it up. (By the by, aristocracy is not synonymous with nobility.)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 07:29:06 pm by Neonivek »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121462 on: April 29, 2017, 07:29:44 pm »

Local McDonalds has some new thing where you order food at a screen and then they'll just deliver the food to your table.  I tried to use it and I broke it so spectacularly it  told me to give the regular cashier my receipt and pay there (normally you can pay at the screen).  It then proceeded to print me a blank piece of paper, that I assume was supposed to be my receipt and then from what I could tell sent my order to the back and duplicated it a bunch of times.  Fortunately the store was pretty slow so the crew realized something was up pretty quick and the order screen I used was shut down.

I just wanted a burger and fries.   It seems technology still has a ways to go before humans are replaced yet.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121463 on: April 29, 2017, 07:36:39 pm »

I just wanted a burger and fries.   It seems technology still has a ways to go before humans are replaced yet.

Truthfully... I do prefer to order food by machine over actual waiters as silly as that sounds.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121464 on: April 29, 2017, 07:51:44 pm »

Yea I really would too. Mistakes can be made, my first job was fast food, and sometimes the order is messed up just because the poor cashier has been hearing people list off food items for the last 8 hours straight and it's starting to run together.  Ordering on a computer ideally removes one more error point in the whole system. Assuming the computer itself is functioning correctly.

And it's not like they are planning on removing jobs as they are having the cashiers work as low end waiters and waitresses instead.  At least at that location.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #121465 on: April 29, 2017, 07:52:21 pm »

A local burger place in my city has a system where you fill out a form with a marker and give it to the cashier. Pretty convenient if you don't like to talk to people, and lets you pick exactly what you want from the long list of toppings.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #121466 on: April 29, 2017, 09:21:36 pm »

People always talk about this stuff like it's some new thing, but honestly, how different is that from ordering your pizza online?

Automation is a good thing.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121467 on: April 29, 2017, 09:37:41 pm »

Ok here is something.

So I am watching a Chinese (or Korean >_< or... another Asian country) anime about a professional MMO player.

and they make him seem more and more super special as the show goes on with the feats and builds he is able to pull off. Yet in doing so they are kind of making the MMO they are playing seem incredibly, stupidly, broken. He is managing to out DPS the damage based classes as a "Classless". I am not even getting into some of the bigger bunch of BS he pulls earlier either (including but not limited to: One shotting a 100-man raid boss)

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Where a show tries so hard to convince us that the protagonist is apparently amazing... but it seems to come at the cost of making the game/sport/whatever seem like it has terrible rule issues?

I mean the only other example is Harry Potter where the entire... Game portion seems to not matter as the Snitch is just worth too many points... But then again that game is MEANT to seem broken. You aren't supposed to think it has really great rules (Heck the Muggle version is nothing like the actual game even if you took out the flying)

Apparently this is a common phenomenon in Manhwa and such for some reason I'm not quite sure of yet. I've actually been reading a lot of translations and such of that sort of thing over the past couple of years. Don't know where or when the trend started, but they apparently love having overpowered protagonists. It happens in their web comics too. To be fair, the same "overpowered protagonist" trend has been happening for awhile with loads of Japanese light novels. ex: Sword Art Online, Mahouka, Asterisk War, Problem Children etc. Some do it better than others, like One Punch Man and Mob Psycho(both made by the same person).

Anyway, I can't point to any specific examples at the moment, but The Gamer and Dice were probably some of the first to heavily use game mechanics as part of the story, and they sort of started a wave of copycats. Some of them even based in fictional games like the anime you've apparently been watching. We can probably expect to see more adaptions of the format in the future.

This link may prove of use to you in order to start finding more about the source material. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webtoon
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121468 on: April 29, 2017, 09:38:01 pm »

When the machine messed up, you should have just shouted at the machine that you didn't get your Extra-Big-Ass-Fries.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #121469 on: April 29, 2017, 09:53:46 pm »

When the machine messed up, you should have just shouted at the machine that you didn't get your Extra-Big-Ass-Fries.
I actually just made an EXTRA BIG-ASS FRIES item for my little mod ...

PLEASE COME BACK WHEN YOU CAN AFFORD TO PURCHASE ANOTHER 'EXTRA BIG-ASS FRIES'.  CARL JR. APPRECIATES YOUR BUSINESS.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 8096 8097 [8098] 8099 8100 ... 10983