Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8108 8109 [8110] 8111 8112 ... 10981

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13150433 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #121635 on: May 05, 2017, 01:46:32 am »

Its actually warm out tonight. Like summery warm.
I didnt think winter would ever end
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121636 on: May 05, 2017, 04:38:18 am »

Oh boy, free sugar!

EDIT: Tried to boot up X-Wing vs TIE Fighter for the first time, having bought it the other day. Except it immediately drops an error saying "Joystick required" and kicks me back to desktop.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 04:48:22 am by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #121637 on: May 05, 2017, 08:42:35 am »

Yep. Joystick required, no exceptions. Happened to me way back in the early 2000s when I downloaded the demo. :P
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #121638 on: May 05, 2017, 10:24:24 am »

Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121639 on: May 05, 2017, 10:50:20 am »

EDIT: Tried to boot up X-Wing vs TIE Fighter for the first time, having bought it the other day. Except it immediately drops an error saying "Joystick required" and kicks me back to desktop.
Well that's lame, I was considering trying it.  I do have a gamepad (and an actual joystick somewhere) but still.
Maybe this helps?  I haven't tried it, but it sounds pretty legit and has been updated for a long time: http://headsoft.com.au/index.php?category=vjoy
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121640 on: May 05, 2017, 11:16:30 am »

OK, so the person that has been routinely downvoting me on Imgur has stepped up their game, and is now doing it with increased frequency.

At this point I REALLY want to find out who it is and ask why they're taking the time to bother with it.
My name is Inigo Montoya. You downvoted my father. Prepare to be downvoted.

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #121641 on: May 05, 2017, 12:59:56 pm »

French politics keep being really weird. I won't go into detail for obvious reasons.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121642 on: May 05, 2017, 01:02:42 pm »

Well that's lame, I was considering trying it.  I do have a gamepad (and an actual joystick somewhere) but still.
Maybe this helps?  I haven't tried it, but it sounds pretty legit and has been updated for a long time: http://headsoft.com.au/index.php?category=vjoy
Or you could yakknow.  Get a flight yoke and stop being a pleb. :P
(I am joking of course, while I do have one it is more than a decade old, at least 30% structurally super glue and duct tape, and I pretty much just keep it around for playing the Freespace games)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #121643 on: May 05, 2017, 02:49:21 pm »

I've got four of the things floating around, all in good condition. Kept finding them at thrift stores for a few bucks each.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #121644 on: May 05, 2017, 05:01:38 pm »

Any game wherein a grenade or rocket can count as a viable light source is okay by me.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #121645 on: May 05, 2017, 05:08:08 pm »

I seem to spend half my time threatening extremely aggressive telemarketers. How many times does somebody have to hear "I DO NOT HAVE ANY STUDENT LOANS. NOBODY HERE HAS ANY STUDENT LOANS. THE PERSON YOU ARE TRYING TO REACH DOES NOT, NEVER HAS, AND NEVER WILL LIVE HERE. STOP CALLING ME 12 TIMES A DAY" before it clicks that calling this number is a waste of time?

The really odd thing is I've had this number for well over a year and a half, and these calls directed to a specific not-me person are a recent problem.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #121647 on: May 05, 2017, 06:05:27 pm »

Any game wherein a grenade or rocket can count as a viable light source is okay by me.

XCOM? (In the old ones, incendiary bullets would explode when they hit things.)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #121648 on: May 05, 2017, 06:25:53 pm »

I seem to spend half my time threatening extremely aggressive telemarketers. How many times does somebody have to hear "I DO NOT HAVE ANY STUDENT LOANS. NOBODY HERE HAS ANY STUDENT LOANS. THE PERSON YOU ARE TRYING TO REACH DOES NOT, NEVER HAS, AND NEVER WILL LIVE HERE. STOP CALLING ME 12 TIMES A DAY" before it clicks that calling this number is a waste of time?

The really odd thing is I've had this number for well over a year and a half, and these calls directed to a specific not-me person are a recent problem.
You should learn to greet and swear in various languages, then answer the telemarketers with them. On the other hand, threatening someone over student loans is to some degree illegal (not sure where the line is exactly), so you could just call the cops on them.

Regardless, turn this annoyance into fun. You have an excellent opportunity here to break all conversational norms and you're just wasting it.
Oh boy, free sugar!

Mmm. Boy syrup.

... Wait...
If it tastes like syrup you should probably tell your friend(s) to get a diabetes screening.

Also, goddamn it Descan.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #121649 on: May 05, 2017, 06:35:55 pm »

XCOM? (In the old ones, incendiary bullets would explode when they hit things.)
si.

Actually, I was wondering; superior technology: does its effect grow or shrink as the 'inferior' tech develops?

i.e.  take a modern gun and compare it to a musket.
       would it be a bigger or lesser disadvantage to compare an assault rifle to whatever lies beyond?

Im sure we could find non-military examples, but I mean compare and contrast lends itself to competition so well
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 8108 8109 [8110] 8111 8112 ... 10981