Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8132 8133 [8134] 8135 8136 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13195173 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #121995 on: May 14, 2017, 08:09:17 pm »

I have not had a crash on Windows since Vista, and the last one wasn't even my fault (shared computer, other users pirating irresponsibly, virus ensued.)
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121996 on: May 14, 2017, 08:29:37 pm »

'grade school' romance is a phase every relationship goes through.

you can't be a couple until you whisper and giggle with each other.  legit, whether you're sneaking a feel or kiss, or laughing at each other stupid jokes, it happens.

piss is kind of amazed this show is still airing tbh.  never seen an episode, but i seem to recall it was on like 10 years ago
It was off the air in the intevening time.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #121997 on: May 15, 2017, 02:56:57 am »

Was a crazy drive today. Dodged a dead porcupine in the middle of the highway. Spotted deer literally on the side of the road by the intersection to the gas station, standing there munching the shrubs ignoring the traffic. Near the lake just outside town we had hail. There was enough on the ground by the lakeside and along the road that it looked like it snowed. When i first encountered the slush, i was just going up a hill. Suddenly i noticed it was difficult to keep it going straight and at speed and after slowing down and ten seconds later i realized it was because i was driving upstream in what was effectively a river running down the ruts in the road.

As i came up over the hill i could see a firetruck and police cruiser with lights going, turns out there were actually two cars in the ditch on either side of the road. The firemen were busy with the car on the opposite side and on the near side there was a police officer talking to whoever was in the car.
Then the hail and rain just got worse. It didnt let up until after i had parked at tbe store. Gor what i needed and by then it was just rain. Kept raining all day, and as i was going home i could see there was still slushy hail pellets on the ground under many of the trees.

Its fucking freezing tonight, too. Just cold as shit. My fire went out too. Its getting colder.
When i went out and turned off the generator i could hear some large animal sniffling/breathing heavily on the opposite side of the shed i was next to. The horses were all in the pastjre behind me, clearly visible. I think ot was a moose.

Its fucking May. Nature go home ur drunk and scaring the kids
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 02:59:24 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121998 on: May 15, 2017, 05:07:59 am »

-snop-
That last bit is giving me Long Dark flashbacks, heck
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121999 on: May 15, 2017, 11:38:35 am »

I have not had a crash on Windows since Vista, and the last one wasn't even my fault (shared computer, other users pirating irresponsibly, virus ensued.)

I've had constant problems with the abortion of programming that is Windows 10.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #122000 on: May 15, 2017, 11:53:09 am »

I haven't had a BSOD not caused by hardware failure in more than 15 years. I find it highly unlikely that your proplems are primarily Microsoft's fault.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #122001 on: May 15, 2017, 12:12:30 pm »

I think the last time I had a BSOD was windows 95. Everything 98 and up was stable enough to not cause that, although I don't know about Vista, never bothered to try that.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #122002 on: May 15, 2017, 12:19:43 pm »

pirating irresponsibly

I think you repeated yourself there...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #122003 on: May 15, 2017, 12:37:30 pm »

blah blah piracy is evil blah blah

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #122004 on: May 15, 2017, 12:51:13 pm »

blah blah piracy is theft blah blah
So true, brother.  So true.

Piracy hurts small business much more than big business, as with all relative loss.

I imagine that EA gets a woody based on the number of people they estimate illegally download their games despite hating on them publicly.  Wouldnt it just be better to actually boycott them?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #122005 on: May 15, 2017, 12:57:42 pm »

Look, this debate has taken place in this forum a thousand times. We bith know it wont end with either of us convincing the other party. We both know that as people jump in the odds of someone losing his temper and unleashing a tantrum spiral of threadlocks and bans become higher. So how about we skip it altogether?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #122006 on: May 15, 2017, 01:06:12 pm »

fair 'nuff

Wasn't looking for an argument.  And it will always happen.  Its like the FBIs warning on old VHS cassette tapes.
  Or the NFL's warning.

WARNING, IT IS POSSIBLE THAT PERHAPS YOU WILL BE FINED FOR VIDEO-RECORDING THIS GAME AND/OR PLAYING IT FOR PUBLIC GAIN.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122007 on: May 15, 2017, 02:51:43 pm »

I haven't had a BSOD not caused by hardware failure in more than 15 years. I find it highly unlikely that your proplems are primarily Microsoft's fault.

Which is why I had issues with a factory new W10 machine.  My fault.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #122008 on: May 15, 2017, 02:58:42 pm »

I was only trying to make a joke, especially considering how many scams I've seen claiming you can get games for free (which would qualify as pirating if it wasn't actually a virus/spyware/malware/ransomware).

Though I'm intrigued that the NFL have a warning on recording the sports games... That seems a little extreme (and difficult to enforce).

Which is why I had issues with a factory new W10 machine.  My fault.
My brother himself had problems with 3 laptops that he'd purchased, and he ultimately wound up going for a Mac.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122009 on: May 15, 2017, 02:59:18 pm »

He didn't say it was your fault. Faulty hardware is a Thing that Exists, especially if it's a new device and thereby untested for any length of time by yourself. I'd bring it into the place you bought it from. :v I've had a few issues with my current machine and it's less than a month old.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 8132 8133 [8134] 8135 8136 ... 10984