Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8164 8165 [8166] 8167 8168 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13145361 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #122475 on: May 26, 2017, 05:35:34 pm »

Anyway, I looked up Miles Mathis a bit. It seems that most of his theories (apart from those involving the Jewish heritages of figures including Adolf Hitler) stem from the fact that he didn't understand the whole d->0 bit in calculus intuitively, and never has since.
I personally couldn't care less about maths, but I found a rather golden quote later in the magazine, in a blurb about a book called Science For Heretics by Barrie Condon. I think it rather sums things up. In, fact, I think this is possibly the highlight of this whole damn treasure trove of a magazine.

Just because you don't understand something in maths, science or medicine doesn't mean that you're ignorant: you may in fact have an intuitive sense that such edicts are based on false assumptions and "articles of faith".

That's right, folks. If you cannot into the advanced maths, it's probably just because the whole damn thing's built on lies anyway.

Wtf even os a rabbid tho
When were they ever cool
Rabbids were huge for a few years after the Wii came out, not sure if they're still as big because I haven't touched any Nintendo consoles in a while.
They certainly far outgrew that godawful Rayman franchise that spawned them. Rabbids are actually kind of entertaining.
Better than most of Nintendo's thoroughly beaten dead horses uh, I mean, franchises.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122476 on: May 26, 2017, 05:57:23 pm »

Sometimes I wish that game rewards that would tempt a real life person could somehow tempt a player... or scare them.

But I realize that the disconnect is FAR too wide to ever pull off. There is no real way to tempt someone with good food in a videogame.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #122477 on: May 26, 2017, 06:22:06 pm »

Bruce Cathie called this 24 Hour partitioning of the Full Day as Earth Time, and revealed to the world that there exists another Cosmic Time of 27 Hours in a day, which changes all the calculations, but this 27 hr day was the secret knowledge that allowed the precision necessary for dropping nuclear bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki (meaning that there is no such thing as Nuclear Attack or Threat, because mathematicians world wide could therefore predict when the next possible bombing could happen according to the trigonometry of the midday sun and the geometric nodal position of the city to be bombed).
Again, I completely fail to understand what kinds of logic these people are using or how they came to that conclusion. It literally just looks like bits of different sentences taken and mishmashed together in an effort to make it sound scientific.

* IronTomato acquires a headache

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122478 on: May 26, 2017, 06:52:41 pm »

Missing data:

HOW does adding 3 hrs to the day in any way help correct orbital insertion computation? (Remember kids, ICBMs enter low earth orbit to cruise around the planet to hit their desired target.)  Not that this even matters, as the bomb dropped on Hiroshima was dropped using a standard aircraft, not an ICBM. (So, somehow adding 3 days to the computation was absolutely necessary to hit a target with a bomb, dropped from an old fashioned bomber, using a bombardier's sight? How exactly? Do tell!)

Additionally, how does this in any way allow governments to predict when a nuclear football has been kicked, and where it will land? (See above.) Since this is the predicate to making nukes meaningless, per the last statement, it is kinda very important to the paragraph.

But of course, they dont have any compelling answers to those questions I would wager. :P

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #122479 on: May 26, 2017, 08:50:05 pm »

Bruce Cathie called this 24 Hour partitioning of the Full Day as Earth Time, and revealed to the world that there exists another Cosmic Time of 27 Hours in a day, which changes all the calculations, but this 27 hr day was the secret knowledge that allowed the precision necessary for dropping nuclear bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki (meaning that there is no such thing as Nuclear Attack or Threat, because mathematicians world wide could therefore predict when the next possible bombing could happen according to the trigonometry of the midday sun and the geometric nodal position of the city to be bombed).
Again, I completely fail to understand what kinds of logic these people are using or how they came to that conclusion. It literally just looks like bits of different sentences taken and mishmashed together in an effort to make it sound scientific.

All of you people are snotbrains. Only the 4-day knowledge of wisest human Gene Ray can save the world from educated stupid oneism, whether that oneism is 24 hour or 27 hour. Adults eat teenagers alive, no record of their deaths.

The flags of the counties of Liberia look like they were made in MS Paint
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122480 on: May 26, 2017, 09:10:47 pm »

Managed to cause the equivalent of a Charlie horse in my abdominal muscles whilst on the toilet. At least, I hope that's what happened, as opposed to, say, twisting an intestine. I'd probably in a lot more pain if that was the case, though. It doesn't hurt now, anyway.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122481 on: May 26, 2017, 09:17:39 pm »

well that last bit makes sense; if you need precision math to drop a bomb based on the turnings of the moon and the shade of my entire ass, then if someone can do the math and knows those datas, then they can calculate when the next such moon-ass-bomb window occurs and preprare.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122482 on: May 26, 2017, 09:20:32 pm »

I don't even. How can people be THAT stupid? a five year old could tell their crazy let alone anyone else.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122484 on: May 27, 2017, 02:57:25 am »

Oh gods I'm supposed to be going to a rave tonight my poor sleep schedule how will it survive this onslaught
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122485 on: May 27, 2017, 03:10:04 am »

Played a bit of mafia with classmates, some of whom hadn't played before. In the last game, a first-timer bussed his scum buddy and claimed rolecop at the very start*. It was a lovely gambit and we believed him completely. Then we lynched the real sheriff. :P

(*We were starting games at night, BTW, because people don't get what mafia is about.)
One wheel short of a wagon

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122486 on: May 27, 2017, 05:17:37 am »

Half-assed fixed a company computer today, because we cannot afford for it to be down, and the IT we have is outsourced from GodKnowsWhereIstan. It suffered a Magical BSOD involving a corrupted registry. Hooray.

Rebooted it while pounding on the F8 key, ran a full chkdsk cycle and did a system restore against a restore point created 5 days ago from a windows update to restore the registry to how it was then. So far so good-- but I suspect that the drive has serious issues with bad sectors, and is not long for this world-- I have this suspicion, because the drive had some significant file corruption, which was thankfully contained to just the contents of the browser cache. Still, corrupt registry at the same time is pretty damned suspicious.

I attached a nice little love-note that the system is likely to die again without warning, and that it needs proper care.  We will see if our amazing building administrator can be bothered to make the necessary arrangements or not.

I am not holding my breath. 

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #122487 on: May 27, 2017, 05:38:47 am »

Really, weather? Going from a long cold spring with around 10C (50F) temperatures to KERBLAM! 35C (95F) within a week again? Whatever happened to gradual season change :P
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122488 on: May 27, 2017, 05:48:11 am »

Where I live, it has mood swings between those kinds of temperatures THROUGHOUT THE DAY.

Can start absolutely frigid with frost on the ground, and turn 90F in the course of just a few hours. No-- I don't live in a desert. :P

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122489 on: May 27, 2017, 09:07:25 am »

Where I live, it has mood swings between those kinds of temperatures THROUGHOUT THE DAY.

Can start absolutely frigid with frost on the ground, and turn 90F in the course of just a few hours. No-- I don't live in a desert. :P

Well that could be Canada. Yet let me see... You would have to be mainland because Maritime would balance out the temperature making that sort of shirt impossible.

Needs to be somewhere relatively temperate or where the ground doesn't retain much heat... THOUGH Shinooks also allow this sort of weather to exist, so he could be by a mountain.
Pages: 1 ... 8164 8165 [8166] 8167 8168 ... 10980