Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8178 8179 [8180] 8181 8182 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12999397 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #122685 on: June 01, 2017, 10:51:59 am »

... Your name is Banjo? Is that a common Aussie name? Self-chosen or parents-given?

I don't mean to be a dick about it, but it's still... An odd name.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #122686 on: June 01, 2017, 11:12:08 am »

... Your name is Banjo? Is that a common Aussie name? Self-chosen or parents-given?

I don't mean to be a dick about it, but it's still... An odd name.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122687 on: June 01, 2017, 11:14:56 am »

Oh, okay, Yoink's a Bollywood movie character. Makes sense. :D
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #122688 on: June 01, 2017, 11:20:18 am »

I'm tempted to start a vote so that he changes his avatar to that
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #122689 on: June 01, 2017, 11:36:32 am »

I've already voted yes.

By the way your avatar is fantastically terrifying, chairman.
Love, scriver~

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #122690 on: June 01, 2017, 11:55:42 am »

Needed to ressurect an old computer for my downstairs, which will essentially only be used for media, internet, and occasionally streaming Steam games. With this in mind, and considering the low-powered hardware in it, I elected to install Linux instead of Windows. I installed Netrunner on it last night, which seems to be working quite well.

The odd thing is that Netrunner advertises during install that it has Steam bundled in it, and the screenshot they use is a store page with very nice ASCII art. I can't find a copy of that image, have no idea what game it might be, and it is driving me nuts.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #122691 on: June 01, 2017, 12:14:45 pm »

I've already voted yes.

By the way your avatar is fantastically terrifying, chairman.

At least I now can look at his avatar without gasping from terror...

My WTF: I keep getting dreams where pigeons keep crapping on or downright trying to kill me.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122692 on: June 01, 2017, 12:56:19 pm »

Needed to ressurect an old computer for my downstairs, which will essentially only be used for media, internet, and occasionally streaming Steam games. With this in mind, and considering the low-powered hardware in it, I elected to install Linux instead of Windows. I installed Netrunner on it last night, which seems to be working quite well.

The odd thing is that Netrunner advertises during install that it has Steam bundled in it, and the screenshot they use is a store page with very nice ASCII art. I can't find a copy of that image, have no idea what game it might be, and it is driving me nuts.
Well can't you ask them?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #122693 on: June 01, 2017, 01:02:27 pm »

I... seriously have to ask what you consider to be low-powered if streaming steam games is still on the table. 'Cause streaming just about anything, never mind something involving an intermediary program and something as intensive as your average game, is usually something of a strain on the hardware. Least in my experience, which has been with weak machines for... basically ever, really.

That said, take screenshot of screenshot? Maybe someone can identify it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #122694 on: June 01, 2017, 01:04:16 pm »

I think perhaps you meant 'watching steam streams' ?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122695 on: June 01, 2017, 01:06:38 pm »

I imagine give Steam was mentioned too that it likely meant to receive the stream from a much more powerful system. I know I used that to stream to my laptop when I wanted to be playing a proper game but also talk with my mum.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #122696 on: June 01, 2017, 01:21:12 pm »

I... seriously have to ask what you consider to be low-powered if streaming steam games is still on the table. 'Cause streaming just about anything, never mind something involving an intermediary program and something as intensive as your average game, is usually something of a strain on the hardware. Least in my experience, which has been with weak machines for... basically ever, really.

That said, take screenshot of screenshot? Maybe someone can identify it.

The low-powered machine is the client, streaming from the (quite high-end) gaming PC upstairs. Receiving an in-home Steam stream takes very little power, and lets me play my games downstairs if I feel like it.

If I could find the screen any way other than starting a fresh Netrunner install, I would do that. Unfortunately, even if the image isn't in a package, I don't understand the Linux directory structure at all, so I can't find it on the install disc.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122697 on: June 01, 2017, 01:23:44 pm »

Don't they have some sort of contact line?

Go and ask the people who put it in.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #122698 on: June 01, 2017, 01:33:38 pm »

I just ordered a pizza. It was 14 euros, including delivery fee. I tried to pay with a 20 euro bill, but the courier DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH CHANGE for that.

Now if I had tried to pay with 50 euros, I'd completely understand it if they said they cannot change that. That's quite normal. The few occasions I have ordered pizza with only a 50 euro bill, I have always told that on the phone, in advance.

But no 6 euros change from a 20 bill? Really? And the guy even dared tell me I should have said I only have 20 euro bill on the phone? I had to go door to door to my neighbors. Eventually the 5th one I tried was able to change for me so I could pay for my pizza :P

EDIT: it still tastes great though, although not as hot as it could have been. YUM quattro formaggio. My bowels will probably disembowel me for this sin againt my lactose intolerance, but hey, you only fart once.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 01:40:31 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #122699 on: June 01, 2017, 01:43:06 pm »

In the US, I'd suspect that the delivery driver was trying to scam a larger tip (hoping that I'd react to "I don't have change for this" with "just keep the change" or "just give me whatever change you have") out of me, and file a complaint with the store. I don't know if that's likely where you are, since I don't know your tipping culture.
Pages: 1 ... 8178 8179 [8180] 8181 8182 ... 10974