Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8188 8189 [8190] 8191 8192 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13140103 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #122835 on: June 05, 2017, 02:19:01 pm »

I just had a pre-dawn Winter shower and survived. :o
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #122836 on: June 05, 2017, 03:36:40 pm »

:o < TFW you probably prime yourself to wake up early and have a lucid dream, in your lucid dream, that becomes 'wait is this seriously real @_@' and 'real' as in 'I'm experiencing a lot of emotions and wow this is very real' because of the detail you had.
Plot summary: I was kidnapped by a gentleman-gangster who brought me to work as a maid for a rich family. Said rich family seemed to be an evil-alterego of my current family because they had rich English accents but looked the same...in a way. And I felt everything from prolonged shock to "GIVE ME A MINUTE TO TAKE THIS ALL IN" [and said gangster-kidnapper being all 'okay fine sure'] because of the presumed realism [like, feelings of ACTUALLY being there with a person you know is armed and shows off that they're trained to pretty much be reactive]

Goodness I can type out the whole dream in detail but when I do that I often describe the scenery because that's what gave it the realism.
"The moon was full this night, and the stars gave me comfort that being bereft of family and contacts did not."
Because wow that minute of silence was somewhat calming as I went back to my thoughts...in my dream...
But it is 4:34am and it will take a ton of time to type :v Yay lucid lucidity.
And alien therapist-spider controller that I purged with my inner flame because waking up twice and knowing it was a dream milliseconds after waking up is a thing that is hard to explain in words that I haven't refined yet because of trying to explain everything at the speed of thought.

It is 4:41am. Dreams are awesome [but at the time, can also be pretty intense]
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 03:42:37 pm by Tiruin »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122837 on: June 05, 2017, 09:04:28 pm »

Did y'all here about the real-life Umbrella Corporation skin car clinic:

It's real:
https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/06/resident-evils-umbrella-corporation-logo-is-a-terrible-choice-for-a-skin-clinic/#comment-3818687

Best guess is that they bought the logo off a graphic designer, who actually stole it from here:
http://refrico.deviantart.com/art/Umbrella-Corporation-2-17959190

Come to Umbrella Skin Care Clinic for the popular new "drowned corpse" look.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 09:06:46 pm by Reelya »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122838 on: June 05, 2017, 09:10:47 pm »

"Our mission is your satisfaction", if by "your satisfaction" we mean "turning everyone within ten square miles into ravenous, horrific killing machines".
Black lives matter.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #122839 on: June 05, 2017, 09:18:35 pm »

Please do not quote

Found duplex that needed work, in the gay part of town. Called realtor. Gas bill fluxuates between $300 and $700 / month? He doesn't know why it hasn't sold.... ??? So, is there a hole in the wall, window open with heat on, or are the neighbors tapped into the gas?

Please do not quote
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122840 on: June 05, 2017, 09:23:29 pm »

Wait, the what part of town?  That's a thing??  I might consider risk of spontaneous gas explosion for that.
Lots of explanations, though, maybe an older relative visited for a while and needed the heat up.
"Our mission is your satisfaction", if by "your satisfaction" we mean "turning everyone within ten square miles into ravenous, horrific killing machines".
It's probably ironically a shell corporation for Tri-Optimum.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122841 on: June 05, 2017, 09:25:44 pm »

Well in ALL fairness the Umbrella Corporation was a pharmaceutical company that initially lucked into the T-Virus. They weren't a small time company either and had a lot of clout behind them.

I just figured it was a bad logo because it looks like a WW1 Pilot Wing Logo.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #122842 on: June 05, 2017, 09:26:29 pm »

But more relevant to the thread: Leeches everywhere D:
Moreso 'in places where I'd wonder how they even got there', like in the bathrooms, in the buckets, and in places far away from our backyard of a forest that it is strange to wonder how they squiggled into these places.

I am very cautious now, despite there being a literal wall between any of our entrances, and our "backyard", there are still leeches, even in the basement, and in other places so deprived of leech-pathing.
And then it will be ant month soon, when all those ants come marching in, active and everywhere. :-X
Vermin teleporting is perfectly normal. Build animal traps.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #122843 on: June 05, 2017, 09:55:08 pm »

Did y'all here about the real-life Umbrella Corporation skin car clinic:

It's real:
https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/06/resident-evils-umbrella-corporation-logo-is-a-terrible-choice-for-a-skin-clinic/#comment-3818687

Best guess is that they bought the logo off a graphic designer, who actually stole it from here:
http://refrico.deviantart.com/art/Umbrella-Corporation-2-17959190

Come to Umbrella Skin Care Clinic for the popular new "drowned corpse" look.
When I learned that Umbrella was refounded as a good organization, this is not what I had in mind.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122844 on: June 05, 2017, 11:55:59 pm »

The ways to kill a vampire, decapitation or a stake(or really anything sharp if I remember my old school vampire facts correctly) through the heart.

Leeches don't have heads, and something like half a dozen 'hearts' last I checked.  Good luck.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122845 on: June 06, 2017, 12:13:02 am »

The ways to kill a vampire, decapitation or a stake(or really anything sharp if I remember my old school vampire facts correctly) through the heart.

Leeches don't have heads, and something like half a dozen 'hearts' last I checked.  Good luck.

Immersion in running water kills vamps too

At least the leeches have to be invited into you house first.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #122846 on: June 06, 2017, 12:40:02 am »

Not that its any kind of authority, but in Buffy vampires can be killed by fire or sunlight.  It was implied that vampires grew more resistant to weaknesses with age; the newly made vampires would burst into flame and die if slapped once by a torch, an older vampire had a flaming church dropped on them and survived.  So you'd probably want to age your leech vampires for a while.  On the bright side Buffyverse leeches would be able to squiggle a little faster I guess.

I'm morbidly curious how the writers would turn a vampire with an army of leeches into a metaphor for growing up.  That would have been a horrifying episode on multiple levels.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #122847 on: June 06, 2017, 12:47:43 am »

Well, a writer already turned a war against a multiverse-consuming roid skeleton giant in a game of life and death that would ensure the survival of universes into a metaphor for growing up.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122848 on: June 06, 2017, 01:17:48 am »

Not that its any kind of authority, but in Buffy vampires can be killed by fire or sunlight.  It was implied that vampires grew more resistant to weaknesses with age; the newly made vampires would burst into flame and die if slapped once by a torch, an older vampire had a flaming church dropped on them and survived.  So you'd probably want to age your leech vampires for a while.  On the bright side Buffyverse leeches would be able to squiggle a little faster I guess.

I'm morbidly curious how the writers would turn a vampire with an army of leeches into a metaphor for growing up.  That would have been a horrifying episode on multiple levels.

Here are the traditional ways to kill a Vampire
1) Stake through the heart
2) Decapitation
3) Immolation (sometimes Decapitation and THEN immolation)
4) Garlic and Crosses (Put into one because these are often just repellants. It is uncommon, but has happened, that they have been used as Vampire slay)
5) Silver
6) Sunlight
7) Holy Water
8) Grave Bodily Harm
9) Holyness (VERY uncommon in fiction)
10) Starvation
11) Running Water / Water
12) Vampire Bites
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 01:26:28 am by Neonivek »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122849 on: June 06, 2017, 01:22:30 am »

*is reminded of a silly mental image he had once, of a swarm of flying vampires getting zapped by a gigantic fluorescent light cross 4 stories high being turned on. The image was reminiscent of having a bug zapper turned on, with vampires getting similarly zapped to death.  The thought was inspired by a combination of Vampire Hunter D, and seeing the enormous cross at a local baptist church.
Pages: 1 ... 8188 8189 [8190] 8191 8192 ... 10980