Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8190 8191 [8192] 8193 8194 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13139610 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #122865 on: June 06, 2017, 07:43:09 am »

Kinda already done... One of the original old Pink Panther movies had it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbPb6PrC2Ro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jdq56mLnKs

Cluso goes home after being declared legally dead (due to being missing after being robbed by a transvestite carjacker, who steals his clothes, then gets into a fatal car wreck. Cluso has to wear the women's attire that the car jacker had on originally, and gets picked up by the police who think he is a sexual deviant (this is the 70s), and keep him in lockup overnight.) only to find that his associate, Caito, has transformed his home into a "chinese nookie factory." Literally overnight.

Must .. Kill .. Clouseau
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #122866 on: June 06, 2017, 08:00:52 am »

I suppose that I would have to sleep in the attic, in such a scenario. As for the bathroom, well.

Me, holding towel and razor: "Do hurry up in there, I have an appointment!"
Lady, with client: "Well, you try having a luxurious bubble bath experience in this egg-cup!"
Client: "Oi! Wait yer turn, or git yer own!"

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122867 on: June 06, 2017, 08:13:27 am »

They also did a Simpsons episode on that. It was one of the newer ones though so I'm not too surprised that nobody has heard of it. Ned Flanders was the victim in case you were curious.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #122868 on: June 06, 2017, 08:20:10 am »

I quite like Ned Flanders's door bell. I would love to have one of those. There is probably an on-line shop for that.

As for the Simpsons, I have not seen it in years. It is probably good, quality has never been its problem. But it has been running for nearly three decades, and I have simply had my fill.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122869 on: June 06, 2017, 06:07:04 pm »

I would think that after three decades, you'd run out of topics to make a cartoon about.

Also The Simpsons are slightly older than I am, wow.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122870 on: June 06, 2017, 06:19:22 pm »

I would think that after three decades, you'd run out of topics to make a cartoon about.
They kind of did, most people consider modern Simpsons to be shit. I remember an episode where marge and homer went to a sperm clinic, changed their mind, and that was it. An entire 30 minute featuring a boring car ride and a lacklustre destination.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #122871 on: June 06, 2017, 06:20:39 pm »

I wouldn't call modern Simpsons to be lower quality, but I don't watch it much anymore because they don't use the character dynamics I like anymore.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122872 on: June 06, 2017, 07:37:03 pm »

A very frustrating day at work, which required me to spend all day in an extremely cramped place with little room to move, and no ability to get clear quickly should something happen, all due to the fact that someone decided park a giant stair-ladder where I would normally work - technically I still was working in that spot, just with a giant goddamned stair-ladder in the way. And all my co-workers seem to be mad at me for getting mad at them because all of them need to remove their heads from their asses. It's bad enough trying to work in such a tight spot, and it doesn't help having to 5 people's jobs for them because they simply refuse to do it right themselves. I'm starting to doubt the store's ability to do well, and we've actually been doing below par lately.

And when I got home, I find that my mother threw out the box my PC case came in, which I was keeping so that I had something to move it in safely should I ever need to take my PC somewhere. And it wasn't like it was just sitting there, it was large enough that I was using it to store stuff on top of it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #122873 on: June 06, 2017, 07:54:17 pm »

A very frustrating day at work, which required me to spend all day in an extremely cramped place with little room to move, and no ability to get clear quickly should something happen, all due to the fact that someone decided park a giant stair-ladder where I would normally work - technically I still was working in that spot, just with a giant goddamned stair-ladder in the way. And all my co-workers seem to be mad at me for getting mad at them because all of them need to remove their heads from their asses. It's bad enough trying to work in such a tight spot, and it doesn't help having to 5 people's jobs for them because they simply refuse to do it right themselves. I'm starting to doubt the store's ability to do well, and we've actually been doing below par lately.

If you are in the US, that is blatantly illegal. File an anonomoys OSHA complaint.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122874 on: June 06, 2017, 08:14:13 pm »

To clarify, the reason it's so tight is because I'm working on a clothing rack between me and the main aisle which, obviously, needs to remain clear due to constant traffic. I can simply push the rack out of the way assuming one of my asshole coworkers doesn't put something in the way. Which they do. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure the reason the ladder was there was because of a giant pile of stuff that came in over the weekend. I still think it's bullshit since every single time they need just a little more space, where I do my job is what they pick.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122875 on: June 06, 2017, 09:32:50 pm »

https://www.inverse.com/article/32446-sex-first-time-virginity-age

In addition to not knowing how to catalog and define sexual experiences which don’t involve penises, our society hasn’t figured out why virginity is even a worthwhile topic of study. When the concept was coined, it was a metric by which men could judge the worth of a woman — if she was a virgin, she’d fetch a higher dowry for her hand. Now that the transactional nature of marriage between a man and a woman’s father has changed

... don't you love "expert" commentators who don't even know the first thing about how the systems they're critiquing even worked. I'm kinda guessing that 99.9% of bay12ers actually know better about what a dowry was than this "expert" writing the article.

The idea of a dowry being a payment made by the groom to the father fits well with feminist theory as women as chattels, but unfortunately it's the opposite. Dowry is the money given by the father to help provide for the marriage, it's her share of the inheritance basically, and is common in patrilineal societies precisely because on the death of the father, the sons receive a share of the inheritance. The daughters get their share when they marry, and that's dowry. The father is not selling his daughters. That's not what a dowry is.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 09:44:16 pm by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122876 on: June 06, 2017, 09:42:44 pm »

I know... that I am going to get hate stares for this

But since when has Feminism cared about historical facts? Or facts in general?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #122877 on: June 06, 2017, 09:44:47 pm »

Besides that, it is a scientific fact that somebody who spams Spongebob pictures in their article is automatically wrong about everything.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122878 on: June 06, 2017, 11:10:03 pm »

I know... that I am going to get hate stares for this

But since when has Feminism cared about historical facts? Or facts in general?
well considering it's a very large umbrella concept and... not... a person?

never

cuz it has no feelings to care about things

and the people who subscribe to it are as varied as anything else similar in scope?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122879 on: June 06, 2017, 11:53:26 pm »

and the people who subscribe to it are as varied as anything else similar in scope?

Indeed.

Just bugs me the amount of leeway the political group "Feminism" can get away with, quite a bit.

I'd be just as mad if Liberals were allowed to amend historical articles with false information because they are the "good guys". Regardless of the fact that the vast majority of Liberals aren't part of that.

Not that Liberals and Conservatives haven't gotten away with their fare share of dubiousness in the name of their cause (Or that they aren't getting away with it right now)... Just that an ordinary person isn't going to write them a check or consider it "Acceptable" except perhaps in a defeatist way. NOR is a person who did bring up the dubiousness a target of sedition. Which is why it REALLY bugs me when Feminism does it.

Basically sometimes I feel like they are like a Renaissance Period Catholic/Protestant Church.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 12:06:28 am by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 8190 8191 [8192] 8193 8194 ... 10980