Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8211 8212 [8213] 8214 8215 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13187611 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #123180 on: June 14, 2017, 08:43:37 pm »

Like the Buddha before his enlightenment, you view what meets your ears as torment because of your egocentrism. You resist the nature of the world in favor of your own desires, but yet are chained and limited by those very desires. In believing yourself to be your own master, in preferring something illusory over the reality of cicada song, you have in fact become less free.

Accept the cicadas for what they are, and be liberated.

Alternatively, murder all bugs.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123181 on: June 14, 2017, 09:01:53 pm »

Honestly how bad could it really be for the biosphere to wipe out all lifeforms smaller then a large cat?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #123182 on: June 14, 2017, 09:05:30 pm »

To be fair, left to their own devices, cats do a pretty good job of that themselves
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #123183 on: June 14, 2017, 09:16:07 pm »

Honestly how bad could it really be for the biosphere to wipe out all lifeforms smaller then a large cat?
Probably pretty bad, as I'd go into a rage and kill everything left if all the cute small creatures were gone.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123184 on: June 14, 2017, 09:18:34 pm »

I have always found the sound of cicadas that when its so hot you can see the heat makes that droning noise to be the worst. it just feels like the sound of suffering.
Hmm, I'm pretty sure this is actually the only situation in which I've really heard cicadas, so perhaps I'm a bit biased against them.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123185 on: June 14, 2017, 09:28:03 pm »

I think I'd literally die in 50c.

Yep that is certainly the danger zone.

However, I heard the chanting of screaming children can lower the temperature.

I never understood why human sacrifice is generally a child or young woman. Why not sacrifice an aged person? At least that way they (at least feel like they) achieved something in their life.
I mean... That's what makes it a sacrifice. If you just shove an old dude into the volcano, what's the sacrifice? A couple years of life, *maybe*, before he was gonna die anyway? When it's a kid, you're giving the gods their entire life, and a young womans life *and* any kids she might have borne (which is Important in a tribal, pre-modern-medicine society) It's an actual sacrifice of something important to the tribe (and obviously to the person being sacrificed :v) and so be a worthy tribute to the gods and get them to listen to your whiny ass.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 09:30:27 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123186 on: June 14, 2017, 09:41:19 pm »

Probably pretty bad, as I'd go into a rage and kill everything left if all the cute small creatures were gone.
All rat-lovers going into rages and getting put down doesn't really scare me either.

Mostly worried about the repercussions resulting from the death of plankton, and most fish. (And consequently sharks, seals, whales, and oxygen)

Would be sad for the death of small cats though.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123187 on: June 15, 2017, 01:44:13 am »

Person came to my register today and paid for $10 worth of items with 6 separate credit cards, having me put $1.67 on 5 cards and the remaining on the last.  The whole time (while the line was backing up) she was talking about how smart she was because she's cheating the system and raising her credit score 6 times as fast as normal and claimed she had 6 MORE cards she didn't use.

I was too busy trying to keep my register from choking on that mess to do more than smile and nod, but doesn't having a dozen credit cards REDUCE your credit score far more than you raise it by making a large number of insignificant purchases on each?

EDIT:
Would be quite bad. As ferrets and small lizards are adorable.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 01:49:20 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123188 on: June 15, 2017, 02:01:06 am »

No, Absurdly, having multiple lines of credit that you pay off each month DOES INDEED build your credit.

Then there are people like me who have a positive bank acct in the many thousands of dollars, who refuse to use a single credit card, and have baseline credit scores that are neither great nor bad.

I find it perverse that the system rewards people like the woman in your checkout line, but the credit score is a measure of how much a creditor thinks you are good on repaying your debts, and the more history they have to show you paying off your debts, the safer they feel lending you money.  That means people with rolls of credit card debt that race down the drive and around the corner when they open the envelope are the ones most rewarded. 

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #123189 on: June 15, 2017, 02:02:31 am »

Person came to my register today and paid for $10 worth of items with 6 separate credit cards, having me put $1.67 on 5 cards and the remaining on the last.  The whole time (while the line was backing up) she was talking about how smart she was because she's cheating the system and raising her credit score 6 times as fast as normal and claimed she had 6 MORE cards she didn't use.

I was too busy trying to keep my register from choking on that mess to do more than smile and nod, but doesn't having a dozen credit cards REDUCE your credit score far more than you raise it by making a large number of insignificant purchases on each?
The general rule for credit score is paying bills makes it go up, failing to pay bills makes it go down.  Accruing huge credit card bills is a great way to gain a credit score quickly, as long as you always pay them off on time like clockwork.  But credit card bills get paid in one lump at the end of the month anyway.  She might as well just cycle through each card, as long as she buys at least 6 things every month its the same effect.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123190 on: June 15, 2017, 02:05:43 am »

She could also be getting more cashback rewards, and other silliness this way.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123191 on: June 15, 2017, 02:12:00 am »

So basically it sounds like credit cards are madness and a person's credit score is so laughably easy to game (if you are willing to inconvenience others) that it's a pointless metric.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #123192 on: June 15, 2017, 02:20:27 am »

Well no, she didn't need to inconvenience you.  A bunch of tiny transactions doesn't do anything to build your credit score, what matters is the bills at the end of the month.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #123193 on: June 15, 2017, 03:10:13 am »

So basically shes just an idiot.

Meanwhile ive been putting off paying my doctors bills because i didnt have any income to pay them with. Im literally the worst.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #123194 on: June 15, 2017, 03:12:14 am »

I'm unsure if you're using that 'the worst' correct o_O...because that's a very reasonable situation.
You can also try calling/communicating that to your doc :O In the least, over here, we have other methods of payment [like if not in cash, in other tradeable goods, like produce or otherwise, but that's of course context-wise]

Also as an aside, how does that credit system work? The one mentioned by Greiger ._.
Pages: 1 ... 8211 8212 [8213] 8214 8215 ... 10983