Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8224 8225 [8226] 8227 8228 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13175860 times)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #123375 on: June 18, 2017, 09:23:30 pm »

Perhaps get another cat at some later date if it becomes too clingy

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #123376 on: June 18, 2017, 09:41:11 pm »

I've always had bad territoriality issues with two cats.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123377 on: June 18, 2017, 09:46:20 pm »

You already have cats or you've just had the experience elsewhere?

If you do get another cat, get one while the other is still a kitten, that way they'll get to know each other and grow up together. It's possible for two adult cats to like each other, but it can be difficult to predict. The most obvious problems would arise with two males, but it's still possible that two males could get along.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #123378 on: June 18, 2017, 09:47:45 pm »

My family's always had cats. Having more than one at a time never seemed to work out.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #123379 on: June 18, 2017, 10:40:55 pm »

Blood relation seems to be most of the trick, in my experience. Bringing in siblings or mother/child(ren) pairs/trios/whatever, once they're old enough you can see whether they mostly get along a'ight, usually works out pretty well. Getting them fixed also tends to help a helluva' lot. Usually mellows most sorts of pets to some degree, cats definitely included.

Had the best luck with sisters, generally, or mother/daughter pairs or trios. Litter mates, or not, but with the same parent. Off and on male/others, but those can occasionally be dicey if they're not neutered fairly quickly... sometimes even with that, but it's usually a fair bit less likely. Unrelated but young can work out, too. Had a couple rescued kittens weaned on a nursing mother that ended up house cats with something left over from the adopted litter... think one or two bottle fed ones that, even if not nursed, grew up around other young ones and ended up fairly friendly with each other.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 10:43:52 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123380 on: June 19, 2017, 01:38:24 am »

Had the best luck with sisters, generally, or mother/daughter pairs or trios.

My WTf: I jumped into the thread just now and read the start of the bottom-most paragraph first. I almost did a spit-take, wondering what context you had the "best luck" with sisters and/or mother/daughter pairs.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123381 on: June 19, 2017, 01:41:05 am »

My current cats are a male/female sibling pair and they get along fine. They're frequently seen sleeping together on chairs or next to me on my bed. I love it. :3
Black lives matter.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #123382 on: June 19, 2017, 02:19:44 am »

I've got six of them. They're all related. Three are sisters from one nest, and the other three are nieces to the sisters from 3 litters I had before all my cats were sterilized (that really was a 5 year plan, darn expensive). They don't always get along 100%, they're jealous attention-whores when it comes to getting cuddled.
But they never harm each other. Sometimes they do have a little brawl, but they don't use their nails on each other. Never seen a scratch. Just establishing their pick order every once in a while. Nothing to worry about, that's just how cats roll. They cuddle up against each other again 15 min later and all is forgotten.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #123383 on: June 19, 2017, 02:36:55 am »

My aunt from across the state brought me a kitten. After sleeping on me for a few hours, she got up, hopped up on the desk, and then jumped off it because she was starting to pee. This caused her to splash my expensive gaming keyboard. Fortunately, this only got on the keycaps (judging by the fact that the smell went away once I removed them), and thus did no permanent harm. I should probably have waited until next month to have her bring the cat, because she's just a little bit too young at the moment.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123384 on: June 19, 2017, 02:52:01 am »

I've got six of them.
I'm fucking moving in.
Black lives matter.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123385 on: June 19, 2017, 04:05:37 am »

I have two. I already get called the scary cat guy by some of my family members, even though I staunchly refuse to get more than two.  I don't think I could handle being mugged by 6 of them when I try to sleep at night. The two I have already get in little snits over who gets to cuddle on me when I sleep as it is.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #123386 on: June 19, 2017, 04:07:56 am »

One under the blanket on my chest, who will absolutely refuse to let me go to sleep without allowing it there, one on top of the blanket at my feet, the rest are night critters and tend to be outside at night, except when it's too cold in winter.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #123387 on: June 19, 2017, 08:41:21 am »

And in today's round of radio trivia question, "What was the average weight of medieval armor?"

See if you can spot the WTF.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123388 on: June 19, 2017, 08:49:32 am »

I can! They spelled armour wrong. :P   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123389 on: June 19, 2017, 09:26:38 am »

They didn't specify units, and the weight units were poorly standardized.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 8224 8225 [8226] 8227 8228 ... 10983