Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8303 8304 [8305] 8306 8307 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13199280 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #124560 on: July 24, 2017, 08:58:11 am »

1 is someone on the edge of 3.
One wheel short of a wagon

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #124561 on: July 24, 2017, 09:04:49 am »

(Also it's been five freaking years since I signed up for this, how the hell that happen?)

I've recently turned 8 forum years old. Eleven more and I will have spent half my life on bay12.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #124562 on: July 24, 2017, 09:12:43 am »

There tends to be four kinds of people who get banned.
Lovable rogues who bend the rules once too often.
Decent folks who go over the edge on a subject that got them worked up.
Shitposters (trolls, racists, other kinds of less friendly folks)
Them Folks with no redeeming qualities includes spambots, scammers etc. Rarely mentioned by name.

I accept that criteria. It means that somewhere, there is a topic that will get Decent People banned. All one has to do is find it.

It's like Sanderson's Epic arrangement, only the ones with the weakness are the good guys :D
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #124563 on: July 24, 2017, 09:40:12 am »

Questioning  people's way of bringing up their children is a thing that tends to send reasonable people into a rage post fit, so much to the point that even undirected criticism can do it.
Love, scriver~

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124564 on: July 24, 2017, 09:41:48 am »

"Not beating your child twice a day is bad for their discipline. They must obey!"
?
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124565 on: July 24, 2017, 09:57:47 am »

You're not even supposed to mention the name. It's like he-who-must-not-be-named of Harry Potter universe.

But yes, that 'napoleon complex internet empire' guy was just nuts.

Also, that was two years ago? Feels more like three or more years ago.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #124566 on: July 24, 2017, 10:15:12 am »

Sweet bloody fuck.

Family mentioned wanting some help cleaning out a fridge a former renter had left behind. Spoke like it was a matter of just shifting the thing around, taking a water hose and some bleach to it. Bit of effort but no trouble save for florida heat. When asked, mentioned they hadn't looked inside it yet, but still, talked like it wasn't that big of a deal.

I just went and looked inside of it. God. Fucking. Damn.

I'm pretty sure that is actually the most disgusting thing I have ever seen in person, and there has been some nasty shit encountered in my lifetime. There are bags of something I didn't keep the door open long enough to identify in there. Basically the walls, the door, every available surface inside that fucking thing is covered in maggots and maggot gunk. The inside of that fucking fridge is brown and moving. I'm not going to talk about the smell. I opened that thing, looked for about three seconds and then noped the fuck out, and despite that from the smell alone I'm pretty sure the safest thing to do with that fridge is set it on fire right where it stands.

Bloody goddamn hell. It would appear some monumental fucking idiot decided it was a good idea to stick a fridge still full of shit outside in florida weather, for, like, goddamn weeks. I'm literally wondering if I need to call the CDC or something right now, because holy shit that is a biohazard like goddamn.

No, family member, I love you and I owe you a lot and you're family but fuck this with a cactus. I'll get on that just as soon as we can recruit someone more experienced with cleaning than either of us to help with this thing. Preferably they have medical training of some sort, too. Something clear on how to handle hazardous waste disposal. Because that shit ain't at the level of just cleaning out a bloody fridge.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #124567 on: July 24, 2017, 10:19:17 am »

Sweet bloody fuck.

Family mentioned wanting some help cleaning out a fridge a former renter had left behind. Spoke like it was a matter of just shifting the thing around, taking a water hose and some bleach to it. Bit of effort but no trouble save for florida heat. When asked, mentioned they hadn't looked inside it yet, but still, talked like it wasn't that big of a deal.

I just went and looked inside of it. God. Fucking. Damn.

I'm pretty sure that is actually the most disgusting thing I have ever seen in person, and there has been some nasty shit encountered in my lifetime. There are bags of something I didn't keep the door open long enough to identify in there. Basically the walls, the door, every available surface inside that fucking thing is covered in maggots and maggot gunk. The inside of that fucking fridge is brown and moving. I'm not going to talk about the smell. I opened that thing, looked for about three seconds and then noped the fuck out, and despite that from the smell alone I'm pretty sure the safest thing to do with that fridge is set it on fire right where it stands.

Bloody goddamn hell. It would appear some monumental fucking idiot decided it was a good idea to stick a fridge still full of shit outside in florida weather, for, like, goddamn weeks. I'm literally wondering if I need to call the CDC or something right now, because holy shit that is a biohazard like goddamn.

No, family member, I love you and I owe you a lot and you're family but fuck this with a cactus. I'll get on that just as soon as we can recruit someone more experienced with cleaning than either of us to help with this thing. Preferably they have medical training of some sort, too. Something clear on how to handle hazardous waste disposal. Because that shit ain't at the level of just cleaning out a bloody fridge.
Oh god.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124568 on: July 24, 2017, 10:25:24 am »

I think the safest thing would be to buy a new fridge...

I mean, would you honestly use that thing even after a thorough cleaning? Then you probably shouldn't make a renter, heh.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124569 on: July 24, 2017, 10:25:44 am »

That fridge is KIA. The maggots probably got in through a breach somewhere (or someone let a fly in) which probably means it will never function as intended ever again.

Flamethrower or something recommended.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #124570 on: July 24, 2017, 10:36:51 am »

It's hard to think of an agreeable cleaning method that does not involve completely ruining the fridge. A high-powered hose might do something, as might a "sky burial" if there are a lot of birds on hand.

I mean, cleaning a little guano off something is nothing to worry about, but for both the above options, you'd need some space nobody was going to want to be in for a while.
One wheel short of a wagon

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #124571 on: July 24, 2017, 10:49:22 am »

I mean, yeah, if it were up to me I would, indeed, clear out the surroundings of that thing (it's sitting on concrete, so it's somewhat less of a concern) and straight up set it the fuck on fire.

The fridge itself wasn't even working beforehand, though. Motor had crapped out in it or somethin', the house owner just doesn't want to throw out a fridge that's less than a year old and might (have, anyway... less sure, now) been fixable. Cleaning wise, a great deal of water and a gallon or five of bleach would manage it eventually... probably. Maybe. It's worked on stuff of comparable if not nearly as extreme nature. Fire would be much faster. Just giving up on it probably faster again.

Though apparently either whoever had oversight on it then thought it reasonable to not empty the thing out after it stopped working, or someone had the amazing idea of putting anything biological in there at some point after that.

Which is a whole other wtf in itself. I can understand being somewhat unskilled at home maintenance but this is way beyond "somewhat unskilled".

I think the safest thing would be to buy a new fridge...

I mean, would you honestly use that thing even after a thorough cleaning? Then you probably shouldn't make a renter, heh.
What they don't know can only poison them and their loved ones can't hurt them. Also while I wouldn't try to use it, the people calling the ultimate shots on the thing are elderly, stubborn, and increasingly prone to hoarding behavior and a certain disregard for health and safety basics. They would try to use it again. Bloody goddamn hell, they would try to use it again.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #124572 on: July 24, 2017, 12:24:47 pm »

So.... is this the local chapter of the Esoteric Order of Dagon?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124573 on: July 24, 2017, 12:36:13 pm »

RE: refrig: Kill it with fire is the way to go. There might even be health codes involved that require its destruction by fire. Honestly, I thought it was bad when my stepdad made a can of ravioli a few weeks ago. Last I checked it's still in the pot.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #124574 on: July 24, 2017, 01:13:58 pm »

Just be careful setting fridges on fire. Depending on the cooling liquid used, it's either going to do nothing spectacular, give of noxious fumes, or explode. Remeber that fire in the London highrise appartment that started with the cooling liquid of a fridge exploding?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 8303 8304 [8305] 8306 8307 ... 10984