Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8305 8306 [8307] 8308 8309 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13003317 times)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #124590 on: July 24, 2017, 04:24:49 pm »

If you HAVE to burn it, I would suggest drilling holes in it (at places where the coolant is if you can find out/already know, in random areas if not) and collecting the coolant in buckets, because I can't imagine that stuff does good in the ground/water (because rain)
Oorrrr... you could just have someone who knows how to handle the stuff deal with it.

But that's not as !!Fun!!

I'm confused at just how Origin is so awful, and I test terrible software for a living.
The games don't run, which seems to be a bit of a downside on a, you know, game platform.

Simple, EA tried to be Steam, same problem Microsoft has had twice now, once with that one thing for Vista, and Once with the windows store thing, there can only be one Steam and companies don't seem to get it

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124591 on: July 24, 2017, 04:33:17 pm »

I'm confused at just how Origin is so awful, and I test terrible software for a living.
The games don't run, which seems to be a bit of a downside on a, you know, game platform.

Simple, EA tried to be Steam, same problem Microsoft has had twice now, once with that one thing for Vista, and Once with the windows store thing, there can only be one Steam and companies don't seem to get it

Probably helps that Valve didn't even try to be exclusive to their own products, which is what EA and Microsoft did.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 04:38:40 pm by smjjames »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124592 on: July 24, 2017, 05:03:10 pm »

The stupidity of fellow human beings just boggles the mind sometimes. Was on my way to the post office earlier today and what did I see going around a corner?

Some idiot riding his bike. In the middle of the road. Going the wrong way.

Just...are you trying to get hit by a car? Do you want to die?! If I had come along maybe 30 seconds later we would have gone around the corner at the same time and then I'd probably have one hell of an insurance claim to make. As it was, I had plenty of time to see him and there was no on-coming traffic so I was able to switch lanes around the jackass, honking and giving the stink-eye as I went.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124593 on: July 24, 2017, 05:15:30 pm »

Probably helps that Valve didn't even try to be exclusive to their own products, which is what EA and Microsoft did.

Origin had billing problems too. They "Lost" my wife's copy of Sims 3. It suddenly decided that she hadn't paid for it and couldn't play. They tried to make her pay for it again.

EA is P much the worst.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #124594 on: July 24, 2017, 05:31:36 pm »

The stupidity of fellow human beings just boggles the mind sometimes. Was on my way to the post office earlier today and what did I see going around a corner?

Some idiot riding his bike. In the middle of the road. Going the wrong way.

Just...are you trying to get hit by a car? Do you want to die?! If I had come along maybe 30 seconds later we would have gone around the corner at the same time and then I'd probably have one hell of an insurance claim to make. As it was, I had plenty of time to see him and there was no on-coming traffic so I was able to switch lanes around the jackass, honking and giving the stink-eye as I went.

The number of people that don't understand that (generally speaking, Your Laws May Vary) bikes = cars is astounding. This lack of understanding is equally common among car drivers and cyclists, and the car has a signifigant advantage in any collision. Thus, I can understand why so many cyclists prefer to go against traffic on the side of the road to keep from getting plowed over by some idiot who thinks the bike shouldn't be there. In the middle of the street? No excuse.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #124595 on: July 24, 2017, 05:35:05 pm »

Cyclists are terrifying.  They follow neither the gods, nor the rules of law.  They decide arbitrarily at any given moment whether they are a car or a pedestrian.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #124596 on: July 24, 2017, 05:46:54 pm »

To the Black or the White, equally is the Grey terrifying.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124597 on: July 24, 2017, 05:52:02 pm »

As a general rule, no matter whether you are on a bike or in a car, driving against the traffic is a BAD idea...

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124598 on: July 24, 2017, 05:53:12 pm »

To the Black or the White, equally is the Grey terrifying.

I don't care what color the car is they all mess up bikes the same.

How silly.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124599 on: July 24, 2017, 05:55:31 pm »

This place is the closest thread that IK of for this: If you heat up wood to the point it would ignite, in a vacuum, does the wood melt? since in a vacuum, there is no oxygen, and fire can't start without oxygen.... so what would happen?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124600 on: July 24, 2017, 05:58:42 pm »

This place is the closest thread that IK of for this: If you heat up wood to the point it would ignite, in a vacuum, does the wood melt? since in a vacuum, there is no oxygen, and fire can't start without oxygen.... so what would happen?

Google knows.

>>In theory, could I melt wood in a vacuum?<<

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #124601 on: July 24, 2017, 06:04:57 pm »

As a general rule, no matter whether you are on a bike or in a car, driving against the traffic is a BAD idea...
It wasn't until my late teens that I found out the legal direction for a cyclist to be biking was with the traffic. And it took a while to sink in, because the concept of being on a bike and not being able to see the cars moving toward you was effectively suicidal to me. Like, there's mirrors I guess but the ergonomics involved in your average bicycle are not conducive to those things being maximally trivial to look into.

Incidentally, though there's not many bikers in my area, I've definitely found that the ones going against traffic (on the side or just off from the road) are notably less likely to weave into a car lane or something representative of an equal lack of survival instinct. Apparently being able to easily see the nearest approaching vehicle makes you more careful about where your wheels are going or somethin' :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #124602 on: July 24, 2017, 06:47:59 pm »

http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-microsoft-paint-20170724-story.html

Come on Microsoft....

Your appeal has always been cross platform, cross version universality. I know Paint, hasn't been the best program on features, but it was reliable basically no matter what. This isn't internet explorer, which everybody made fun of. This is tried and true Paint. It costs nothing for you to maintain, uses practically no resources and is incredibly utilitarian. You can always copy and paste plop screenshots into paint, work, home, school, doesn't matter.

Why? What does Paint hurt? What does anyone gain by killing it? Just keep it around.

I know you're changing everything else, but why change Paint? If people want better programs, they exist, paint is the standard standby. Geeze, there is value in that.

I hope people start a "Save Paint" campaign or something. I don't know that they would though.

There goes half of the web comics online, or at least how they started out. Same with forum game images, and my avatar is still dead.... Changes.... [sigh]
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 07:03:27 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124603 on: July 24, 2017, 07:07:40 pm »

What are they replacing it with?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124604 on: July 24, 2017, 07:17:18 pm »

What are they replacing it with?

Paint3D apparently, which allows people to create 3D objects and also print out 3D stuff, and with better tools.
Pages: 1 ... 8305 8306 [8307] 8308 8309 ... 10974