Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8315 8316 [8317] 8318 8319 ... 10979

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13119295 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #124740 on: July 27, 2017, 11:19:53 pm »

Man ever had someone you written off because they disappointed you immensely and you learned they weren't a very good person?

Only for them to BY SHEER COINCIDENCE!!! one up themselves in not being a very good person so much so that you just randomly find out about it?

I swear... I SWEAR I am soo done with Anita Sarceesian... But she is like a gnat and every time I feel like I can drop my guard and live my life without hearing about her doing anything... BOOM!

I know that outside visiting the UN she has had little-no relevancy... and yet she has managed to still force her way into my radar.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 11:21:45 pm by Neonivek »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124741 on: July 27, 2017, 11:30:09 pm »

Who's Anita Sarceesian? Edit: Oh wait, is she part of the whole gamergate thing? and did she do something terrible at the UN?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 11:33:39 pm by smjjames »

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124742 on: July 28, 2017, 12:11:32 am »

She was a walking parody of 'Tumblrina' culture, known most for complaining about the existence of the damsel in distress trope in video games. She spoke at the UN, it's not very long so I leave you to judge for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3m-bcaCVbM
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124743 on: July 28, 2017, 02:16:33 am »

[offtopic first world problems]  Snapped another headset this one was supposed to be quality.  I think this time I'm going to skip the whole mess of duct taping and gluing it back together that never works, and just go straight to ordering a new one.  This one was supposed to be durable though and it only lasted a year.   How the hell do I go through pc headsets so quickly?  I basically break these things once per year.  Is my head too big?  Too small? misshapen?  Why do I always break the damn things? 

;_; this pair was really comfy too, I loved them.[/offtopic first world problems]
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #124744 on: July 28, 2017, 02:30:08 am »

Headsets aren't really designed to last more than a year.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124745 on: July 28, 2017, 02:41:22 am »

Huh.  I guess I never really thought of how long they are SUPPOSED to last.  Maybe I was just spoiled by my other gaming peripherals. a 13 year old flight yolk, a 10 year old gamepad, a $5 keyboard that has lasted since windows XP.  All still work. Worst damage is that the flight yolk's POV hat had to be glued back on once(never came off since), and I intentionally removed the keyboard's caps lock key and then lost it (good riddance).

But headsets seemingly made of the same materiel just seem so.... cheap in comparison.  I guess they take more punishment.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124746 on: July 28, 2017, 02:45:27 am »

... I have a headset rattling around in the back of my car that has been riding back there with a heap of computer junk for nearly 3 years now. I will bet it still works just fine...

More than likely, the reason your headsets keep breaking is because of the curved nature of the plastic.  Curved surfaces strongly resist being deformed, by diverting that force inward into the material. (A curved wall can support more weight than a straight one for this reason.) However, this causes small fractures to form in the plastic over time, which then get all the force focused on them, because they are the path of least resistance. Eventually, this causes a major material failure, and CRACK-- pop goes the headset.

Retailers dont want to go the extra mile and make certain parts of the headset out of other materials, like say, steel sheeting. This is for a number of reasons, but cost is the driving one.  That you need to constantly buy new headsets because of breakage is a BONUS for them, not a problem.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124747 on: July 28, 2017, 02:47:07 am »

She was a walking parody of 'Tumblrina' culture

And more recently she snapped at a guy for literally just sitting in her audience and is a VERY minor critic of her work...

Then painted it as him sitting in her audience as a way to pressure and intimidate her.

Anita wasn't even the worst person there, that person is practically a super villain and COMPLETELY eclipsed Anita's tirade, but that is another topic... Can I just get her out of my live and into total obscurity? She can't even handle being AROUND people who don't agree with her.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 03:31:37 am by Neonivek »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #124748 on: July 28, 2017, 03:54:24 am »

Headsets aren't really designed to last more than a year.
My (cheap model) Sennheiser lasted 12 years.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #124749 on: July 28, 2017, 05:17:39 am »

I mean, neo, I never even heard of this event and I am kinda plugged in to this kind of culture. Not sure why you seem to think it's impossible to avoid.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #124750 on: July 28, 2017, 07:40:05 am »

Re: first world problems

Why not just use earbuds
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #124751 on: July 28, 2017, 08:42:11 am »

Last time I used ear buds I got flowers rooting in my canal.
Love, scriver~

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #124752 on: July 28, 2017, 09:59:45 am »

Earbuds are extremely uncomfortable, and gross.

I just buy $5 headphones from walmart because im poor and $5 every few months is still cheaper than a $70 product that falls apart in a year or so.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #124753 on: July 28, 2017, 10:00:43 am »

jeez at that point why not just use a drinking straw
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #124754 on: July 28, 2017, 10:12:43 am »

I just buy $5 headphones from walmart because im poor and $5 every few months is still cheaper than a $70 product that falls apart in a year or so.

Get something like the HyperX Cloud, not the Cloud Pro, the plain old Cloud. Lots of metal, and the best sound quality I have ever experienced for less than $80.

My set have lasted for several years now, and previous headphones all died from cord failure in less than a year.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS
Pages: 1 ... 8315 8316 [8317] 8318 8319 ... 10979