Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8318 8319 [8320] 8321 8322 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12997139 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #124785 on: July 29, 2017, 04:46:43 pm »

Went to the restroom and when i came back my computer had evidently crashed and attempted to reboot. It was displaying a "no bootable device" message. All i was doing was browsing the internet and downloading skyrim through steam ;_;
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124786 on: July 29, 2017, 04:53:23 pm »

But there are people who will go over how you sit and say your a bad person because you lean back too much, you fold your arms, or you spread your legs (at all). Some of these which can get you kicked out of places or arrested!

Wtf are you talking about?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124787 on: July 29, 2017, 04:55:07 pm »

But there are people who will go over how you sit and say your a bad person because you lean back too much, you fold your arms, or you spread your legs (at all). Some of these which can get you kicked out of places or arrested!

+1
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124788 on: July 29, 2017, 05:15:11 pm »

+1
I think it has something to do with either microagressions or manspreading.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124789 on: July 29, 2017, 05:32:00 pm »

Well I wasn't JUST talking about Manspreading, it was just an example among many. Though GOODNESS is this stupidity spreading (pun unintended)

Though Manspreading is illegal in two locations.

So the whole "Lot of crazy" includes a city's government (Yeah when I thought it was just a few stupid idiots I was fine ignoring it... But it is now law... well bylaw). Which I don't QUITE understand the "Just ignore it! it isn't like they can actually do anything" especially since where I live they fire bombed shops (and won).

Soooooo... "harmless" is a statement that needs to be proven I think. (This is SERIOUSLY the Hells Angels Effect)

---

But nah I am just incredulous at how offended people are... by the way you sit or stand. (outside I guess flashing or something)

As if you are somehow affecting people in some sort of deep way O_o

---

I am going to start using the term I invented: The Hells Angel Effect!

It is when a group has a reputation for being harmless or relatively harmless to the point where their capacity to actually get stuff done needs to be reproved... No matter what actually happens.

The Hells Angels whenever they are sent to court have to be reproved to be organized crime in spite of the fact that their status is organized crime because of their reputation of a Biker Gang.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 05:49:21 pm by Neonivek »

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124790 on: July 29, 2017, 05:49:52 pm »

Where?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124791 on: July 29, 2017, 05:50:54 pm »

Where?

One is New York. The second I'd have to look up again...

To be honest though... If I HAD to guess is that they capitulated to the SJW scare and make it illegal to "Keep your legs spread and blocking other seats when others ask for it" (So you cannot block a seat after someone asks for it) rather than other definition. So a much more fair law then what was proposed...

Though it is still bananers since I think there was ALREADY a law about taking up extra seats.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 05:52:27 pm by Neonivek »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124792 on: July 29, 2017, 05:52:22 pm »

Where?

I know Madrid in Spain did that not long ago, don't know what the other location is.

Where?

One is New York. The second I'd have to look up again...

To be honest though... If I HAD to guess is that they capitulated to the SJW scare and make it illegal to "Keep your legs spread and blocking other seats when others ask for it"

New York? lol. Though I suppose in such a crowded environment, you try to minimize social conflict.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124793 on: July 29, 2017, 05:54:42 pm »

It was probably the only way to get people to stop taking pictures of people's crotches all the time :P

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124794 on: July 29, 2017, 05:57:22 pm »

You need to learn to give more information, dude. Like a name for what or where you're talking about. "A city" what city? Where? What law is it, name it? How do we know this thing even exists, or says what you say it says? A better example is when you talk about "a show" and it's like pulling teeth to get you to name it; how are people supposed to respond in any constructive way if they have no context for what you're talking about? You describe something (rather poorly I might add) and offer nobody any way to know if they've seen what show you're talking about, or what game, so that they can think of a specific instance of the event or trope or whatever, and better understand. Not to mention you could be wrong about it, mischaracterizing it either intentionally or through misunderstanding it, and without knowing what context you're working from, people just ignore you.

That's just the tip of the iceberg of the problems with how you interact with the board. The times you've flip-flopped in a discussion, acting as if you've always been saying (x) when people can directly quote you saying (y), and you'll just insist with no explanation of how, that it actually means (x) When you'll just post with no context or previous indications of what you're talking about, but the post itself will read like the third or fourth in a discussion, missing key information and not giving any discussion point to work with. The innumerable times that you'll say something sarcastically, only with no indication that it's sarcasm and it's something either reasonable or, if not reasonable, at least something a sizeable group of people might actually say. And yet we're supposed to intuitively know that it's sarcastic.

I swear that you've gotten worse on all that in the last little while, too.

that was cathartic to write
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124795 on: July 29, 2017, 06:00:16 pm »

when people can directly quote you saying [y], and you'll just insist with no explanation of how, that it actually means

You mean that time someone quoted me and said "See! You did say that" when there was a clear space in there? Yeah I remember that...

I did say "Yeah, no contradiction there" instead of "Notice how these phrases are separated?"

You need to learn to give more information, dude. Like a name for what or where you're talking about. "A city" what city? Where? What law is it, name it? How do we know this thing even exists, or says what you say it says? A better example is when you talk about "a show" and it's like pulling teeth to get you to name it; how are people supposed to respond in any constructive way if they have no context for what you're talking about? You describe something (rather poorly I might add) and offer nobody any way to know if they've seen what show you're talking about, or what game, so that they can think of a specific instance of the event or trope or whatever, and better understand. Not to mention you could be wrong about it, mischaracterizing it either intentionally or through misunderstanding it, and without knowing what context you're working from, people just ignore you.

Because the EXACT thing I am talking about isn't what is important... it is just fluff.

"I went to the store for something and was Punched by the store clerk... it hurt"

Instead of "I went to WALLMART for QUAKEROAKS CEREAL and was punched by DAVID SIMMONS THE STORE CLERK... it BRUISED MY LEFT TIBIA"

The exact SPECIFIC ways in which people police the way people stand or sit isn't what was important to me. It was the incredulity that someone would do it.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 06:04:53 pm by Neonivek »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124796 on: July 29, 2017, 06:02:06 pm »

Probably, yes. That falls under the "no explanation of how" umbrella, since all you said at the time was "I don't see a contradiction."

I don't remember the exact wording. I don't think a space between the two phrases would make such a drastic difference in meaning.

And no, that's not the same thing. It's not fluff like where exactly you got punched (though knowing that cashiers at walmart might randomly punch you is fairly important). I don't know how to explain that "this show does this thing that I'm going to describe poorly," "what show, I've never heard of this?" "Doesn't matter what show, just respond to the thing I said!" is unacceptable. Especially if it's something that only happens in that show or that city, knowing the one place we can find an example of whatever you're talking about is rather central to the context
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 06:07:55 pm by Descan »
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124797 on: July 29, 2017, 06:07:23 pm »

Might have to do with the more hostility I am met with the less I actually want to fill you into the specifics.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124798 on: July 29, 2017, 06:11:15 pm »

Might have to do with the more hostility I am met with the less I actually want to fill you into the specifics.
So it's stubborn pride coupled with not caring to have a discussion on a, you know, discussion board?

You're met with hostility *for not giving enough context*, that people can feel that they know what the fuck you're talking about and feel confident responding, that you're not just going to turn around and say "pfft that's not what I'm talking about, what?" And your response to that is... To start giving even less context, more often?

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #124799 on: July 29, 2017, 07:23:23 pm »

Neo, dude, it's gotten hostile because asking politely didn't work either.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway
Pages: 1 ... 8318 8319 [8320] 8321 8322 ... 10973