Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8335 8336 [8337] 8338 8339 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13164718 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #125040 on: August 06, 2017, 03:07:24 pm »

I'd say "Come to California and avoid humidity!", but it's been an oddly humid heat wave this past week O_o

I don't like it either.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #125041 on: August 06, 2017, 04:08:57 pm »

Today is barely half over and its been a ride the whole time. Earlier this morning the sprinkler/irrigation system was running, nobody knows if it was even supposed to be running or even how to turn it off, and it was flooding one rock bed and overflowing into our driveway. Elsewhere it was struggling to run at all it seemed, but at that one point it was just flooding everything.

And it looked like someone had opened the control box for it, which is situated on the ground nearby. A couple wires are cut/frayed and i have no idea what tbe display even means or how to operate it. But i found the box part way open as soon as i got out of my car and just closed it because of course if some kid running through the rocks tripped and cracked their head wed get sued and id get fired since i was on camera looking right at it, you know, obligated to fix it before something goes wrong. I didnt notice any damaged wires until later when i noticed the flooding.

And then apparently some kids turned on the little rock fountain outside. I tested it once when i noticed the flooding but turned it off, couple hours later im getting ice and its running again, and covered in stones from the surrounding garden like someone placed them intentionally. No idea.

And people cant fucking seem to comprehend the concept of garbage cans and ash trays. Jesus fucking christ i have to come out and pick up garbage and cigarette butts every other day because people cant do this simple task. How does ash tray work!? How!?!?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125042 on: August 06, 2017, 05:05:11 pm »

May replacement debit card arrived a few days ago, as my current one is set to expire at the end of this month, and I've been meaning to activate it. Except I can't figure out how exactly. The card number itself already appears on my card account without me doing anything, but the only instructions I see are to create a new account with the card. Not sure if my money is going to go over automatically or not, and the website's help information is rather sparse.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #125043 on: August 06, 2017, 05:05:33 pm »

And people cant fucking seem to comprehend the concept of garbage cans and ash trays. Jesus fucking christ i have to come out and pick up garbage and cigarette butts every other day because people cant do this simple task. How does ash tray work!? How!?!?
Be creative, make a nice looking sign with a pictogram that shows a trash can with a green checkmark through it, and a pictogram with a heap of trash and buzzing flies with a big red 'X' through it, on some cheap white wood, with waterproof markers.

I did that last month, and so far it has worked excellent in stopping the ongoing dumping of trash and litter in my street. People had been dumping everything from carpets and matresses to paint and car batteries out by the tree near my front door for a few months. Half the street was complaining about it, yet no one seemed to be able to catch anyone in the act. Finally made me decide to put on my old creative hat and do some handiwork, screwed the homemade sign to the littered tree, and it has worked wonders. Not a single piece of trash to be seen anymore, instead of new mess twice a week. I guess someone got the message.

If you don't live in an immigrant neighborhood, you could use text I guess. Over in my neighborhood there's a lot of people who do not speak Dutch, so I went with pictograms just to be sure. I seem to recall that pictograms are more effecitve at manipulating social behaviour than written text is anyways.

I doubt it works for cigarette butts, or random small litter. It could help you with the garbage though.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 05:08:03 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #125044 on: August 06, 2017, 05:12:24 pm »

The attempts to break into my Microsoft and Minecraft accounts seem to have ceased. Now, I am getting reports that my Origin account has been disabled because of a hacking attempt.  As before, there is nothing much to be done as the security has held. I'm just glad that my email password is forty-two characters, most of them (almost)untypable.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #125045 on: August 06, 2017, 06:43:55 pm »

With that information, you have significantly lowered its efficiency.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #125046 on: August 06, 2017, 06:47:56 pm »

That assumes that I am telling the literal truth, instead of an approximation.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125047 on: August 06, 2017, 06:49:55 pm »

I thought maaaybe you meant your passwords are made of expletives that would be untypable on the forum. Kidding of course, I do know what you mean. :)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #125048 on: August 06, 2017, 06:52:56 pm »

May replacement debit card arrived a few days ago, as my current one is set to expire at the end of this month, and I've been meaning to activate it. Except I can't figure out how exactly. The card number itself already appears on my card account without me doing anything, but the only instructions I see are to create a new account with the card. Not sure if my money is going to go over automatically or not, and the website's help information is rather sparse.

Phone yer bank
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125049 on: August 06, 2017, 09:00:06 pm »

tfw check mafia game and you actually posted 5 days ago. the fuck?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #125050 on: August 06, 2017, 09:10:02 pm »

tfw check mafia game and you actually posted 5 days ago. the fuck?
It's still night buddy :P You're okay.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125051 on: August 06, 2017, 10:21:55 pm »

To explain the path to my lolwtf, I was looking at an article about a Japanese artist (not a modern artist, well, the Japanese one isn't), checked out wiki, and apparently tentacle sex in Japanese media is pretty old (wiki page, but the painting itself is NSFW (as if the words 'tentacle sex' didn't clue you in))
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 10:32:47 pm by smjjames »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #125052 on: August 06, 2017, 10:28:32 pm »

... yeah, I'd bet decent money quite a few folks know exactly which painting you're talking about without looking. If it's the one it almost certainly is with the octopus, it's fairly well known.

Actually, now that I check the url, yeah, to no surprise it's the fisherman's wife :P

E: Though, that said, do note that there's not really anything mild about how NSFW that painting is. Notsquid Questionablegender is right up in there.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 10:31:30 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125053 on: August 06, 2017, 10:32:26 pm »

Okay, not-mild then. Also, if anybody is wondering what the first link is, it's just about the artists other famous work, Great Wave (or Under the Wave off Kanagawa).
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 10:38:22 pm by smjjames »

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #125054 on: August 06, 2017, 10:39:49 pm »

So this is kinda just something I thought of that I'm done pondering over in my head. It makes zero sense to me why fans cool you down. I mean think about it, heat comes from the motion of atoms. That's not just an outdated science fact, right? So why would a fan, which just moves air, make you cooler when realistically it's making the air hotter by an incredibly small amount? So why doesn't a fan make you hotter?
Pages: 1 ... 8335 8336 [8337] 8338 8339 ... 10983