Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8367 8368 [8369] 8370 8371 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13198577 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #125520 on: August 17, 2017, 03:42:45 pm »

honestly I just blocked him, it hurts my brain to read his crap because I keep trying to fit it all together, when it's like a thousand piece puzzle and all they give you is three pieces and a bit of lint
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125521 on: August 17, 2017, 03:47:42 pm »

I can write what Descan says anyway I like, because he cant read this. Though I am sure Neonivek is sad because of what Descan said.

Honestly it is probably because I am a hodgepodge and believe in many things instead of getting all my opinions and beliefs from a single source.

Though given how that is unlikely given my upbringing... It is far more likely that I am more hit against extreme versions of both Leftist and Right ideologies and then I am hit against the sides of the cage so it seems like I am all over the place.

That and I change my mind, refine my views, and sometimes flex my views and try out a different thought or methodology.

Though oddly in real life people seems to prescribe me to the opposite ideology of their own.

Except when you ignore what people are saying and post complete non-sequiturs

My statue statement was a direct response to the topic above my post.

My OTHER post was just my WTF for the day...

So I am not sure I like this representation.

Leaving out context so that people will respond

Typically there are two reasons I do this
1) It is a much more general statement. For example I am not thinking of a SPECIFIC "Progressive Pandering" movie, game, tv show, school, or team.
2) I am trying not to get people angry.
3) I don't want to do the heavy burden of needing to research when people call me out on this... which they will do if I talk about anything interesting.

so if I brought up the new Ghost Busters movie as an example of this pandering. Someone would call me out since the movie ITSELF doesn't actually do this and an all women cast doesn't mean Progressive Pandering, and they would be right.

So I'd need to hunt down a few interviews and videos where they really do just that in the movie's PR.

So now people are angry at me AND I have to now hunt down a few things that I can't just punch in google to find out. So a 5 minute post is now a 2-hour google hunt... All for an example that isn't even important whether it is true or not because it was all just a general statement!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 04:02:36 pm by Neonivek »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125522 on: August 17, 2017, 03:58:01 pm »

I can write what Descan says anyway I like, because he cant read this. Though I am sure Neonivek is sad because of what Descan said.

Ah-ha! I have caused your expectations to be defied, as Descan can now read the above!
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125523 on: August 17, 2017, 04:21:40 pm »

Far Cry 3 eats up, afaik, ALL of my CPU...  on the menu screen!
To the point that my fans start running at full blast, and the room heats up...  That doesn't happen with most games.  Damn, I love FC3, but I might as well be playing FC4!

Which is arguably unfair becase FC4 doesn't honestly look much better than FC3.  Just has more options.
I think it also runs the CPUs, but I won't test that, because it requires an absurd amount of hard drive space.

Most of which I'm not using because I'm not using max texture detail, fuckwads!

Edit: 32 GIGS versus 11Gigs for FC3, and I really can't tell the difference at all!!
And then 3.2 Gig for Blood Dragon, which...  I mean...  I can tell the difference in detail, but it kinda has most of the gameplay right there.  And is so much cheaper.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 04:24:17 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125524 on: August 17, 2017, 04:28:18 pm »

Found a very small, very pointy tooth embedded in my bike tire.
The tire is successfully patched.
The tooth is sitting on my display shelf.

What animal is the tooth from? Presumably but hopefully not human?
Some sort of small rodent. I'm not sure which. Looking into it.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125525 on: August 17, 2017, 04:28:44 pm »

What is with the Non-sequitur Rolan7? :P

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125526 on: August 17, 2017, 04:30:28 pm »

And so it goes :P
Translation:  Moving on :P
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #125527 on: August 17, 2017, 04:31:47 pm »

car issue.

got the idea to get a little diagnostic printoff of the codes in the chip.

any clue how to translate serial code for a car with a check engine light on into workable problems i can solve by throwing money at people?
ty all.

computer says I have 'random misfire'.

I am 80% sure it is spark plug and 40% sure a tune up will magic it away

But, with having the mechanical experience of a senile 80 year old and not having driven since i was too young to barhop idk ...

Goodbye paycheck, for a second week in a row, on electronic crap that broke.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 04:35:04 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125528 on: August 17, 2017, 06:13:49 pm »

My stepdad plans to cancel his TV service, and seems to think that doing so will disconnect my internet service(which is a separate account). Actually, it almost sounded like he wants that to happen.

Of course, if that did actually happen, my ISP would be receiving a very angry phone call.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125529 on: August 17, 2017, 06:19:57 pm »

Tell him you can set up some rabbit ears to get your lan.

Analog LAN
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125530 on: August 17, 2017, 06:24:44 pm »

They've forced me to hand over my wifi password to just about everyone, to the point where they don't want me unplugging my router at night(the lights make it hard to sleep). Either they don't really want to sabotage my internet access, or they simply don't consider the consequences of their decisions.

Knowing them, I'd put a shitton of money on the second one.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125531 on: August 17, 2017, 06:27:58 pm »

Why haven't you booted them out yet or live on your own?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125532 on: August 17, 2017, 07:17:33 pm »

Because it is extremely difficult to find a place to live where the rent isn't higher than my monthly income, let alone rent+food+internet.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125533 on: August 17, 2017, 07:20:24 pm »

That's definitely a shitty situation.  But I happen to sleep near my router, and keep a washcloth tucked slightly over it to hide the lights.

Don't want to cover it too much, of course, or it'll overheat.  But the lights are obnoxiously bright, and 5 9's of the time they're unimportant.
She/they

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125534 on: August 17, 2017, 07:20:49 pm »

food is a myth.

The hard part is roommates, if you go that route.

Rent can be managable with roommates, and food can be budgeted for, but good roomies are hard to get.  hard enough.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 8367 8368 [8369] 8370 8371 ... 10984