Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8396 8397 [8398] 8399 8400 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13184175 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #125955 on: August 26, 2017, 08:42:59 pm »

Sent Toady One a PM mentioning that the bug we had problems with before, is back. Linked to Tawas post.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #125956 on: August 26, 2017, 08:47:09 pm »

Seems to have fixed itself/Toady reset the universe.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125957 on: August 26, 2017, 08:47:36 pm »

Oh shit WHAT

I

honestly didn't expect Neo to ever catch a ban. Sure he could be infuriating sometimes, but...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125958 on: August 26, 2017, 08:56:21 pm »

Huh, there were some problems with that a couple months ago that Toady One was trying to figure out.

*looks at his own bar up top* Um, I'm having that problem too. Looks like it's back.
Oh good, I was worried that... somehow... I'd been banned too? 
I think I'm feeling survivor's guilt.  So many interesting posters, sucked up into arguments and banned.  But not me, yet...  I've slipped up a lot in the past, but I guess I got more careful.  And I'm 99% a sad/happy/bizarre drunk instead of angry.

Man, Neo, I'm going to miss you ):  At least I know one way to get in touch elsewhere.  Later.  Tired and conflicted.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #125959 on: August 26, 2017, 08:56:51 pm »

Yeah. I mean, I had my share of deep breathing and nose pinching with him, but I never expected him to get sent up the river. Like a lot of the recent roadkill in A Merry Poll, he just didn't know when to fold 'em.

Oddly, F.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125960 on: August 26, 2017, 09:00:01 pm »

Huh, there were some problems with that a couple months ago that Toady One was trying to figure out.

*looks at his own bar up top* Um, I'm having that problem too. Looks like it's back.
I think I'm feeling survivor's guilt.  So many interesting posters, sucked up into arguments and banned.  But not me, yet...  I've slipped up a lot in the past, but I guess I got more careful.  And I'm 99% a sad/happy/bizarre drunk instead of angry.

Man, Neo, I'm going to miss you ):  At least I know one way to get in touch elsewhere.  Later.  Tired and conflicted.

The thing is that it wasn't just a one time thing or a three strikes thing even, it was lots of things over time.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #125961 on: August 26, 2017, 09:08:06 pm »

I should emphasize for worried people that these things are pretty unusual, and they take an awful lot of effort.  Not just being sucked into an argument, but generally many explicit warnings and a subsequent failure to adjust, to a point where the community is affected if I don't act.  Rolan7 for instance, despite whatever "slip ups" you mention, you literally have no recorded issues.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125962 on: August 26, 2017, 09:15:12 pm »

The thing is that it wasn't just a one time thing or a three strikes thing even, it was lots of things over time.
Yeah, this is something that needs remembering. Other than the obvious trolls or the shock image spammers, people here typically get plenty of warnings. It's not like Toady wakes up in the morning and decides to ban a random user for the lulz.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125963 on: August 26, 2017, 09:25:37 pm »

What exactly does being deliberately obtuse actually mean?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125964 on: August 26, 2017, 09:31:49 pm »

Being intentionally vague and/or acting like they're ignorant when they actually aren't.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125965 on: August 26, 2017, 09:46:29 pm »

Well you know.... It's like, obviously like, when you do the thing, that like. You know...

Edit: Neonivek getting banned isn't a huge surprise. He's always been... Extremely frustrating to talk to. Which wasn't an (baniable) issue when it was just in the games threads. But then entering politics where the issues are more 'important' and the nerves are a bit rawer made it seems a little bit inevitable.

I guess it's a bit of a weird one in that I'm not sure if there was ever any malice there. It always felt like he was reporting to us from a parallel universe, but there's always been the question in my mind if it's genuine or trolling. I guess we'll never know now. If he was a troll he's easily the best I've ever seen.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 09:52:33 pm by Criptfeind »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #125966 on: August 26, 2017, 10:24:30 pm »

I too have kinda mixed feelings. I knew this was a long time coming, but I kinda enjoyed Neo's unique brand of madness every now and then.

He didn't usually seem malicious or ill-intended until recently, honestly, just really out there and really bad at discussing things normally. But something definitely felt like it changed a couple months after the election. Something about him just suddenly seemed more... spiteful, kinda? Not really nasty or vicious, but not just argumentative, either.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #125967 on: August 26, 2017, 10:28:29 pm »

And I don't mean to imply in the moderation log that I have additional insight.  I put "trolling/arguing/deliberately obtuse" because I have no idea how to really characterize it, but the failure to adjust and the damage to the community were real enough.  It's quite possible there was no specific intent behind it, but at some point it's sort of a...  Poe-adjacent law of trolling and it doesn't matter anymore what the underlying reality is.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #125968 on: August 26, 2017, 10:48:17 pm »

I guess it's a bit of a weird one in that I'm not sure if there was ever any malice there. It always felt like he was reporting to us from a parallel universe, but there's always been the question in my mind if it's genuine or trolling. I guess we'll never know now. If he was a troll he's easily the best I've ever seen.
For what it's worth, so far as my memory goes there's been times when he'd, like... try? To troll. Usually alongside some varying degree of explicitly saying that was what he was doin'. Recall generally when attempting to make some other point. Caricature/parody stuff. Generally not malice, I don't think, but definitely occasional frustration that made a rough time getting the attempted point across all the more rough.

But otherwise I'm fairly sure it was mostly a tossup between genuine with an unusual way of looking at things and communication difficulty. If my memory's not going totally haywire I heard 'im talk a bit over voice chat a ways back, and it was both fairly in line with his manner of communication in letter and not giving any particular signs of being affected.

But by the same... goddamnit, I've forgot the word that goes here... whatever. By the same whatever, he also could never really seem to get much of a handle on getting better at communicating with folks, even when they tried to walk 'im through what was causing friction. Like boss toad says, failure to adjust and subsequent disturbance et al.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #125969 on: August 26, 2017, 10:49:20 pm »

Token.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 8396 8397 [8398] 8399 8400 ... 10983