Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8406 8407 [8408] 8409 8410 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13174246 times)

Avarice

• Bay Watcher
  • ××××××××
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #126105 on: August 29, 2017, 09:16:52 am »

Double.
I dont always buy free range yadda yadda cost etc.
But i do get this whole unpasteurized milk from this Dutch farmer who raises Jersy beasts and another fella who does them chicken things.
Both are tasty as fuck and i can leave the eggs around for a week before they become the same viscosity as supermarket ones.
But the milk is far enough away that the gas I use is counter cost in a few ways.
So sure shit industry is bad but it comes down to our laziness and that will always win
××××××××××××××××××

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126106 on: August 29, 2017, 09:46:51 am »

I know that pigs are mammals, but I did not know people milk them.

And yes, i am not saying that big farmers do not treat cows (or any other animals for that matter) badly. The only thing i did say, is that the milking does not hurt them.

As for the laziness, it is also cost effectivness. Small farmers, who can care about individual cows will not make nearly as much milk as big farmers with thousands of cows. So, if everybody bought only from small farmers, prices of "free pasture milk" would rise sharply. The prices of milk from big producers would go down slowly. Eventually, there would not be enough "free pasture milk" to go around and what would be available would be horribly expensive.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126107 on: August 29, 2017, 10:02:03 am »

TL;DR i used to be a vegan like you till i couldnt function properly
Conclusive evidence that successful vegan-ing in New Zealand is entirely possible.   :P 

I'll explain a little further:  This isn't some moral issue with hand-milking cows.  There's a lot of rather gruesome damage that sometimes occurs from industrial milking.  I get the impression that it's avoidable, and I'd like to believe most cruelty-free farms avoid overmilking and avoid the damaging practices.

It's less to do with the milking itself and more the way the cows are kept perpetually pregnant so that they continue to lactate.  :-X 

Anyway, glad to hear window-dude isn't stressing you out! As long as the levels of mess aren't creating a  major health/fire hazard that he might report back to whoever hired him (landlord?) about, I don't see any reason to care how much untidiness he sees.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126108 on: August 29, 2017, 10:09:06 am »

TL;DR i used to be a vegan like you till i couldnt function properly
Conclusive evidence that successful vegan-ing in New Zealand is entirely possible.   :P 

Possible? Yes.
Easy and cheap? No.

You have to do the research about what plants you have to eat in what ratio and then buy them.
Also, it probably will not be very tasty.

Also a question. Are vegans allowed to eat honey? I am asking, because while it was originaly plant nectar, it was changed by bee digestive enzymes.

*Not that I intend to go vegan or vegetarian, meat is too tasty for that.*
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126109 on: August 29, 2017, 10:19:48 am »

My impression is no; vegans avoid using any animal products. I'm not even sure they can use wool, even though modern sheep actually require regular shearing to stay healthy and happy.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126110 on: August 29, 2017, 10:24:31 am »

Well, don't most temperate climate mammals shed at least once a year anyway? I don't imagine them keeping thick winter fur during summers.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #126111 on: August 29, 2017, 10:38:36 am »

Everyone should just copy Sweden's animal health rights, that's what I always say. All cows, for example, are required to have access to real pastures Ican'tremembertheactualtimeframe months per year. And they're not allowed to fucking cannibalise other goddamn cows, Britain.

Well, don't most temperate climate mammals shed at least once a year anyway? I don't imagine them keeping thick winter fur during summers.

No, many or most common modern sheep breeds have had their natural ability to stop growing/shed wool bred out of them.
Love, scriver~

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126112 on: August 29, 2017, 10:44:40 am »

Cows are herbivores! That is the first reason not to feed them meat.

With sheep not shedding, because it was bread out of them, maybe, but what I meant is that shearing does not hurt them, because they are supposed to shed.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126113 on: August 29, 2017, 10:50:26 am »

Welp.
F
for our resident Salty Susan.

There's many topics where I won't miss him, there's a couple of boards which are probably mildly improved, and yet the forum is diminished by the absence.

The problem with unpopular viewpoints is that they continually accrue stress and negativity. It's an unavoidable burden.
As far as I can tell, everyone who has one is doomed to become more and more brittle until they eventually crack.. or shatter.
So I guess we've only to wait and see who's next.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 10:52:27 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #126114 on: August 29, 2017, 10:54:12 am »

You can take a lot of things out of Bay 12. You can take away our mermaid bone farms. You can take away away our alcoholic cats. You can take away our murder elephants.

But don't take away our Banjo. 
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #126115 on: August 29, 2017, 11:06:57 am »

Cows are herbivores! That is the first reason not to feed them meat.

With sheep not shedding, because it was bread out of them, maybe, but what I meant is that shearing does not hurt them, because they are supposed to shed.

I think a lot of moral vegans would probably object to the holding of sheep as stock for their fur in itself, regardless of whether or not shearing does good for the sheep.

You can take a lot of things out of Bay 12. You can take away our mermaid bone farms. You can take away away our alcoholic cats. You can take away our murder elephants.

But don't take away our Banjo. 

Love, scriver~

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126116 on: August 29, 2017, 12:58:24 pm »

I'm confused. I don't see anything in the mod log that says yoink was banned. Neonevik though...

F
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #126117 on: August 29, 2017, 01:01:10 pm »

Ah, I was replying to Tack, and it seems he edited his post. Yoink is fine.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #126118 on: August 29, 2017, 02:11:49 pm »

Well, it's not lab-grown steaks, and it wasn't Descan, but discussion about milk works I guess.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126119 on: August 29, 2017, 02:26:34 pm »

Where do milk-bones come from if not milk-steaks? Hmm? Hmmmmmm?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 8406 8407 [8408] 8409 8410 ... 10983