Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8455 8456 [8457] 8458 8459 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13203124 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #126840 on: September 21, 2017, 04:45:03 pm »

They keep putting untrained people doing tasks at work, not training them, then getting on my case for getting frustrated with the fact that I have to keep fixing the problems that causes. What nearly caused me to tell the supervisor to go fuck herself was when one of them parked a rack so that I was boxed into a 2-foot wide space with no way out, and she got on me when when I moved it(aggressively). That "they're new" does not justify a complete lack of goddamned common sense.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126841 on: September 21, 2017, 05:14:45 pm »

Dude made dwarf fortress multiplayer and his thread is unnoticed and has just 4 pages.
Like literally WAT?

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #126842 on: September 21, 2017, 05:21:04 pm »

Dude made dwarf fortress multiplayer and his thread is unnoticed and has just 4 pages.
Like literally WAT?

...link please?

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126843 on: September 21, 2017, 05:56:54 pm »

Like literally WAT?

...link please?

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=165168.0

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #126844 on: September 21, 2017, 05:59:14 pm »

Somebody else also might be about to release a Twitch integration mod for DF, which will be interesting. Might get some accelerated site traffic, depending upon who uses it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #126845 on: September 21, 2017, 06:02:00 pm »

Somebody else also might be about to release a Twitch integration mod for DF, which will be interesting. Might get some accelerated site traffic, depending upon who uses it.

Twitch plays DF Adventure mode.

Actually no that's a terrible idea.

Like literally WAT?

...link please?

Thanks, I'll be checking that out.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126846 on: September 21, 2017, 06:02:25 pm »

Like literally WAT?

...link please?

Wow, this is a real thing. Looks like its geared towards multiplayer arena combat? PTW on that foar shoar.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #126847 on: September 21, 2017, 06:23:57 pm »

Twitch plays DF Adventure mode.

Actually no that's a terrible idea.

I can't imagine it'll be any more terrible than your average DF player's run, to be fair.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126848 on: September 21, 2017, 07:20:54 pm »

*sigh*

My mom just came in to demanding to plan that we go through all my stuff to throw out all the old clothes I don't wear in order to reduce my clothing to one dresser...

...Except that everything I wear is already contained in that one dresser, except for my winter stuff, because I did that very thing months ago, and did again before that.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126849 on: September 21, 2017, 08:49:14 pm »

Really?

Whenever I eat it, it tastes like a really thick slab of noodle or something.
Was probably undercooked, the bit I nibbled on raw before cooking the rest tasted a little bit that way.

I'm amazed that you hadn't tried it before, haha! 
Yeah... I've been hearing people sing its praises for so long, I don't know. I figured it would either be expensive or difficult to prepare, or at the very least unpleasantly bland. I'd mostly only eaten tofu fried, thinly-sliced and included in the occasional sushi roll before - where it was delicious, but I figured it would be difficult to achieve that level of yum with my lacklustre cooking skills.

Yeah, I find it a little bland actually, but not in a bad way.  Nowadays I usually put a little sriracha on it, but sometimes I just snack on it raw (:

A shame it dries out pretty quickly if you don't keep it in water.  It turns a color pretty fast as it dries, and they *say* to keep it in water, but I don't know how quickly it actually goes bad (it's just bean paste...  but better safe than sorry).
Crud, I didn't know that about the storage. Hopefully mine's still alright. ...It was only like $2 for the whole block anyway, though. :))
My housemate (one of the main people championing its goodness to me recently) cooks his with spices, often including sriracha (or however you spell it). He says he's going to introduce me to the world of spiced tofu, but honestly I'm already in love with the stuff just plain.

The bit I tried raw was alright... a bit too strong-tasting for me. It has a weirdly nice smell, though!
I think I'll stick to cooking it, then the taste matches the delicious scent more closely.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126850 on: September 21, 2017, 09:44:43 pm »

Like literally WAT?

...link please?

Before you get too amazed, I'm pretty certain this is basically an extension of logging into a single game via PuTTy or similar that has been possible for years. So there's only actually one copy of the game running and everyone else sends and receives information about it via terminal emulation.

What's new is that Warmist has added in a framework which allows each logged in player to spawn and control individual units on the map. But it only works in Arena mode. So we're all logging into a single game and making units in the Arena, then you get to watch them hack it out. That's the entire gameplay at this point, it's not that complex.

He mentions he tried it out with Fortress Mode and it sort-of works, however he also states that he has no clear game-plan on how Fortress Mode could be made into a multiplayer experience. Remember there's only one game running so you have to be part of the same fortress, and asking who does what, and what to do in the down-time, is non-trivial for Fortress Mode in a way that can be glossed over in Arena Mode. The biggest technical problem to tackle first would be that the game pauses when you do designations, and there's only one copy of the game running.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 10:13:16 pm by Reelya »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126851 on: September 21, 2017, 10:17:56 pm »

My boss bought pizza from a nearby pizza place, 'Gotham City Pizza'.   The pizza had some ingredient I didn't recognize.  It definitely was not normal, and I wouldn't order a pizza with it on it myself but it was not terrible.  And only on the second slice was I inclined to take it off.

Turns out, after browsing their menu and comparing toppings, the pizza was their pizza called 'The cowabunga'.  The mystery ingredient...was pineapple.  I am sorry pizza gods, for I have sinned, I have eaten a slice of pinapple pizza and did not immediately discard it.  Please forgive me. Pepperoni to pepperoni, sauce to sauce, amen.

(WTF pineapple pizza is supposed to be terrible, what's wrong with me)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Avarice

• Bay Watcher
  • ××××××××
    • View Profile
« Reply #126852 on: September 21, 2017, 10:25:05 pm »

The great pizza goddess just spoke to me in a cheese induced fever dream.
She floated out of a hellfire oven then her mouth opened up with the great strands of mozzarella gently they played like a harp and translated to me
"Pineapple on pizza is good, yet most you humans don't understand its true use, Grieger has sinned not for he has the sacred oils inside him"
She proceeded to grant me an amazing quest to find pineapples true use but I ignored it cause I was too busy staring at her crusts...
Mmm
××××××××××××××××××

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126853 on: September 21, 2017, 10:38:00 pm »

WTF pineapple pizza is great. Sweet and sour effect. Seriously however, check polls about 60-70%1,2 favor pineapple as a perfectly fine topping. (So obectively, pineapple pizza isn't supposed to be terrible, if you define "supposed" to be something that would be true of most people.)

I actually wonder about people who can't take pineapple on pizza because it's a contrasting flavor, do you guys also like putting ketchup on everything or something? I'd imagine you also find sweet and sour chinese intolerable.

How about olives or anchovies? If you can't deal with pineapple I would find it hard to believe you'd add those other things.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 10:52:00 pm by Reelya »

Avarice

• Bay Watcher
  • ××××××××
    • View Profile
« Reply #126854 on: September 21, 2017, 10:47:12 pm »

WTF pineapple pizza is great. Sweet and sour effect. Seriously however, check polls about 2:1 favor pineapple as a perfectly fine topping.

I actually wonder about people who can't take pineapple on pizza because it's a contrasting flavor, do you guys also like putting ketchup on everything or something? I'd imagine you also find sweet and sour chinese intolerable.

How about olives or anchovies? If you can't deal with pineapple I would find it hard to believe you'd add those other things.

Forgive them for they know not what they do.
××××××××××××××××××
Pages: 1 ... 8455 8456 [8457] 8458 8459 ... 10984