Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8551 8552 [8553] 8554 8555 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13189596 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #128280 on: November 01, 2017, 06:45:01 am »

You will probably have to do some immigration stuff in the UK after Brexit, which can be time-consuming, stressful, and expensive.

Unless you go to Scotland. Scotland (mostly) likes foreigners, though presently no immigration powers, so... probably as above.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #128281 on: November 01, 2017, 07:19:27 am »

I'll consider all options.  Though  tbh I'm biased in favor of staying in Ireland in equality of conditions.  Unless the UK offer involves my more arcane interests, that is.

Arcane interests? I heard some fancy British school is loooking for a self defense against the dark arts instructor. Terrible turnover rate though.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #128282 on: November 01, 2017, 07:39:36 am »

The son of a bitch terrorist who attacked NYC yesterday lived 2 towns over from me. That's the 2nd or 3rd one in/around New Jersey, specifically my part of NJ, in recent times.

*sigh*

We need more folks getting into law enforcement, rather than fewer and fewer recruitment numbers. Not to mention quality...
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #128283 on: November 01, 2017, 08:19:31 am »

You will probably have to do some immigration stuff in the UK after Brexit, which can be time-consuming, stressful, and expensive.

Unless you go to Scotland. Scotland (mostly) likes foreigners, though presently no immigration powers, so... probably as above.
*shrug* If they want me to jump through hoops, be it with the GMC or with immigration, it's likely that I won't bother.   
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 03:03:09 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #128284 on: November 01, 2017, 12:03:15 pm »

The impression I've gotten is that the cost of housing versus pay situation in the UK isn't that great compared to the average European country (especially Germany and the Scandinavian countries).
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #128285 on: November 01, 2017, 12:56:48 pm »

Yeah, that's another rason why I find it unlikely that the offer will be good enough to entince me. I think there's 90% chance that I will remain in Ireland next year, but I'm willing to listen.  You never know.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #128286 on: November 01, 2017, 01:26:59 pm »

WHOA WHOA HOLD THE PHONE.

The narrow-mindedness of the Jedi is directly responsible for the existence of the Sith, also the Jedi effectively glassed the Sith homeworld out of a sense of retribution. The Jedi are no different, the Sith just don't hide what they are and put on airs. The Jedi have a comfy tower of luxury to nap in while they play hero, but when they get pushed they are capable of the same level of atrocity.

Mostly true- however, I'd like to note that the Sith had, repeatably, commited atrocities such as creating the Rakghoul and a penchant for superweapons (i.e Malachor, Desolator, Dark Reaper). They also had a habit of using 'peace' as an opportunity to prepare for the next war. The Jedi aren't innocent either (The Desolator is actually the result of three[/I] Old Republic Superweapon designs) but you can see why they'd want to leave their enemy without a capital or hierarchy.

"Good" and "Evil" in Star Wars just indicate whether you conduct business from the bridge of a Super Star Destroyer, or whatever is left after my Super Star Destroyer is finished with you.

Who said the Jedi Order was good? They're basically the sci-fi equivalent of the Crusaders, only with a focus on often unwanted or 'greater good' diplomacy. Between the Jedi and the Sith, I'd have to say the Jedi are the lesser of two evils though. They had to at least pretend to be the 'good guys', and were far better at it than the Galactic Empire.

That said, is there a Star Wars discussion thread on Bay12 that doesn't descend into utter hate and name calling? I'd like to join that and keep this thread for true 'WTF-ery'.

Ssssoooo...  some UK recruiter for permanent positions is calling tomorrow.

I'll consider all options.  Though  tbh I'm biased in favor of staying in Ireland in equality of conditions.  Unless the UK offer involves my more arcane interests, that is.

Right, I'm Canadian, so can someone explain the "WTF"? My curiosity is nagging me now.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #128287 on: November 01, 2017, 01:31:55 pm »

Right, I'm Canadian, so can someone explain the "WTF"? My curiosity is nagging me now.

I assume he wasn't expecting the call.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128288 on: November 01, 2017, 01:34:21 pm »

*snip snip snip snip snip* That said, is there a Star Wars discussion thread on Bay12 that doesn't descend into utter hate and name calling? I'd like to join that and keep this thread for true 'WTF-ery'. *snip snip snip*

Through passion I gain strength.

Also, you're right, this isn't a Star Wars discussion thread, I'll stop.  ;D

Best of luck to you, I also would be surprised to get a sudden call for a job that requires moving, though I'd be open to it.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #128289 on: November 01, 2017, 02:42:04 pm »

...I think I just accidentally created the most epically fucked-up creation myth ever written. See what you did, Aurora4X? All your fault...

I'm both laughing and cringing at the awesomeness of this crazy-ass culture/religion I made for my AAR. God, these guys have one hell of a fucked up backstory...

There goes 6 hours of my life I'll never get back, but it was definitely worth it. Not done of course, but I've got to run to work now. Cheers. :P

Putting the Key of deities/celestial bodies at the bottom under the story part.

Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128290 on: November 01, 2017, 03:09:56 pm »

Does the game generate any of this : o
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #128291 on: November 01, 2017, 04:10:40 pm »

I wouldn't be surprised- look at the Legends and Myths DF generates. But if I remember correctly, Aurora4x plays as a strategy/sim through Spreadsheet-esque UI... I don't think it generates Mythology.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #128292 on: November 01, 2017, 04:14:17 pm »

That's all Ehndras' work. Aurora's a space warfare tactics/strategy/logistics sim with other bits tacked on to facilitate that, about the most you get as far as social background is a government type which only determines a few values for under-the-hood elements of your industry and diplomacy. RP is pretty much exclusively left to the player.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #128293 on: November 01, 2017, 05:07:06 pm »

I assume he wasn't expecting the call.
No. Tbh this came out of the blue.

Like I said, my primary plan is to stay in Ireland but it's good to have options.

(Btw:  regarding "my more arcane interests"... if it's not at least a transplant centre I'll almost certainly pass.  And the only way I can see they could ensure my cooperation would be some place in which I could poke my nose into cell therapy. I doubt it will be the case, so I'll probably stick to the ROI)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #128294 on: November 01, 2017, 05:09:10 pm »

ChairmanPoo casually trying to sneak his way into the immortal caste early.

You could always make like the Silicon Valley magnates and get obsessed with that one study about the blood of the young. Just pay a compatible 20 year old to send you a pint every month and put it through an IV, bam, maybe eternal life.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 8551 8552 [8553] 8554 8555 ... 10983