Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8552 8553 [8554] 8555 8556 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13000013 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #128295 on: November 01, 2017, 05:30:13 pm »

I've always held the suspicion that the blood bank consultant where I did my residency was embezzling plasma.  I swear she looked 15 years younger than her age
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128296 on: November 01, 2017, 05:38:42 pm »

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128297 on: November 01, 2017, 05:44:30 pm »

I've always held the suspicion that the blood bank consultant where I did my residency was embezzling plasma.  I swear she looked 15 years younger than her age

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128298 on: November 01, 2017, 06:03:18 pm »

Bin Laden was a fan of anime and video games

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Confirmed, anime makes you an international terrorist mastermind.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 06:07:44 pm by redwallzyl »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #128299 on: November 01, 2017, 06:09:58 pm »

Bin Laden was a fan of anime and video games

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I hope terrorist-senpai notices me before his suicide bombing.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128300 on: November 01, 2017, 06:11:34 pm »

Confirmed: big three anime makes you a terrorist.

Naruto, Bleach, and Dragon Ball games

(EDIT I think he was more of a gamer, the only actual anime series on the drive was Devil May Cry. And ... that's not actually something that's popular with the anime crowd as a whole, only people who are into the game).
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 06:17:44 pm by Reelya »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #128301 on: November 01, 2017, 06:16:03 pm »

Hey, I've seen none of them, and I'm still a....

Emmmm....

A Philanthropist. Right.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #128302 on: November 01, 2017, 06:16:42 pm »

Man, what. It takes a hell of a conceptual personality for something to agree with replacing their skeleton as a means of gaining power. Another to actually write out the process with a good bit more detail than normally involved in the rare cases the subject comes up.

And we're not talking modern/future medicine and shit, here. We're talking jumping into a ball of psychic punch fire, which then melts out your bones and turns you into a lump of squirming flesh, nerves kept still kept functioning because who the hell knows. Then they punch the new skeleton into the mindfire and it's up to you to reattach yourself to it. Also the skeleton is actively trying to stop you, you've got under an hour to manage it, and yes you are still on fire.

Things were only mildly graphic up to this point, then suddenly fleshlump and mention that the screaming only stopped because the mouth burnt off. Squirmy "No Bones" McBurnington is basically the MC's pet cat, too. Like, you know the cat's going to make it because this is still the Golden Thumbing of Dong, but damn.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128303 on: November 01, 2017, 06:18:53 pm »

Man, what. It takes a hell of a conceptual personality for something to agree with replacing their skeleton as a means of gaining power. Another to actually write out the process with a good bit more detail than normally involved in the rare cases the subject comes up.

And we're not talking modern/future medicine and shit, here. We're talking jumping into a ball of psychic punch fire, which then melts out your bones and turns you into a lump of squirming flesh, nerves kept still kept functioning because who the hell knows. Then they punch the new skeleton into the mindfire and it's up to you to reattach yourself to it. Also the skeleton is actively trying to stop you, you've got under an hour to manage it, and yes you are still on fire.

Things were only mildly graphic up to this point, then suddenly fleshlump and mention that the screaming only stopped because the mouth burnt off. Squirmy "No Bones" McBurnington is basically the MC's pet cat, too. Like, you know the cat's going to make it because this is still the Golden Thumbing of Dong, but damn.

Yeah man, that sounds legit. Follow your dreams.

*madly dialing 911*
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #128304 on: November 01, 2017, 06:25:29 pm »

Ha ha ha, silly dun. There is no 911 in Dong Land. Probably got eaten by the mountain (chain) sized devil weasels.
Ask not!
Ask!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #128305 on: November 01, 2017, 06:33:58 pm »

You need to put me in touch with your deale- I mean, perhaps you should stop partaking in the psychoactives.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #128306 on: November 01, 2017, 06:36:20 pm »

Man, it's not my dealer you need to get in touch with, it's whoever the author of this thing's is. I've never bothered to check.
Ask not!
Ask!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #128307 on: November 01, 2017, 06:36:38 pm »

Ha ha ha, silly dun. There is no 911 in Dong Land. Probably got eaten by the mountain (chain) sized devil weasels.
So... not just giant, but particularly giant because its a weasel.  Unless devil weasels are particularly large?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128308 on: November 01, 2017, 06:38:43 pm »

So... not just giant, but particularly giant because its a weasel.  Unless devil weasels are particularly large?

I believe that devil weasels must naturally be the size of a mountain, or he would have clarified "giant" ones, indicating large than normal.

This begs the question of the diet and hunting parents of a DW. Do they eat the concept of emergency assistance, or simply entire call centers? What so they supplement this with? Are they in fact burrowing mammals? The dispatcher told me to keep him talking

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #128309 on: November 01, 2017, 06:43:05 pm »

Devil weasels are apparently pretty large, yes. Multiple hundreds of feet long as an adolescent, and they apparently grow as they get older/stronger. Technically they're (celestial) demon martens, but after eventually getting around to looking up what a marten actually was I calls it like I sees it.

As for their diet, there's apparently an entire ecosystem of landmark sized punch magic critters flittering around somewhere, occasionally stepping on the incidental empire/continent. Also basically everything in this setting (and often others like it) eventually end up being able to largely subsist on environmental punch magic fuel. I don't question it, just nod my head and keep reading when someone's sat there with their eyes closed for several months attempting to produce fist induced nuclear reactions inside their soul or whatever the hell is going on with these thing are.

E: In any case, as predicted, the cat made it through replacing its bones. It is now a ten or fifteen or so foot tall black man, as near as I can tell. Goddamn punch magic stories.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 06:58:01 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 8552 8553 [8554] 8555 8556 ... 10974