Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8599 8600 [8601] 8602 8603 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13148698 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #129000 on: November 26, 2017, 05:27:09 pm »

They’re sort of casual formal, fitting into the space between where you want a collared shirt but don’t need to go full formal with button down shirts that you have to tuck in.

Though those UnTukt shirts which are formal but don’t need to be tucked in are coming into fashion.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 05:29:28 pm by smjjames »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #129001 on: November 26, 2017, 06:02:21 pm »

I dislike polo shirts, mainly because I can't stand short sleeves, but also because they give off a look like you just got back from a golf course 24/7.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129002 on: November 26, 2017, 06:25:10 pm »

they give off a look like you just got back from a golf course 24/7.

Sweet, I can look presidential.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129003 on: November 26, 2017, 06:48:21 pm »

I always hated dress shirts so much that polo shirts were a welcome alternative, heh.
Now I don't mind dress shirts as much, but I still like polo shirts.  I don't like being overdressed.

also omg I probably should have called a plumber *last* night but no I've got this I'VE GOT THIS aaaaghblbl
trying two more things and if it's still bad in the morning then fine I'm pwned
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129004 on: November 26, 2017, 06:53:24 pm »

Broken faucet or...?

Billy

• Bay Watcher
  • 2495 2837 1566
    • View Profile
« Reply #129005 on: November 26, 2017, 07:17:51 pm »

Don't force it

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129006 on: November 26, 2017, 07:26:06 pm »

The question or whatever he’s trying to fix?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #129007 on: November 26, 2017, 07:37:09 pm »

I pretty much universally wear short-sleeved things.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129008 on: November 26, 2017, 07:42:13 pm »

I wore a sleeveless shirt out in public for like, the second time ever the other day.
Went pretty well. Way of the future. Sun's out guns out.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129009 on: November 26, 2017, 09:12:51 pm »

I don't know the technical terms, but I'm pretty sure there's a blockage "downstream" of all our water-leave-pipes.  So if we try to use the dishwasher or flush an upstairs toilet, everything comes up from the toilet downstairs >:

I tried to snake the toilet but the guy at Home Depot had no clue nor shits, heh.  He was slowly chewing potato chips the entire time and rented me a snake *far* too thick to navigate the toilet loop, even though I was clear how I meant to use it.  It didn't have a protective sheath to protect the porcelain, so that's all scratched up now.

He was oddly chill though, so I didn't take it personally...  In retrospect I guess he was probably high as balls.  Would explain all the vacant smiling, heh.

Anyway, I do have a pretty serious 50ft snake for the next 24 hours, so tomorrow morning I'm buying a pipe wrench to remove the J-loop from the sink and snake through that.  Hopefully.
And tonight I'm sending some general-purpose draino through, hopefully, to loosen it up.  It *does* drain a little...  Just massively too slow, like about almost an hour for a flush worth of water.

I used to do repairs like this with my dad.  It was years ago, but I'll be a bit disappointed if I really can't figure this out myself :/
however, I'm getting sick of wringing out towels of soapy waste-water, and I have a housemate to consider.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129010 on: November 26, 2017, 09:23:20 pm »

The technical term is probably just 'blockage'.

The downstairs toilet flushes fine though? You didn't mention that, just that it gets backed up and tries to exit at the lowest point.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129011 on: November 26, 2017, 09:43:18 pm »

If we wait long enough then we can flush it once, yeah.  Two flushes seems right out though, makes the bowl fill (and of course, that happens from flushing *anywhere* in the house).  Mistakes were made

At least there's no downstairs shower.  From what I've read, that would have granted much less margin...
She/they

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129012 on: November 26, 2017, 09:51:11 pm »

I'd probably start from the downstairs toilet as its either closest to the blockage or the water is just going to the point of lowest elevation, or both.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #129013 on: November 26, 2017, 10:12:31 pm »

One thing you could do (which just might save you a lot of work) is to shut down the water to the downstairs toilet, then flush it. From your description, this will empty out the bowl without refilling it. After you do this, pour very hot (tap hot, not boiling) water into the bowl until it can't hold any more. There is a very real possibility that this will encourage the blockage (which is probably some sort of soap or hair buildup) to detatch from the pipe walls and continue out to the sewer, unclogging the system.

If this doesn't work, doing the same thing with a good drain cleaner might dissolve the clog.

If THAT doesn't work, the clog is probably something that shouldn't have gone into the pipes (tree root, wipes, possibly condoms and toilet paper depending on your plumbing system, etc) your plan with the snake is about the only thing left. The reason I would advise doing this last is because the other two methods tend to work better when they work at all.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129014 on: November 26, 2017, 10:19:30 pm »

Sounds like he's already paid to rent the 50 foot long snake rotorooter thing, so, might as well use it.
Pages: 1 ... 8599 8600 [8601] 8602 8603 ... 10980