Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8624 8625 [8626] 8627 8628 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13170833 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #129375 on: December 13, 2017, 04:58:25 pm »

Speaking of Chrono trigger I hear Squeenix is consitering remaking FF6 and Chrono Trigger because the Secret of Mana remake worked so well.

That is my WTF.  Secret of mana is a bit of a cult classic but surely they know that if they remake those two games in particular it would have to be programmed by Jesus, Armok, Nuffle, Kormir, Paladine, AND Talos all at the same time and compiled from a NASA supercomputer from the distant future to not be systematically taken apart and destroyed by their fanbase right?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a modern remake of those titles, but the hype would be so explosive no bomb shelter would be safe.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #129376 on: December 13, 2017, 05:03:22 pm »

Who are Nuffle, Kormir, Paladine, and Talos?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129377 on: December 13, 2017, 05:05:51 pm »

Talos is the head god in skyrim

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129378 on: December 13, 2017, 05:05:58 pm »

Greiger, I need you to link me immediately to any news whatsoever that shows Squeenix is remaking Chrono Trigger in any capacity. I need proof before I get excited, because if I do that and this is some kind of cruel rumor I will be compelled to commit seppuku using the shattered remains of my sense of hope.

Thanks muchly.

Also, I don't care who Nuffle, Kormir, Paladine, and Talos are if they can make a new Chrono Trigger. They could be the literal four horsemen of the apocalypse and so long as they let me finish New CT before it all burns I'm fine with that.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #129379 on: December 13, 2017, 05:06:31 pm »

Who is Jesus?
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129380 on: December 13, 2017, 05:07:12 pm »

I know that Nuffle is the god of dice, essentially, from Blood Bowl. Basically an RNG given proper worship.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129381 on: December 13, 2017, 05:09:57 pm »

Greiger, I need you to link me immediately to any news whatsoever that shows Squeenix is remaking Chrono Trigger in any capacity. I need proof before I get excited, because if I do that and this is some kind of cruel rumor I will be compelled to commit seppuku using the shattered remains of my sense of hope.

Thanks muchly.

Also, I don't care who Nuffle, Kormir, Paladine, and Talos are if they can make a new Chrono Trigger. They could be the literal four horsemen of the apocalypse and so long as they let me finish New CT before it all burns I'm fine with that.
Don't get too excited yet, I heard it secondhand, and even then it's only under consideration.

Kormir is a goddess in Guild Wars 2, and apperantly a main character in Guild Wars 1 before she attained godhood. Paladine who I may have spelled incorrectly is a god in the dragonlance universe. Jesus is some random dude from Mexico.

EDIT: Only source of info I could find myself, though it is indeed very recent. http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/12/11/square-enix-final-fantasy-nintendo-switch/

Further edit, and after asking my source, he linked me these.
https://www.nintendo-insider.com/square-enix-interested-in-porting-classic-games-to-nintendo-switch/
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/04/square_enix_veteran_and_chrono_trigger_director_teases_nintendo_switch_project
https://gamingbolt.com/final-fantasy-6-8-and-9-remakes-teased-by-final-fantasy-12-the-zodiac-age-director
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 05:29:52 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #129382 on: December 13, 2017, 05:57:58 pm »

Who is Jesus?
He didn’t say Jesus, he said “hey, Zeus”, you know, father of Apollo? Mount Olympus? Mess with me I’ll shove a lightning bolt up yo ass, you know, Zeus!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #129383 on: December 13, 2017, 06:01:48 pm »

Who is Jesus?
He didn’t say Jesus, he said “hey, Zeus”, you know, father of Apollo? Mount Olympus? Mess with me I’ll shove a lightning bolt up yo ass, you know, Zeus!
I think he was talking about some guy named jesus, or the english equivalent, jessie
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #129384 on: December 13, 2017, 06:14:07 pm »

Please do not quote:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/robots-being-used-deter-homeless-185100662.html

Outsourcing Robotizing  your conscience what should be but is not your conscience away because it never existed in the first place.

This will spread.... Bad things. "Undesirable:" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UC_Davis_pepper_spray_incident

Please do not quote:
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129385 on: December 13, 2017, 06:28:17 pm »

Heh, article title made me think it was about a robot deterring homeless people.  More like a mobile car-theft-detecting camera got deterred by homeless people :P

... With a tarp, which was kinda funny, but also smearing it with feces.  Take that, robot overlord!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #129386 on: December 13, 2017, 07:26:34 pm »

Speaking of Chrono trigger I hear Squeenix is consitering remaking FF6 and Chrono Trigger because the Secret of Mana remake worked so well.
Wait, wait. Hold up. There's been another seiken densetsu remake since those GBA-ish ones or... I think some kind of rts thing on the DS? And it... it went well?

... if so, now I'm wondering how I missed it. Like, I can guess because it was console and I haven't been able to afford one of those for better than a decade (i.e. I have no sodding clue what's happening on that front unless it's emulation related, and probably not then, either), but... still. I actually enjoyed SD2/3 more than CT or FF6. Which isn't saying I didn't enjoy the latter but I freaking loved the mana games, doubly so the ruddy art style and the music. Computer's desktop background is actually a screenie from the PSX one, heh. Has been for several years.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129387 on: December 13, 2017, 07:32:51 pm »

All that news is about ports.

BUT THERE IS THAT ONE that talks about wanting to make more real classic remakes. My hope is intact.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129388 on: December 13, 2017, 08:42:39 pm »

I heard the existing DS port of Chrono Trigger had some extra content.  Something about Schala I think, tying into Chrono Trigger 2 a bit.

Speaking of Chrono Trigger, I guess I probably didn't 100% it because I don't remember the sun-stone boss.  I got the stone where you have to get hit by rocks on a waterfall, but probably missed some others.
But I did defeat the end boss with Chrono alone, which was really epic and creepy since they're both mute.  Kinda illustrates my lack of interest in literal 100% heh.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129389 on: December 13, 2017, 08:54:04 pm »

Sun Stone questline is how you get Chrono's arguably-ultimate weapon, rainbow.

And yeah the DS port has a few extra-content areas.
Pages: 1 ... 8624 8625 [8626] 8627 8628 ... 10983