Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8625 8626 [8627] 8628 8629 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13177360 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #129390 on: December 13, 2017, 10:15:10 pm »

Is it okay if I just quote the link, for context?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/robots-being-used-deter-homeless-185100662.html

San Fransisco really needs to try and solve the problem, not push the homeless around.

Also, on the sidebar I saw this: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/robot-wages-war-homeless-homeless-173253050.html look about halfway down, China has made a security bot which can use weapons and could police riots and be remotely controlled, yikes. It's not RoboCop or mecha killbots or whatever, but still.....

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #129391 on: December 13, 2017, 10:25:37 pm »

Speaking of Chrono trigger I hear Squeenix is consitering remaking FF6 and Chrono Trigger because the Secret of Mana remake worked so well.
Wait, wait. Hold up. There's been another seiken densetsu remake since those GBA-ish ones or... I think some kind of rts thing on the DS? And it... it went well?

... if so, now I'm wondering how I missed it. Like, I can guess because it was console and I haven't been able to afford one of those for better than a decade (i.e. I have no sodding clue what's happening on that front unless it's emulation related, and probably not then, either), but... still. I actually enjoyed SD2/3 more than CT or FF6. Which isn't saying I didn't enjoy the latter but I freaking loved the mana games, doubly so the ruddy art style and the music. Computer's desktop background is actually a screenie from the PSX one, heh. Has been for several years.

It is not out yet, but there's a full remake of Secret of Mana scheduled for PS4 and (IIRC) Steam. From what I've seen, it is pretty faithful overall. I'm not sure if I'll buy it (I'm still pissed over the "We don't give a damn what the fans want, we're turning FF7 into Kingdom Hearts!" crap), but it does look decent.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129392 on: December 13, 2017, 10:30:35 pm »

SF is in denial about the effects of wage disparity, and big business.

1:4 people are at risk of hunger there.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/dec/12/the-silicon-valley-paradox-one-in-four-people-are-at-risk-of-hunger

You expect a city that is deep in big techs pocket to do something other than find ways for the wealthy to avoid soiling their hands? Really?

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129393 on: December 13, 2017, 10:46:08 pm »

SF is in denial about the effects of wage disparity, and big business.

1:4 people are at risk of hunger there.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/dec/12/the-silicon-valley-paradox-one-in-four-people-are-at-risk-of-hunger

You expect a city that is deep in big techs pocket to do something other than find ways for the wealthy to avoid soiling their hands? Really?
The paradox of modern America. The richest country in the world but cant even feed its people. We are so stuck up our own ass with our grandiose proclamations and judgements we cant see the rottenness eating the heart out of the country.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #129394 on: December 14, 2017, 11:07:40 am »

It's the "That guy makes millions, why can't you?" problem. Because it is possible for anyone to go from nothing to millionaire with a good idea, hard work, and some luck people forget that its impossible for everyone to do that. Or at least makes it easy to just blame the poor for not getting rich on their own rather than actually try and solve the problems our country has.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #129395 on: December 14, 2017, 12:30:33 pm »

In this particular case, it is a housing problem. The article makes it quite clear that these people are having trouble affording food because the rent they have to pay is so astronomically high. The most effective way to alleviate the problem is to provide incentives for large-scale lower-cost housing, but the geography of that area makes most such options more impractical.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129396 on: December 14, 2017, 04:33:34 pm »

WTF how do you even wear slacks?!?

Bloody good thing I washed my chinos.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129397 on: December 14, 2017, 04:57:18 pm »

how do you even wear slacks?!?

very carefully.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129398 on: December 14, 2017, 04:59:26 pm »

Well - and this is complicated, so bear with me - you put them on one leg at a time.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129399 on: December 14, 2017, 05:09:48 pm »

Maybe if you're a scrub.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129400 on: December 14, 2017, 05:17:04 pm »

Maybe if you're a scrub.
Hey man, everyone's gotta start at scrub level.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #129401 on: December 14, 2017, 10:04:40 pm »

Go to bed, wake up 3 hours later. Some odd reason, my left ear has tinnitus that won't go away (In spite of sleeping another 2 hours). Everything coming through that ear is very slightly muffled.

No idea what I did in those three hours. Apparently shoved my finger right in my ear or something.
see an ear doctor, you may be loosing your hearing in that ear or you just fucked it up in your sleep and shoved earwax down the canal (hope your ear isn't permanently fucked up)
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129402 on: December 14, 2017, 10:22:46 pm »

I had a similar problem ~four months ago, but I can't offer much advice.  Showering helped me too.  It hurt for a long time.

I'd say "if only we had health care", except that when I did, and went to the hospital over something similar, they took my blood then gave me a shrug as answer.  And a bill.
I wouldn't normally be so dark, but I'm drinking.

The frustrating/scary deafness lasted about 2 weeks.  It's possible that salt-air helped, possibly not.

Have you tried a q-tip?  If the area was extremely sore, you have what I have - and I suggest not prodding at it.  I suspect I scratched a recovering area, increasing my recovery time.
So don't q-tip, is my advice.  Even though it feels full and yucky.  I guess wait for several days, fuck, fuck, it was awful and I dunno.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #129403 on: December 14, 2017, 11:07:51 pm »

During my English final, I induced a WTF myself. There was a part near the end where we were required to write five sentences containing certain structures, and there was also a pool of around 6 words on the white board, at least one of which we were required to use in each sentence as well. Since I was in a huge hurry, I just pulled some shit out of my ass without thinking about what I was writing, which resulted in the 5 sentences essentially forming some nonsensical short story by complete accident. I can't remember exactly how it went, but it went something like this:

1) While I was directing traffic in the wake of destruction left by the snowstorm, a bus, which was the color of mustard, crashed into a nearby bus stop

2) From then on, it was my responsibility to drive the children to school, as the regular driver was now waiting at a bus stop in the next dimension.

3) One of the kids on the bus legitimately thought that Half Life 3 would come out some day - this is an adequate enough introduction to the kind of person he was.

...I can't remember what the other two were, but they were probably something equally stupid.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #129404 on: December 14, 2017, 11:19:38 pm »

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 8625 8626 [8627] 8628 8629 ... 10983