Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8650 8651 [8652] 8653 8654 ... 10981

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13152132 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #129765 on: January 03, 2018, 09:32:51 pm »

Just wrote the date for the first time this year without batting an eye. Normally I hesitate for at least the first one or two times I have to do it in a new year.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #129766 on: January 03, 2018, 10:12:03 pm »

Thinking back on something that happened in 2012-ish.

Was wearing red and black vibram toe shoes. This girl at my trade school, kinda the tomb boy type, walks up and grabs one of my feet and inspects it while I balance on the other leg. Then she walks away.

Kinda hot.
Awesome With Autism

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #129767 on: January 03, 2018, 10:31:30 pm »

It might snow tonight.
Oh, neat. That led me to check the forecast. Lows in the sub-30s F over the next few days. Hadn't really noticed, heh. Might actually have vague need to dig out one of the blankets I've been using to functionally widen my mattress~

Lucky you. We're not going to hit 10 until Sunday. As a high. Sunday it's supposed to be a balmy 32.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129768 on: January 03, 2018, 11:23:33 pm »

tomb boy
Is that like... Hatshepsut, post-burial? O.o
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129769 on: January 03, 2018, 11:41:57 pm »

It might snow tonight.
Oh, neat. That led me to check the forecast. Lows in the sub-30s F over the next few days. Hadn't really noticed, heh. Might actually have vague need to dig out one of the blankets I've been using to functionally widen my mattress~

Lucky you. We're not going to hit 10 until Sunday. As a high. Sunday it's supposed to be a balmy 32.
Yea but down here we're not used to snow.  There is probably a single snowplow in the entire state, and even though it will likely only be a dusting even if it does snow, imagine a bunch of floridian drivers, already laughably bad, and introduce ice and snow.

I hear it already happened yesterday in Tallahassee.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #129770 on: January 03, 2018, 11:55:08 pm »

Oi, luck would be getting that for a bit. Sorta', since it'd probably kill people down here. The reactions of floridians to that sort of thing would be amazing, though.

... also I kinda' like the cold. Twenty below freezing would give me an excuse to wear layers for the first time in decades, plural.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129771 on: January 04, 2018, 02:08:50 am »

Shit, it has been frequently -3 with windchill of -11 on top of that for over 2 weeks here (granted, at night, but still.)  We have residents wanting to go out and smoke in that shit!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129772 on: January 04, 2018, 02:44:52 am »

Meanwhile in Australia, it'll be 41C on Saturday. That's 105F.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #129773 on: January 04, 2018, 03:14:27 am »

I'm so drunk on lack of sleep i can somehow actually draw. (No, not 42 hours+, i just dont do well even staying up one entire day lol)
Wow.
Welp, may as well make the first frame of Amnesiac by hand :D

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #129774 on: January 04, 2018, 03:25:17 am »

It's -14 Celsius/7 Fahrenheit in my part of Western Siberia. There's snow in the forest near my apartment block, but inside the actual city, there's snow mixed with mud and some chemical garbage gastarbeiters put into the snow THAT TURNS OUR CHILDREN GAY that supposed to make ice less slippery. In reality, it would be much better if our civil service stopped cleaning snow and tried to break the ice on the pathways and the actual roads. Hell, it's easier to walk on the ice when it's covered in snow.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129775 on: January 04, 2018, 03:33:43 am »

What the hell is wrong with calcium chloride and ordinary gravel?  That's what we use in the states.

(Calcium chloride will melt small pits in the icy surface, allowing the gravel to have recesses to stick in. The gravel gives the traction.)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #129776 on: January 04, 2018, 03:44:37 am »

What the hell is wrong with calcium chloride and ordinary gravel?  That's what we use in the states.

(Calcium chloride will melt small pits in the icy surface, allowing the gravel to have recesses to stick in. The gravel gives the traction.)

It's mostly that gastarbeiters are more focused on cleaning the snow than breaking the ice. I get that you can't totally clean up all of the ice in place like Siberia, but you could at least try to minimize the amount of ice!

But other than that, there's no nothing wrong with anti-ice chemicals aside of it mixing with the snow, making it look ugly.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129777 on: January 04, 2018, 04:02:17 am »

This is why I hate everything. Because of the poop emoji from emoji movie (which thankfully hasn't been on TV yet), poop-related toys are the new mega-growth segment.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/parenting/kids/why-poop-toys-for-kids-are-flying-off-the-shelves/news-story/633c767dbb6420a70d91eb8a1760061e

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #129778 on: January 04, 2018, 04:11:59 am »

oh god

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #129779 on: January 04, 2018, 05:01:54 am »

This is why I hate everything. Because of the poop emoji from emoji movie (which thankfully hasn't been on TV yet), poop-related toys are the new mega-growth segment.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/parenting/kids/why-poop-toys-for-kids-are-flying-off-the-shelves/news-story/633c767dbb6420a70d91eb8a1760061e

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Pages: 1 ... 8650 8651 [8652] 8653 8654 ... 10981