Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8659 8660 [8661] 8662 8663 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13187758 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #129900 on: January 11, 2018, 11:00:38 am »

Love, scriver~

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129901 on: January 11, 2018, 11:02:13 am »

Goood to be Kiiing
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129902 on: January 12, 2018, 05:46:50 pm »

Had a massive migraine today. I think the weather is to blame; it went from ~10°F to over 50°F in a day or two, and it's raining.

Also had to deal with three separate instances of people placing large racks or bins in a way that it blocks me from exiting my work area. I'm taking photographs of this every time it happens now. I just wish my phone puts timestamps on the pictures.

On a happier note, Planet Explorers got an unexpected update after a long while of being what people kept screaming "abandoned! and therefore sucks!" which is really just "content-complete, some remaining, difficult bugs left" due to staffing issues with the developer. Actually, I think I didn't expect it because they recently announced a new game(can't remember the name) and have stated that they're leaving PE alone because of it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #129903 on: January 12, 2018, 07:59:31 pm »

Had a massive migraine today. I think the weather is to blame; it went from ~10°F to over 50°F in a day or two, and it's raining.

better than over here, it went from 50 to 10 in the span of a few hours (this was after heavy rain, so EVERYONE got sent home early)
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #129904 on: January 12, 2018, 08:03:41 pm »

Pfft, scrubs.

My weather went from 10 two days back to 50 yesterday back down to 10 today.

Car doors were frozen shut this morning and there was a stupidly thick layer of ice on my back window.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129905 on: January 12, 2018, 08:36:19 pm »

Went from 20 degrees to 70 here over 3 days.  Today was really humid too - fortunately it started raining toward the end.
But it felt just like a summer shower, complete with occasional "For the next 30 seconds, everywhere is a waterfall - then back to a light shower".

in january
Welcome to Best Carolina!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #129906 on: January 12, 2018, 09:11:02 pm »

Best Carolina has the Best Weather. Ask anyone!
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129907 on: January 13, 2018, 02:41:41 am »

What the hell.

Today is one of those "Oh yeah, we are incompetent in our server back end, so we will schedule a FOUR HOUR maintenance window! ENJOY NOT GETTING YOUR WORK DONE!!" days.

Fine. I knew it was coming, and was trying, SO VERY HARD, to get things done before then.
Then my co-worker decides she needs to disappear for 2 hours. As in, cant find her anywhere.
Call lights going off like fucking firecrackers. I spend maybe... 10 minutes at the desk in that time.
Then it is time for rounds, and she shows up from gods only knows where.  She drags her ass the WHOLE TIME.
I tell her that I really need to hurry up, so that I can catch up the documentation. She accuses me of laziness, and asserts I should be done already.

WHAT THE EVER LOVING FUCK. 

I WOULD HAVE BEEN, IF YOU HADNT FOUND A CORNER TO FUCK OFF IN FOR TWO HOURS!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #129908 on: January 13, 2018, 03:23:23 am »

I just extracted an obscene mass of tree root, hair, and filth from one of the drains. O_o It's the most disgusting experience. Like extracting a bloody three foot long tape worm from some architectural gut.

On the plus side the wash basin drains now.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #129909 on: January 13, 2018, 03:30:23 am »

I just extracted an obscene mass of tree root, hair, and filth from one of the drains. O_o It's the most disgusting experience. Like extracting a bloody three foot long tape worm from some architectural gut.

On the plus side the wash basin drains now.
Interesting. What did it taste like?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #129910 on: January 13, 2018, 03:35:22 am »

An experiment that did not even cross my mind, I'm afraid. It was also boiling hot and caustic from cleaning the other side of the same drain, so I doubt I would have been able to taste much anyway.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129911 on: January 13, 2018, 03:38:59 am »

I doubt it would have been either safe to taste, nor appetizing anyway.  It sounds like the kind of thing I pour hot bleach on to chemically denaturate, the evolution of chloramine vapor be damned. That's what bathroom windows are for.

would not have done much to the tree roots (Their presence indicates a compromised lateral line, meaning you need sewer replacement), but it would have gotten rid of the hair and the funky nasty stuck inside it.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #129912 on: January 13, 2018, 05:05:43 am »

Fortunately, I know exactly where the roots intrude from. Unfortunately, they run under at least three metres of paving before jumping a short air gap to the drain, so I can't do anything about them.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129913 on: January 13, 2018, 05:39:01 am »

Well, I just woke up from a dream involving War Thunder, Chinese tanks, and bears.

Spoiler: Dream Details (click to show/hide)
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129914 on: January 13, 2018, 05:44:19 am »

Nice little report on holes in computer security.

Well, I just woke up from a dream involving War Thunder, Chinese tanks, and bears.

Spoiler: Dream Details (click to show/hide)

Funny thing, the War Thunder board on Steam is what pointed me to the vulnerability report above. Also, I'm pretty sure that they ARE adding Chinese tanks at some point.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 8659 8660 [8661] 8662 8663 ... 10983