Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8691 8692 [8693] 8694 8695 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13205570 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #130380 on: January 30, 2018, 06:49:50 pm »

Man, the graphics on FPS games are getting realistic ... too realistic.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130381 on: January 30, 2018, 06:54:16 pm »

A Jesus-freak relative of mine just shared a photo  on social media with the caption (paraphrased) "I bet you won't share this 'cause yo too embarrassed to have Jesus on yo wall". It is a photo of Obi Wan Kenobi. Classic, right?
The thing is, this girl has been known to share various Jesus and God-related posts in the past with an entirely straight face. Did she actually just get tricked by this? Does she not recognise Ewan McGregor? Has she somehow not seen The Phantom Menace?!

I am not sure whether to laugh, scream or cry.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130382 on: January 30, 2018, 08:05:29 pm »

A Jesus-freak relative of mine just shared a photo  on social media with the caption (paraphrased) "I bet you won't share this 'cause yo too embarrassed to have Jesus on yo wall". It is a photo of Obi Wan Kenobi. Classic, right?
The thing is, this girl has been known to share various Jesus and God-related posts in the past with an entirely straight face. Did she actually just get tricked by this? Does she not recognise Ewan McGregor? Has she somehow not seen The Phantom Menace?!

I actually got some people with that one, it's been going around lol.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #130383 on: January 30, 2018, 08:47:15 pm »

Please do not quote:

I've been scared at work lately, on account of the small matter that nobody wants to listen to me about very important things.
Bad things will happen if they don't do these things, and there's a bus coming several people would happily throw me under.

So I've been talking to my boss, the head lawyer of this thing. He's been telling me to document to CYA and apologized for not quite being there.
I've been basically relegated to nothingness by those on the local level. He bluntly said, they'd fire me if they could. They can't.
It's odd they'd try seeing as how I was never their employee, although they gave me a fake job description saying I was.
Funny how they'd alter a document like that in an effort to shoo me away from things....
My 0 budget, 0 information access, 0 job security, 0 information access butt has been worked straight off. Boss knows this, says this to me.
He also provides some topcover.... "Advisory, not authoritative means you don't have liability." Hum. Interesting coming from top lawyer guy....
I am cleaning up 20 years of run amuck. Timing is horrid, as my boss will be replaced in 1 year, give or take. I have been resisted, a lot.

Today, boss offered, "I think I found a way to make this easier for you. How about we get you some training, certification, and materials? There's a class so you can put more letters after your name?"
*Raises head up, hoping it doesn't get shot off* "Yes, please?" He's also getting legal opinions from outside counsel that supports what I'm saying....

Could he actually be showing the first ray of some hope? Am I not going to be running scared for another job to get the heck out of there anymore?

While I see offering to pay for certifications as promising, I also would like to nail down exactly where Boss sees me going (continuing here, taking action against some questionable practices,  etc)?

Please do not quote:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 08:56:11 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #130384 on: January 30, 2018, 08:58:29 pm »

Well... bankrolled certification usually can't be a bad thing even if it's a prelude to getting jettisoned, so... good luck? I guess?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130385 on: January 30, 2018, 09:03:37 pm »

Bad things as in "People will die." bad? Or more like laws get broken and go to jail bad?

Sounds like you're in a really shitty legal pretzel of a situation. Hopefully you'll find a way to legally unpretzelify it. :D

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130386 on: January 30, 2018, 09:04:48 pm »

She probably hasn't seen the Phantom Menace at all. Lots of people haven't. I mean, it's not one of those films that everyone says "omg you haven't seen Phantom Menace?? Let me put it on for you!" is it now? Even the "how to watch Star Wars" guides recommend omitting that movie completely. I've met people who never saw any of the films, one girl for example who  started with Phantom Menace because it was "episode 1" then dropped the whole thing because it sucked. Not everyone is crazy for sci-fi.

On a related note, I saw a dude with a great T-shirt the other day. This one:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 09:14:05 pm by Reelya »

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #130387 on: January 30, 2018, 09:50:23 pm »

I'm hoping it's not that.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 08:47:50 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130388 on: January 31, 2018, 12:21:36 am »

Any particular industry you're talking about with those regulation stuff or do you just mean government in general? Just wondering out of curiosity.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130389 on: January 31, 2018, 12:30:57 am »

The level of cockblockery and "Oh noes! OUR ABILITY TO DO DIRTY BACKROOM DEALS!! We must fight against this at all costs! Find some way to blame the oversight rep for EVERYTHING!! (So we can go back to hiring our incompetent nephews for everything as a means of government paid life support for our illegitimate progeny, etc.)" suggests very strongly that this is at the State Government, or City Government levels.

EG, "They done F'ed up", now they get an oversight representative from higher up (Because they wasted either state level or federal level resources with their escapades, and got caught), they hate every second of every minute of every day that the oversight rep is there, because the oversight rep keeps reminding them that THEY CANNOT DO THINGS THE WAY THEY DID BEFORE, BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL-- which is something they absolutely DO NOT want to accept, no matter what-- so they look to find ways to get the oversight rep implicated in the dirty affairs they will assuredly be STILL DOING (because that kind of shit is exactly what they got into government for in the first place, that and being "in charge", which an oversight rep reminds them that they do in fact, still have superiors, which they hate.) so that they can get rid of the oversight rep, and then go back to wasting resources for personal and familial gain, the way they used to back when things were "Good."

Just stick in there Truean. Make sure your performance is unimpeachable-- Document *EVERYTHING* these people do. If they replace you, they will have to replace you with another appointed counsel for oversight reasons.  If they DO replace you, you will have all that dirt you can just hand right over to your replacement, and these jackwads will not get away with anything.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130390 on: January 31, 2018, 01:28:17 am »

Waah, that's a Dalek.
From Doctor Who.

And R2D2 is from Star Wars. People really should not buy clothing if they do not know what is written or portrayed on them.
They should instead buy clothing they know the meaning of, or clothing without texts and images.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130391 on: January 31, 2018, 01:33:31 am »

Waah, that's a Dalek.
From Doctor Who.

And R2D2 is from Star Wars. People really should not buy clothing if they do not know what is written or portrayed on them.
They should instead buy clothing they know the meaning of, or clothing without texts and images.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130392 on: January 31, 2018, 02:01:17 am »

no that's R2-D2

from star trek

can't you two read????
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130393 on: January 31, 2018, 02:02:57 am »

Yeah, he totally pilots the shuttle craft and shit. ;) (there is a special place in hell for me, I can tell.)

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130394 on: January 31, 2018, 02:04:14 am »

Yeah, he's one of the Cylons, right?
Pages: 1 ... 8691 8692 [8693] 8694 8695 ... 10984