Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8736 8737 [8738] 8739 8740 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12995928 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #131055 on: February 21, 2018, 12:08:03 pm »

... the place is gorgeous... I am aware that this picture likely ommits the bad parts... but even then... the place is gorgeous  :o
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #131056 on: February 21, 2018, 12:10:20 pm »

Went to the Starbucks the other day. Ordered a large Dark Roast.

Barista in charge told me had to brew it.....oooooooooooooooook. It's Starbucks, you're supposed to do coffee but whatever.

There's like 8 people working the counter, each doing one specific thing. I see them mixing bright neon cocktail looking things, and having three minute long conversations with people about how much non-sugar pumpkin spice they want in their latte.

20 fucking minutes later, I go back to the counter. He's like "Can I help you sir?"

"Yes, I'd like the coffee I ordered 20 minutes ago."

YOU MAKE FUCKING COFFEE FOR A LIVING STARBUCKS. IT SHOULD HAVE TAKEN 2 FUCKING MINUTES.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131057 on: February 21, 2018, 01:13:04 pm »

You don't go to Starbucks for coffee, you go to Starbucks for candy in liquid form.

That tastes really bloody awful.

Really, really bad candy.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131058 on: February 21, 2018, 01:14:56 pm »

Holy shit, went and bought a replacement router.  Cause the old one was randomly giving tons of problems out of nowhere. 
Apparently there is something wrong with it out of the box.  After about half an hour of it working smoothly, it started to reboot itself into infinity.  180 bucks for a piece of crap. 
Updated the firmware, hope that permanently fixes it.
Netgear R7000p
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #131059 on: February 21, 2018, 01:16:07 pm »

There was frozen sleet a few days ago, and now there are upside-down icicles coming from the ground.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #131060 on: February 21, 2018, 03:15:25 pm »

... the place is gorgeous... I am aware that this picture likely ommits the bad parts... but even then... the place is gorgeous  :o

That is super beautious. Living there would almost be worth living in a city named after a dumb month pun.
Love, scriver~

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131061 on: February 21, 2018, 03:30:29 pm »

There was frozen sleet a few days ago, and now there are upside-down icicles coming from the ground.

Ice version of a stalagmite.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #131062 on: February 21, 2018, 03:33:27 pm »

Ice version of a stalagmite.

Icimite
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #131063 on: February 21, 2018, 03:51:15 pm »

That is super beautious. Living there would almost be worth living in a city named after a dumb month pun.
I don't understand what you mean by pun, but the city's actual name is São Sebastião do Rio de Janeiro (St. Sebastian of the River of January), named so because it was officially founded (there were already colonists living in the region, it just wasn't recognized as a settlement) in the month of January, next to a river, and dedicated to the catholic saint Sebastian. The Portuguese are literal like that.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #131064 on: February 22, 2018, 12:31:09 am »

I don't understand what you mean by pun, but the city's actual name is São Sebastião do Rio de Janeiro (St. Sebastian of the River of January), named so because it was officially founded (there were already colonists living in the region, it just wasn't recognized as a settlement) in the month of January, next to a river, and dedicated to the catholic saint Sebastian. The Portuguese are literal like that.

Sorry, I was referencing my Rio de Febreiro joke.

I wasn't actually aware Janeiro literally meant January. I just made the pun of it sounding like January, and February being a "neighbouring city".
Love, scriver~

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #131065 on: February 22, 2018, 12:49:27 am »

Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131066 on: February 22, 2018, 04:18:33 pm »

So, I can get a decent amount of sleep, awaken on time and head straight to work after a quick breakfast and perhaps a shower, and still wind up terribly late.

Today, after having lain awake all night thinking about far-fetched scenarios and painful memories I hadn't really thought of in years, I barely managed to wake up after my alarm dragged me out of the hard-fought sleep I had finally won, dithered groggily about for a while procrastinating before heading off and making a four-stop train detour to purchase breakfast from my favourite bakery, and somehow I am extremely early.

There is truly no logic to be found in my strange and meaningless existence.
Actually I think it is mostly just due to me being too clean to need a shower and too tired to bother with a home-cooked breakfast this morning, but I started writing this post and had to commit, you know? This doesn't mean my existence is logical, not by any means.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #131067 on: February 22, 2018, 05:31:26 pm »

The relation between one's perceived passage of time and the actual passage of time is that there isn't one.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #131068 on: February 23, 2018, 01:12:09 am »

Pandora just decided to play one of the worst covers I've ever heard. Taking a fairly melancholy tune and turning it into a fairly peppy and upbeat version (which I can't find on Youtube) is pretty obnoxious.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #131069 on: February 23, 2018, 07:49:31 am »

Eh... depends on how well it's done. Good music is good music, even if it horrifically violates the themes of what it was based off of. Sometimes especially when it does that :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 8736 8737 [8738] 8739 8740 ... 10973