Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8739 8740 [8741] 8742 8743 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13177495 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #131100 on: February 25, 2018, 03:29:12 pm »

Basically, she wants to be able to delete anything she's written in a hurry if she needs to. If someone's quoted her, she can't get at that person's post.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131101 on: February 25, 2018, 04:22:43 pm »

Basically, she wants to be able to delete anything she's written in a hurry if she needs to. If someone's quoted her, she can't get at that person's post.

Ah, playing it safe, I see. Well, I don't post much about my personal life on these forums anyway, so I guess it's not a concern for me.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 07:18:20 pm by bloop_bleep »
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131102 on: February 25, 2018, 04:43:41 pm »

I just made and ate a whole bowl of rice, trying to remember what I added that made it brown.  And vaguely happy that it tasted like the panang curry from last night.

I finally remembered adding like half a cup of peanut butter powder to one cup of rice.  I feel asleep.  Basically pulled an all-nighter, and it's catching up now hard heh.  Fortunately I got stuff done this morning, now I only have to cancel going to an Ingress thing at an expensive restaurant.  Saving money feels good.

also my housemate helpfully insisted that my Egyptian white rice was actually whole grain and always turned brown like that, lol
I think he's sleepy too
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #131103 on: February 25, 2018, 05:50:32 pm »

Wait, people didn't know that Goodkind is a massive cunt who publishes the same shitty sociopolitical tracts disguised as novels over and over?

I just want to start making goodkind puns all over at this

also  @Sirus did the colour of your avatar change?
Love, scriver~

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131104 on: February 25, 2018, 05:57:25 pm »

I don't believe it did, no. I didn't change anything about it anyway.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #131105 on: February 25, 2018, 11:54:13 pm »

Please do not quote:

Sunday night job offer from old boss.... Because I know nothing and am impossible to work with.... I am sick, actually sick. Multiple long hours will do that to you. 
I feel I was hired as a sacrificial lamb; get me out of here. This is my only day off in forever, plus I am actually sick.

Please do not quote:
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131106 on: February 26, 2018, 02:29:08 am »

@truean: I'd say take that freefall and go all Thor's Hammer with it on those former (well, the just former, not former-former) employers. You know, make lemonade out of legal lemons or something.

Hopefully changing back to the old boss (nice that they're willing to take you in) helps ya recover.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #131107 on: February 26, 2018, 02:35:33 am »

Hell, if you've been doing that much work it's pretty obvious they're gonna fall apart rather quickly once you leave. Now I don't know exactly what kind of person are you, but me, I'd gleefuly watch it all burn because the fuckers clearly didn't appreciate what they had.

My WTF on this extremely early morning (I have no idea what's been waking me up this stupidly early for the past couple of days) is that I got a job! It's not huge in terms of workload or pay but it's fun stuff and actually something I'm good at since it'll be mostly me doing sketches. And I applied only yesterday too! Usually I never even get a damn reply :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131108 on: February 26, 2018, 07:37:37 am »

Jopax is probably right about a business being on its last legs if they're having people work harder than slaves.

In any case, witness the true horror of a Tzeentchian ritual!
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131109 on: February 26, 2018, 01:42:29 pm »

Found out what the problem with the toilet was, as I expected it was the flapper at the bottom of the tank not closing completely. Parents told me not to bother about buying a replacement flapper, because the last time they bought parts for it(likely a whole fill valve assembly) it cost them over $35(they claim). They were going to fix it by placing a weight on top of the flapper.

Preferring to do things correctly, I went out and ended up getting the entire replacement kit for $15(+tax), less then half of what they claimed it cost them, even less than I expected.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #131110 on: February 26, 2018, 02:39:42 pm »

Good thing you bought the whole replacement assembly, if the flapper was acting up there is a good chance the float valve wasn't in good shape either.

We used to carry 2-3 of those kits in the van when I did drain cleaning. It is amazing how often people call a drain cleaner when they should have called a plumber and vice versa. Also amazing how often you get called out to plunge a toilet  :-\

(Drain cleaning, meaning using a machine that forces out a rotating cable with a cutter head on it to clear line obstructions. We had machines ranging from tiny 1/4 inch cables, to huge 3/4 inch power-feed machines that could break your arm if you screwed up, and lets not talk about the water turbine cutter.)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131111 on: February 26, 2018, 10:05:50 pm »

Huh, i just read about an Melrose Place actress Jamie Luner accused of performing a sex act on a minor boy back in the day.
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/celebrities-gone-bad/melrose-place-star-jamie-luner-accused-of-sexual-misconduct/news-story/0f044d97e28039e628e63c69d5475fe2

Funnily enough, not a single one of the typical moral guardians who are all over the #metoo thing are running the story. No CNN, MSNBC, Huffington Post, Guardian stories on this one at all. However, it's pretty clear the guy came forward because of the #metoo thing. There are at least two other stories I know about involving female sex predators in hollywood or the music business, which have been similarly ignored (Allison Mack was one, Melanie Martinez was the other, both are accused of sexual assault by other women. While both stories got a bit of coverage, papers like the Guardian that are typical all over #metoo accusations have refused to cover the stories whatsoever).

Basically, if you're a lesbian in Hollywood who's assaulted by another woman, then the media hyping up #metoo doesn't have your back. They'll just bury the story completely, since there's no man to accuse. Which makes them look a little hypocritical when claiming this is all about supporting victims. You really can't claim to be all about supporting victims when you selectively throw some victims under the bus, because they accused the wrong people.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 10:20:49 pm by Reelya »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131112 on: February 27, 2018, 03:22:33 am »

... Or they just think that a story like that wouldn't sell eyeballs.

Doesn't have to be malicious feminism striking again, dude.

Not everything does.

Alternatively, they don't think it has enough backing to be certain, and don't want to run the story and have to retract it later. Your article was reprinted from The Sun, and the other top hit for "Jamie Lamar Assault" is a Breitbart article.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 03:26:12 am by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131113 on: February 27, 2018, 03:26:17 am »

... Or they just think that a story like that wouldn't sell eyeballs.

Doesn't have to be malicious feminism striking again, dude.

Not everything does.

The *reason* it doesn't sell eyeballs it partly because of malicious feminism. Nobody wants to hear about a woman sexually harassing a boy because it's apparently sexist to say that anyone but a woman can be a victim.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #131114 on: February 27, 2018, 03:30:36 am »

It doesn't sell eyeballs because the majority already have negative opinions on the party involved, so it wouldn't be "shocking". We've seen countless of stories of women sexually harassing boys.

It can be both malicious feminism and anti-feminism.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 8739 8740 [8741] 8742 8743 ... 10983