Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8741 8742 [8743] 8744 8745 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13006857 times)

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #131130 on: February 27, 2018, 08:48:04 pm »

Truean:  Now's your chance.  Play video games.

Yeah, probably something like Flower, or Journey rather than Binding of Isaac but it is up to you ultimately.

Billy

• Bay Watcher
  • 2495 2837 1566
    • View Profile
« Reply #131131 on: February 28, 2018, 12:25:07 am »

Yeah get the white robes and just play the level with the dunes and sand surf so much fun.
The level with the flower in it from the game flower.
The feel of how the characters move and surf the sand is great. Like how the Avatar (cartoon) would be able to move.
Sadly no games have mixed such beautiful flowing movement with a adapted combat system.
Wait... im not supposed to be here.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131132 on: February 28, 2018, 05:18:17 pm »

Apparently I'm the only one having problems with the "new" way of doing things. However, instead of doing anything reasonable such as realizing it wasn't working and fixing it, the store manager went full Nazi and told everyone to either deal with it or leave. Then he fired one of the Spanish women(who had been employed with company for 7 years) for speaking out of turn. The part that's really weird is that she was somehow back working a few minutes later; based on my very limited understanding of Spanish, my guess is she went to the visiting district manager(who largely started this mess), I assume threatened to sue for discrimination, and he relented and overrode the store manager.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #131133 on: February 28, 2018, 08:15:13 pm »

please do not quote

For whatever it's worth. I wish that didn't happen. Sounds awful.

It is just frankly terrible that we're only focusing on "results" expected (created god knows how). There's dignity, decency, and several other things missing today. It's very odd to me. In the early 2000s, I had the feeling that if you kept your head down and did your job, people would leave you alone. Today, that appears to be less the case.

Everyone wants what everyone wants. That's literally impossible. It's part of my fear of how technology is progressing.
Simply, it should make the average, and every, person's life better, not worse: star trek, not blade runner.

Specifically in your case, endure as best you can. I avoid saying "I'm sorry" because somehow an expression of empathy has become an admission of guilt. Sign of the times.....

Do what you can; hang in there. Know you are not alone; people here, at least, care. We may not be able to do much about it, but all the same. It is something.

I think I might have to. Though I am honestly just laying in bed resting my eyes a lot. Also, watching some of the star trek shows. I love how they applied technology. Even in the face of some real problems, and while bending some major rules, they at least tried and I think that's a major thing.

[/quote]
I'm not sure I know what that is. I have Skyrim and finally a computer that can actually play it.... The scenery is beautiful. The game itself isn't bad either overall.

Overall, it's a stressful time. Thank you all. I appreciate the idea of actually having some kind of sounding board/friends.

Drained, I liked creativity that is now tiring. I am at once sorely needed, and told not needed, because I am not a genie in a bottle. I'm simply a decent enough person who is tired of fighting, rather needlessly. People fight, there's rarely a point. They don't accomplish their goals that way or at all. It's destructive, not constructive.

My decency is seen as weakness. Don't they see? It isn't a war, or a gun, or force that's to be feared here. It's paper, several well written pieces of paper saying things that will not be good on them. Medical, legal, etc, these are the incredibly important things. Force, posturing, and "fronting" doesn't help when someone or something comes knocking.

Please do not quote:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 08:26:28 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #131134 on: February 28, 2018, 08:41:50 pm »

On a completely different subject, what kind of restaurant needs a 21 page menu?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #131135 on: February 28, 2018, 09:01:33 pm »

The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131136 on: February 28, 2018, 09:10:11 pm »

One that caters to those with poor eyesight, using extremely large print.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #131137 on: February 28, 2018, 09:28:58 pm »

That's the odd thing. The print was small and hard to read. They just had something like 300 menu items.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #131138 on: February 28, 2018, 09:33:37 pm »

Well we need more context to this. What kind of restaurant was this?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #131139 on: February 28, 2018, 09:38:16 pm »

Apparently one with a significant appreciation of variety. Either that or it was multilingual and decided to jam all of it into one menu.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #131140 on: February 28, 2018, 09:39:07 pm »

Are you sure it wasn't a grocery store?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #131141 on: February 28, 2018, 10:22:25 pm »

Well we need more context to this. What kind of restaurant was this?

Someplace I'd seen on TV but don't have locally. The Cheesecake factory. I exepected two pages of cheesecakes, two or three pages of entrees, and two pages of drinks and appetizers. The menu (about the size of a typical novel, with maybe 10 point font) was thicker than my allest finger.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131142 on: February 28, 2018, 11:50:57 pm »

What was the ratio of cheesecake to not cheesecake in this gigantic menu? If it was mostly cheesecake, then that sounds reasonable. Cheesecake is pretty versatile.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131143 on: March 01, 2018, 12:06:22 am »

Oh good, Youtube ads think I'm Spanish again.

No idea why, beyond using Duolingo a bit almost a year ago... to learn Spanish?
I want to trust in our algorithm overlords, someday, but not yet.  Someday, though.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #131144 on: March 01, 2018, 12:07:57 am »

I intend to go vegetarian soon, and dropped by the hippy aisle at the local supermarket to pick up various soy products to ease the transition (y'know, soysages and such.)

They didn't have a single solid soy product in the whole section. The part of the aisle labeled "soy" was mainly full of almond milk for some reason.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 8741 8742 [8743] 8744 8745 ... 10974