Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8792 8793 [8794] 8795 8796 ... 9816

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 5887165 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #131895 on: March 27, 2018, 09:01:31 pm »

Deltora Quest is the series where three people are going around looking for gems that fit into a belt, isn't it? There was a second series with a similar premise but it's been ages since I read them.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #131896 on: March 27, 2018, 09:02:34 pm »

Ah, Deltora Quest: The australian series that still inexplicably has an anime adaptation.

Wait, wasn't that the book where the kids gave a chemistry book to a bunch of chakram throwing alien elephants and thus inadvertently gave the bad guys the knowledge to create guns which they then used to shoot gods? And Arthur got a blood transfusion from a random girl in a very unsafe manner while Merlin watched?

No? It's about a belt.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #131897 on: March 27, 2018, 09:21:53 pm »

Ah, Deltora Quest: The australian series that still inexplicably has an anime adaptation.

Wait, wasn't that the book where the kids gave a chemistry book to a bunch of chakram throwing alien elephants and thus inadvertently gave the bad guys the knowledge to create guns which they then used to shoot gods? And Arthur got a blood transfusion from a random girl in a very unsafe manner while Merlin watched?
That's just making me think of "A Road Less Travelled By" or something like that. Turns out FTL travel is easy and we just missed the thing, the problem is it breaks reality to such a degree it can't be rationalised by any scientific method, so science tends to grind to a halt after it's discovered. Except on Earth. We never discovered it, so our science never ground to a halt. Some aliens come along, realise we don't have FTL travel, think "Oh boy, this'll be easy!" and invade. With muskets. They promptly get wrecked by our ballistic missiles and such, and we nab some of their ships to work out how they go FTL.

A neat idea, but it isn't Turtledove's best work.

On a different subject, I watched the new Roseanne earlier. Was far better than I was afraid it would be.
My new 3.5 D&D campaign. Now Recruiting!
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131898 on: March 27, 2018, 09:30:35 pm »

That's just making me think of "A Road Less Travelled By" or something like that. Turns out FTL travel is easy and we just missed the thing, the problem is it breaks reality to such a degree it can't be rationalised by any scientific method, so science tends to grind to a halt after it's discovered. Except on Earth. We never discovered it, so our science never ground to a halt. Some aliens come along, realise we don't have FTL travel, think "Oh boy, this'll be easy!" and invade. With muskets. They promptly get wrecked by our ballistic missiles and such, and we nab some of their ships to work out how they go FTL.

Is that the one where one of the member species only talks in ultrasonic and thus outside the range of everybody elses hearing and everybody else needs special translation for that species?

The Moonlit Shadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131899 on: March 27, 2018, 09:33:08 pm »

No? It's about a belt.
That name reminds me of some random books I found one day when I was looking for something nostalgic one day.

That was such a hazy memory, I'm not sure it's even real.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • Itís shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #131900 on: March 27, 2018, 09:34:40 pm »

No? It's about a belt.
That name reminds me of some random books I found one day when I was looking for something nostalgic one day.

That was such a hazy memory, I'm not sure it's even real.
I bizarrely feel that way about animated shorts.

I do know the cat came back and 1300ccs is real, though. Both also very funny, and quite morbid.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

Japa

• Bay Watcher
  • Spoopy time!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131901 on: March 27, 2018, 10:18:58 pm »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #131902 on: March 27, 2018, 10:26:19 pm »

When you find your ten year old main character in deadly battle with, and I quote, "acornholio", it's time to re-bury memories of bevis and butthead and stop playing for the night.

Popolocrois is the name of the game. This not long after I've murdered chipmunks squirrels brown mice for their nuts. What the hell are you doing, game.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131903 on: March 27, 2018, 10:28:30 pm »

I bizarrely feel that way about animated shorts.
And the old meme videos from places like Weebls Stuff. It exists in a sort of delusional haze.

Did I hear Weebl's Stuff?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131904 on: March 27, 2018, 11:45:25 pm »

Popolocrois is the name of the game. This not long after I've murdered chipmunks squirrels brown mice for their nuts. What the hell are you doing, game.
Oh man, I loved that game!
'Twas so long ago that I can barely remember it, but from what I recall it was a timeless mix of action, fantasy and a sort of storybook quality. Unfortunately, tragically, I never got to finish it, thanks to a freak accident: I was sitting in the passenger's seat of my mother's car, parked in this small town whilst she was in a cafe buying coffee.
I had just either finished a section of the game or given up on it in frustration, and was switching games. I was playing on PSP, and had just put the other game in and left Popolocrois's UMD (I think that's what they were called, it's been a while) on the dash for a moment when my mother opened the door and impatiently handed me the coffee.
As she circled the car to get in on the other side so we could continue our journey, I took a sip. That one, fateful sip. Those maniacs in that Landsborough cafe had a habit of making ridiculously hot coffee, but this was a whole new level even for them. That coffee was fucking boiling.
Having taken a decent spwig (somewhere between a sip and a swig), I naturally expelled it as quickly as possible before it could do permanent damage and burn out every nerve-ending and tastebud in my mouth, leaving me to live out my days in bland tastelessness - expelled it all over the dash. I wasn't so worried about the game's case, cover and instruction book being soaked with coffee, but the disc had been sitting there too, with the readable side facing up, no less.

Long story short, I tried various methods of cleaning the coffee out from inside that weird UMD case, but nothing worked. Not sure if I googled how to open A UMD case or not - I probably lacked the tools and know-how. Pretty sure I bent the case irreparably out of shape with my frantic attempts to squeeze a tissue around in there to dry the disc.

This was before I had Bay12 to vent to about such distressing occurrences, too, so I guess it must have just eaten away at me inside for quite some time, whenever I went to grab my PSP or tried to decide on a game to play.
Maybe someday I should emulate it, but it's just not the same.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131905 on: March 27, 2018, 11:51:09 pm »

Do you still have the UMD?

You can get replacement empty cases. :P  They can be popped apart, and the optical disc part can be cleaned and transplanted.

*Still has his PHAT PSP. Still works. Good stuff on vacation.
(Custom firmware, and a really huge SD card (Yes, I know it uses memorystick duo. There are adapters. I have a 256gb microSDcard inside an adapter. GOOD TIMES) with all my PSX collection and retrogames on it. Much fun to be had on roadtrips. Before somebody complains about piracy, look bros-- When I own the physical discs/cartridges, I fail to see how it is piracy. These are format shifted.)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 12:06:32 am by wierd »

Sentient Bowtie

• Bay Watcher
  • ...For that is your fate. The fate of the cursed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131906 on: March 28, 2018, 12:10:49 am »

[tragic snip]
If you do decide to go the emulation route, I recommend PPSSPP. It's been great for me so far.
So far two babies have been born as a result from all the close action in the barracks.
You can't fuck a cartoon because cartoons are in two dimensions and you'd slice your dick off due to having touched the incredibly slight area of contact with any amount of force.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131907 on: March 28, 2018, 01:02:24 am »

Auto-complete on my local bus planner thinks I want to go to California. I didn't realize they were running an amphibious bus service. Selecting it tells me that no bus services are currently running & a route map with 2 markers floating in empty space.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131908 on: March 28, 2018, 01:06:02 am »

Do you still have the UMD?
-helpfulsnip-
I do still have the UMD, somewhere in storage - however I no longer have a PSP. I will file this info away for possible future use nonetheless, though! Thanks.

I figured there would probably be replacement shells available somewhere, even if the format never really took off.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #131909 on: March 28, 2018, 05:19:54 am »

Wow, now we have an Asian spambot. Anyone can identify the language?
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

A Viking's Tale - Come and plunder!

I'm not as active as I've used to be on the forums, but I'll still visit it.
Pages: 1 ... 8792 8793 [8794] 8795 8796 ... 9816