Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8808 8809 [8810] 8811 8812 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13186315 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #132135 on: March 28, 2018, 08:04:09 pm »

You can't just post that and not tell us the song
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132136 on: March 28, 2018, 08:17:39 pm »

Heard a strangle nostalgic song in a random playlist that brought me to tears.
strangle song
about strangling, presumably
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #132137 on: March 28, 2018, 08:25:23 pm »

It’s the song that was playing when she first killed.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #132138 on: March 28, 2018, 08:26:05 pm »

Just Wrap your hands around my neck
It's what I need and should expect
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132139 on: March 28, 2018, 08:29:22 pm »

Ah, you always remember your first time. In unnecessarily exacting detail. Rather annoying, really. Like, does it really matter what color the damn curtains were that day, brain!?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #132140 on: March 28, 2018, 08:30:25 pm »

Ah, you always remember your first time. In unnecessarily exacting detail. Rather annoying, really. Like, does it really matter what color the damn curtains were that day, brain!?
Depends what you were doing with the curtains, clarty beggar.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132141 on: March 28, 2018, 08:36:17 pm »

Pretty sure one of Cannibal Corpse's hit singles was something along those lines? I'm not a fan, though, so I dunno.

Edit: oh great, accidental pageroll. And I don't have any pressing wtfs that I can think of - wait, oh yeah.
It's funny how you can be starving, in a bit of a rush and just going to do some exercise before having a meal, and that's when inspiration strikes so you have to postpone everything and write.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 08:39:23 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132142 on: March 28, 2018, 08:38:40 pm »

Well, yes, if they were red they would have helped hide the blood a bit better, but I think anyone would have been able to tell there was a body wrapped up in there anyway.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132143 on: March 28, 2018, 08:39:23 pm »

You always remember the first time you go over each morality threshold.  Or maybe that's only true for morality 6-7.  If you go far enough, you might forget all the rest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrOJ33KkzX4
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132144 on: March 28, 2018, 11:48:08 pm »

Today I spoke to a man born and raised in London, or tried to anyway, because apparently he had great difficulty understanding what I was saying. He told me that I have a 'thick midwestern accent' but it only comes out 'every now and again when you don't seem to think so much about what you'll say.' I could understand this guy just fine (although his accent was also pretty noticeable) but apparently it was a struggle the other way round until I made a deliberate effort to speak more deliberately. I asked my more local friends about it later, and they said basically the same thing - I slip into a 'country' way of speaking when I'm more at ease.

The people here don't sound perceptibly different from my hometown (in Central Ohio) but apparently they can hear the difference - I'll have to listen more closely next time I visit. I'm not too concerned, it was just kinda funny. That, and the fact that the foreigner perceived as 'Midwestern,' a manner of speaking that the locals (of Toledo) perceive as 'country.'
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132145 on: March 28, 2018, 11:57:34 pm »

Today I spoke to a man born and raised in London, or tried to anyway, because apparently he had great difficulty understanding what I was saying. He told me that I have a 'thick midwestern accent' but it only comes out 'every now and again when you don't seem to think so much about what you'll say.' I could understand this guy just fine (although his accent was also pretty noticeable) but apparently it was a struggle the other way round until I made a deliberate effort to speak more deliberately. I asked my more local friends about it later, and they said basically the same thing - I slip into a 'country' way of speaking when I'm more at ease.

The people here don't sound perceptibly different from my hometown (in Central Ohio) but apparently they can hear the difference - I'll have to listen more closely next time I visit. I'm not too concerned, it was just kinda funny. That, and the fact that the foreigner perceived as 'Midwestern,' a manner of speaking that the locals (of Toledo) perceive as 'country.'
Strange, Midwestern accents tend toward the more generic American sounding side.
-Michigander

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132146 on: March 28, 2018, 11:59:34 pm »

*Being from kansas, I have a midwestern accent, tinted with slight overtones of Oklahoma and northern Akransas accents. I can *REALLY* lay on the drawl if I want to. lol.

*Reminded of the brief tenure I had doing phone support for NetApp. I actually loved getting support calls from Britain. The total "Dont give a fuck" they exuded over network problems was very refreshing. Not nearly as awesome as Aussies, but still fun. People in the US? Shit, aliens, ghosts, chupacabra, and ragnarok could have all been happening all at once for how apoplectic they were over minor things, because their bosses are douche canoes. UK and AU?  Nope. Total chill. Server rack could be on fire, and they would calmly reach for a CO2 extinguisher.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 12:11:11 am by wierd »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132147 on: March 29, 2018, 04:26:38 am »

You can't just post that and not tell us the song
Sorry, but I really don't know what it's called. I found it in the ost files of a random VN I was trying to download a few months back.

I don't know what the VN was either, as I'd already deleted it.

If it has lyrics/vocals, can you try posting some of those?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #132148 on: March 29, 2018, 11:02:33 am »

Sometimes I wish we still had the rage thread. The Royal Mail are really fucking with me for some reason. First I had USPS telling me they left my package with a neighbour, not telling who they left it with or really any other detail besides. Royal Mail decided to one up them in dickheadishness, after I caught them in the act of leaving me a bloody letter telling me I wasn't at home - when I blatantly was. Instead of knocking on my door, they left the bloody letter, and as soon as I heard the letterbox shut I sped to the door to find the mailman had already left. Whilst arranging the redelivery I noticed that the mailman left the date of delivery blank, and put the date of delivery as yesterday, despite me seeing him put it in my postbox two hours ago. In other words, he's covering his own tracks, which probably explains why in lieu of putting his initials in the delivery form, he put a 2 year old's eclectic scribbles down. Unfortunately I don't read Nordic runes, so I haven't the slightest clue who the hell pretended to be delivering me my mail.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132149 on: March 29, 2018, 11:11:22 am »

Royal Mail in a nutshell there. Cannot be trusted to do anything properly bar line the pockets of their execs.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."
Pages: 1 ... 8808 8809 [8810] 8811 8812 ... 10983