Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8837 8838 [8839] 8840 8841 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13171012 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #132570 on: April 12, 2018, 09:14:35 am »

That part about you not being artistic turned out wrong, though. I've read some of your writing, and you definitely have a talent for it, even if it's subtle.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #132571 on: April 12, 2018, 09:19:31 am »

Hmm. I suppose I'll grant you that. I would disagree. I think my writing is too blunt and heavy or it gets overly verbose and too flowery. I only like maybe one paragraph in ten that I write.

Oh and her name was Aerika Snoozy then it got changed to Kraut so. She definitely wins the Weird Names Award.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #132572 on: April 12, 2018, 09:22:07 am »

Ahahaha

Aerika Snoozy's Boozy Astrology XD
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #132573 on: April 12, 2018, 09:40:48 am »

I think my writing is too blunt and heavy or it gets overly verbose and too flowery. I only like maybe one paragraph in ten that I write.
That there is called talent. You notice when your writing tips too much into either direction, and you know what you like. All you need is more practice to get better at straddling that line between beige and purple.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132574 on: April 12, 2018, 09:55:20 am »

Let us all agree that the treadmill spins infinitely quickly and hurls the plane backward through a tower.
No, that's just what *would* happen if the earth was rotating.  Since wheeled luggage (known as groundplanes by experts) doesn't get hurled by moving walkways, the earth clearly isn't rotating, which puts the whole round-earth conspiracy in quite a bind.  Open your eyes!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #132575 on: April 12, 2018, 09:57:22 am »

Let us all agree that the treadmill spins infinitely quickly and hurls the plane backward through a tower.
No, that's just what *would* happen if the earth was rotating.  Since wheeled luggage (known as groundplanes by experts) doesn't get hurled by moving walkways, the earth clearly isn't rotating, which puts the whole round-earth conspiracy in quite a bind.  Open your eyes!
You realise that our eyes are flat, too, right?

I think my writing is too blunt and heavy or it gets overly verbose and too flowery. I only like maybe one paragraph in ten that I write.
That there is called talent. You notice when your writing tips too much into either direction, and you know what you like. All you need is more practice to get better at straddling that line between beige and purple.
I can't recall Han's style. Is there a sample anywhere handy?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132576 on: April 12, 2018, 09:59:38 am »

Look, if you would just open your mind to the amazing truth of TIME CUBE, you would see that the idea of a flat, non-rotating earth is just a mirage imposed by the 4-dimensional hypercube of the time cube!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #132577 on: April 12, 2018, 10:01:35 am »

Actually the earth is the insides of a massive spacewhale's intestines.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132578 on: April 12, 2018, 10:03:40 am »

The Earth is a series of tubes?
Look, if you would just open your mind to the amazing truth of TIME CUBE, you would see that the idea of a flat, non-rotating earth is just a mirage imposed by the 4-dimensional hypercube of the time cube!
That movie was pretty good, more Saw than extradimensional tho
(Yeah that site was crazy.  Crazy like a fox!  A fox with a keyboard!)
You realise that our eyes are flat, too, right?
Some baka's been watching too much anime o_O' desu
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132579 on: April 12, 2018, 10:45:45 am »

Thanks guys for talking about the Monty Hall problem while I was away, and laying it out in plain English. It's a mental knot that had been lying neglected in the back of my head for quite a while now.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #132580 on: April 12, 2018, 10:50:30 am »

I had the advantage of being introduced to the thing in the presence of pretty mathy people, so it makes almost total sense to me now.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132581 on: April 12, 2018, 11:36:50 am »

Thanks guys for talking about the Monty Hall problem while I was away, and laying it out in plain English. It's a mental knot that had been lying neglected in the back of my head for quite a while now.
It makes much more sense if you lay it out as a probability tree.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132582 on: April 12, 2018, 11:38:12 am »

It makes much more sense if you lay it out as a probability tree.

No no, I understand it intuitively now. Well, as close to intuitively as you can get.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132583 on: April 12, 2018, 08:30:39 pm »

aughrhghg my brain....

You can't get an airplane to lift off the ground using propwash (or jetwash) over the wings.  Not unless your propulsion system has a thrust-to-weight greater than one in the first place, in which case you don't need wings anyway (helicopters, the F-16, rockets).

Put it this way - if the wing managed to deflect 100% of the propwash straight down, the most lift you could get is 100% the thrust - and in reality a fair bit less because of drag losses.

And no, there is not some magic that a wing does that can give you more lift than you'd get by deflecting the propwash - conservation of momentum means that it is ultimately the deflection of the incoming airstream that generates the forces; the local pressure differential across the wing is what produces that deflection.

EDIT: Caveat for the pedants: If there was enough of a headwind, and the propwash was just enough to put your total lift above weight, yeah you could lift off with propwash and maybe, just maybe, sustain flight, depending on how quickly airspeed increased once airborne.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 08:35:03 pm by McTraveller »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #132584 on: April 12, 2018, 08:44:13 pm »

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 8837 8838 [8839] 8840 8841 ... 10983