Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8841 8842 [8843] 8844 8845 ... 10970

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12950105 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #132630 on: April 14, 2018, 02:17:54 pm »

The wiki is forum archaeology. Abandoned to the mists of time since 2011
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #132631 on: April 14, 2018, 03:16:35 pm »

I honestly can’t read this. When I reached the section on injuries, I had to back out. I can’t believe this was happening to children! All they wanted was a fun ride, but instead they got crippled for life. How are you supposed to know that there aren’t more rides like this, where they coverup the apparent danger of it?
You just described the problem with unregulated capitalism.
Decapitalism
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #132632 on: April 14, 2018, 03:46:00 pm »

I honestly can’t read this. When I reached the section on injuries, I had to back out. I can’t believe this was happening to children! All they wanted was a fun ride, but instead they got crippled for life. How are you supposed to know that there aren’t more rides like this, where they coverup the apparent danger of it?
Decapitalism
You are a bad person.

So am I, I laughed.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132633 on: April 14, 2018, 03:46:53 pm »

Decapitalism
You are a bad person.

So am I, I laughed.
Same, redwall.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132634 on: April 14, 2018, 04:12:56 pm »

Decapitalism
Bravo, sir. Bravo.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132635 on: April 14, 2018, 06:51:58 pm »

The Verrukt ride was posted about here at least once before.

Or was that another thread? I can't remember.

Anyway, the main problem here is that the injury reports were filled out, but were immediately discarded by the owner of the park, because for some perverted reason he was able to do that with absolutely nobody finding out. The ride could've been shut down immediately after it opened, but nobody knew anything so it just had to wait until someone got fucking decapitated.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132636 on: April 14, 2018, 07:03:22 pm »

The Verrukt ride was posted about here at least once before.

Or was that another thread? I can't remember.

Anyway, the main problem here is that the injury reports were filled out, but were immediately discarded by the owner of the park, because for some perverted reason he was able to do that with absolutely nobody finding out. The ride could've been shut down immediately after it opened, but nobody knew anything so it just had to wait until someone got fucking decapitated.

Yeah, it's a pretty severe (and hopefully isolated) case of falling through the cracks of a system that should have caught it.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #132637 on: April 14, 2018, 07:03:51 pm »

until someone got fucking decapitated.

Get your mind out of the gutter, he was decapitated in a normal way, not fucking decapitated.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132638 on: April 14, 2018, 09:15:49 pm »

Notably in the Verruckt case, the kid who got decapitated (in a perfectly reasonable way) was the son of a Republican state representative. You can be sure the book was well and truly thrown at the owners of the park.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #132639 on: April 14, 2018, 09:41:49 pm »

The wind is blowing so hard right now that I am legitimately afraid of losing a window.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #132640 on: April 14, 2018, 09:45:56 pm »

Notably in the Verruckt case, the kid who got decapitated (in a perfectly reasonable way) was the son of a Republican state representative. You can be sure the book was well and truly thrown at the owners of the park.
Heads must have rolled.

Ok, I'll stop now.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #132641 on: April 14, 2018, 09:49:02 pm »

Heads must have rolled.

Ok, I'll stop now.

A good object lesson in why you shouldn't cut corners to get ahead.

You just might get one.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132642 on: April 14, 2018, 09:58:14 pm »

In an actual related WTF I just read that the co-owner and designer of the Verruckt ride had no background in the design or engineering of fairground rides. e.g. the biggest water-slide in the world was designed by a self-taught guy who just winged it.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 10:00:32 pm by Reelya »

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132643 on: April 14, 2018, 10:03:13 pm »

In an actual related WTF I just read that the co-owner and designer of the Verruckt ride had no background in the design or engineering of fairground rides. e.g. the biggest water-slide in the world was designed by a self-taught guy who just winged it.

I think he contracted some company to do almost all of the design, but they realized that they could cut corners and get away with it because the guy was completely clueless.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #132644 on: April 14, 2018, 10:26:27 pm »

Wasn’t it the company that the park owned?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 8841 8842 [8843] 8844 8845 ... 10970