Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8847 8848 [8849] 8850 8851 ... 9915

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 6102249 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Just Skin And Bones
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #132720 on: April 20, 2018, 07:39:36 pm »

Screaming robots as they explode makes about as much sense as them emitting a bunch of vocal error messages as they power down slowly (then explode), so enh.

In fact, It makes sense they would broadcast their failure in some way, so that whatever governs or commands them could be updated.  And being programed to actually fear death is an oddly human thing to do.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
I track my running!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132721 on: April 20, 2018, 08:00:14 pm »

yea.  Today is hitler's birthday

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/court-bans-alcohol-neo-nazi-rock-festival-germany-54607691
Haha that's pretty cool. Any news on how it went? What time is it in that part of the world? I want to know how many antifa protestors got stomped.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132722 on: April 20, 2018, 08:11:12 pm »

Screaming robots as they explode makes about as much sense as them emitting a bunch of vocal error messages as they power down slowly (then explode), so enh.

In fact, It makes sense they would broadcast their failure in some way, so that whatever governs or commands them could be updated.  And being programed to actually fear death is an oddly human thing to do.

Adding in self-preservation protocols makes sense for something which can't be thrown at the enemy like so much cannonfodder. Although self preservation could also include running away, which is no fun in a video game.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #132723 on: April 20, 2018, 09:37:47 pm »

I almost kicked and punched someone into hospital today. Still a bit shaky, even 12h later.
I was biking home, and in front of me biked a girl age, dunno, 15-17?
Suddenly an elderly man jump onto the bicylcle path and starts screaming at the girl that she should stop, and let people cross the street (which is bullshit, because there's no official pedestrian crossing there), and within half a second, the girl didn't even have time to respond or react, this retarded buttfuck punches the girl off her bike in front of the car traffic lane. He like, punched her full in the face, and she went completely flat, stuck under her bike.

I was biking 2m behind her, and saw it happen.
I jumped of my bike and went full kungfu rage on the man. I didn't hit him, I managed to restrain my fists and feet half a millimeter in front of his nose, but damn, it was close. if the rage with which I kicked had hit him I fear I would now have not been typing on this forum, but instead sitting in a cell awaiting manslaughter charges. I luckily was still (barely) in control of myself enough to not hit him, but just give him the scare of his life and chase him off.

Note, it was an elderly man, around age 70, but not a weak elderly. It was like, a 1.90m guy built like someone who has been a marine for most of his life, and had just recently lost the battle between muscle and blubber. But holy fuck, what the bluthering fuck is wrong with people? Why the gutfuck would someone just kick a child off her bike, for no fucking reason at all?
Still mad. Fuck me, I won't let someone beat a child off her bike. I'd do the same next time.

I did go to the police and reported the guy for attempted manslaughter. If the oncoming car hadn't hit the brake fully, this girl would have been dead, crushed by a car. Sadly the girl herself fled the scene. Can't blame her. First she gets punched off her bike, then she witnesses a ranting raving hippie assailing her assailant.

What I did learn today is that apparently if I am confronted with a fight/freeze/flee situation, I fight. Good to know.
Optimists have just used up the last bit of hope. Run for your lives!

Enjoy the freedom to explore the limits of your constraints

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132724 on: April 20, 2018, 10:10:24 pm »

O.O Geeze man.......

Th4DwArfY1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #132725 on: April 20, 2018, 10:59:32 pm »

Your friendly neighbourhood hippyman?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  Th4DwArfY1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #132726 on: April 21, 2018, 02:55:17 am »

My Internet can't load Myth-Weavers properly, yet it downloads DOOM2016 at 7.6 and 8.1 MB/s (min and max, respectively). Oh, and also can't download Firefox.

*CABL sips some water, then slowly inhales and exhales.*

AAANGERYYYYY!!!!1
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Not running any games atm

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132727 on: April 21, 2018, 03:00:16 am »

It is probably your browser, not the network connection itself.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #132728 on: April 21, 2018, 03:14:09 am »

It is probably your browser, not the network connection itself.

I know the drill, so I've already tried cleaning the cache. Didn't work. Folks on MW's Discord seem to access it with ease.[/s]

Nevermind, I pulled the router's power cable off the power socket and put it in after 15 seconds.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 05:55:48 am by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Not running any games atm

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132729 on: April 21, 2018, 07:03:56 am »

Ahh yes, the Secret Technique, passed down from master to apprentice for generations... Good to see that our heritage is being respected.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #132730 on: April 21, 2018, 08:41:21 am »

I just realized how many minor injuries my arms are covered in. Like four large abrasions with bruises, maybe twenty small cuts and puncture wounds. A few blood blisters on my fists and my perpetual broken knuckle. That's just current wounds. I have so many scars on my arms. Most are small and near invisible but now that I'm aware, I have tons of them.

Dunno why I just realized this. I guess I'm accident prone and absent minded. This is one time where pain tolerance is a bad thing.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody cared who I was until I found Sub-Wikis
    • View Profile
« Reply #132731 on: April 21, 2018, 08:51:08 am »

Perhaps when you go to sleep, you're actually controlled by a split personality who happens to be a hardcore street fighter?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132732 on: April 21, 2018, 08:53:44 am »

I just realized how many minor injuries my arms are covered in. Like four large abrasions with bruises, maybe twenty small cuts and puncture wounds. A few blood blisters on my fists and my perpetual broken knuckle. That's just current wounds. I have so many scars on my arms. Most are small and near invisible but now that I'm aware, I have tons of them.

Dunno why I just realized this. I guess I'm accident prone and absent minded. This is one time where pain tolerance is a bad thing.

What the fuck are you doing?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132733 on: April 21, 2018, 08:54:40 am »

What the fuck are you doing?

Rule no.1, you don't talk about fight club.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #132734 on: April 21, 2018, 08:59:11 am »

I do have to apologize for the escessive use of four letter words. Let's just say that after the incident I self-medicated with alcohol and dancing the night away in a nightclub to get rid of the adrenaline hangover, and I was a bit drunk when posting.
Optimists have just used up the last bit of hope. Run for your lives!

Enjoy the freedom to explore the limits of your constraints

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 8847 8848 [8849] 8850 8851 ... 9915