Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8862 8863 [8864] 8865 8866 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13184539 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #132945 on: April 21, 2018, 05:25:51 pm »

Started watching the Kirby anime, the English dub of which is titled Kirby: Right Back at Ya. Only a few episodes in, and I'm a little shocked at how brutal it is. I'm guessing it gets less so later on.
Spoiler: First episode (click to show/hide)
King DeDeDe is completely justified in his fight against the eldritch abomination that is Kirby.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #132946 on: April 21, 2018, 05:25:51 pm »

Started watching the Kirby anime, the English dub of which is titled Kirby: Right Back at Ya. Only a few episodes in, and I'm a little shocked at how brutal it is. I'm guessing it gets less so later on.
if I remember correctly there was a scene of dedede cuting down whispy woods (or maybe just some random tree) with a chainsaw but in the dub it was replaced with a laser chainsaw, I think the justification of it is people aren't dying (just animals and monsters) and its cartoony enough so they can get away with it but the chainsaw was edited by 4kids. I think it gets toned down a lot later on
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132947 on: April 21, 2018, 05:31:18 pm »

The Kirby series is no stranger to brutality. As cutesy as the main stuff is, final bosses and the like tend to be cosmic horrors with unfathomable motives.

Games full of fluffy charm and whimsical music culminate in bloodsoaked battles against eldritch abominations lurking in the hellish void.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 05:32:51 pm by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #132948 on: April 21, 2018, 05:40:05 pm »

The most benign Kirby final boss is probably just Dedede
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132949 on: April 22, 2018, 12:17:59 am »

I came to work today, to find I am not scheduled. Stayed anyway, because they were short handed just to help out. Used the opportunity to start working on a resident's computer that has had borked windows update for a few weeks now. Somehow the lady has managed to screw up the filesystem permissions what good.

Then, somebody dies, and now I am the impromptu night door-man.

Love working at a nursing home....

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132950 on: April 22, 2018, 10:59:35 am »

Somebody killed four people no more than 12 minutes away from my work, while completely naked aside from a jacket, and then ran off into the night. He is still not found.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132951 on: April 22, 2018, 11:15:23 am »

King DeDeDe is completely justified in his fight against the eldritch abomination that is Kirby.

Indeed.  He needs to clobber dat dere Kirbeh.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #132952 on: April 22, 2018, 11:48:15 am »

Somebody killed four people no more than 12 minutes away from my work, while completely naked aside from a jacket, and then ran off into the night. He is still not found.

The Wafflehouse incident?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132953 on: April 22, 2018, 11:50:50 am »

The Wafflehouse incident?
Yeah. My father called me to tell me about it while I was at work.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #132954 on: April 22, 2018, 12:10:56 pm »

Wut? Who is the main suspect? Larry Niven?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #132955 on: April 22, 2018, 12:26:22 pm »

IIRC, Metaknight has a really cool backstory and motive.  Or at least I liked it as a kid.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #132956 on: April 22, 2018, 12:50:53 pm »

We now sell spicy peanuts and pickle flavored peanuts at my work. Now I want to get some of each and some plain and salted and make a big bowl of mystery nuts. Hans' Magical Mystery Nuts: The best nuts you will ever put in your mouth.

Also a guy gotten written up, then fired, then tased and arrested in about a thirty minute span here. It escalated quickly.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132957 on: April 22, 2018, 01:53:52 pm »

Also a guy gotten written up, then fired, then tased and arrested in about a thirty minute span here. It escalated quickly.

You can't just say something like that and not expect us to ask for details.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132958 on: April 22, 2018, 01:59:31 pm »

Was he black?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #132959 on: April 22, 2018, 02:20:05 pm »

Probably after being tased, yes.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 8862 8863 [8864] 8865 8866 ... 10983