Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8887 8888 [8889] 8890 8891 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13171824 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #133320 on: April 30, 2018, 03:59:04 pm »

Apparently solo male llamas will imprint upon whatever gaggle of farm animals you choose and protect them, including alarm calls and also kicking the tar out of any single predator. They are not able to handle packs and such.

Keep in mind that a male llama can be around 6 feet tall and like 400 pounds.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #133321 on: April 30, 2018, 04:07:20 pm »

With hoofs hard as rocks. Imagine getting punched in the skull by a 400 lbs bodybuilder with  rock hands. And now imagine you're a 20lb coyote.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133322 on: April 30, 2018, 04:08:56 pm »

I'm imaging someone raising a small group of guard lionesses... somehow

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #133323 on: April 30, 2018, 04:13:26 pm »

I am surprisingly delicate, emotionally speaking. That is all.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133324 on: April 30, 2018, 04:54:06 pm »

The alpaca of emotion
Rains its deadly blowshoof strikes upon the soul

I can no longer tell for sure
Whether I'm coping well, or not at all
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 05:02:04 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #133325 on: May 01, 2018, 03:17:27 am »

Fakeedit: I just came in here to comment on my erect nipples, and yet I've ended up typing a whole big thing. At least it's taken my mind off how cold it is.
(I'm on to you!!!)
Don't you mean... udders? 8)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 03:19:30 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133326 on: May 01, 2018, 03:23:07 am »

Ok-- So, I work at a nursing home.  I take care of resident's needs, be it issues with toileting, or just wanting something to drink, or the channel changed, or whatever.

I work 3rd shift.

-----That out of the way.

We generate a lot of trash.  A LOT of trash. Like, a big leaf-bag sized bag of trash, PER HALL, PER SHIFT. Naturally, we go through trash bags like they are going out of style.

We have a room we keep the boxes of these in. (Yes, BOXES.)  The powers that be, also have designated this room as the housekeeping office.  Housekeeping, in their infinite wisdom, has taken to locking this room, and not leaving the key.  Oh yeah, the big bottles of water for the Culligan machine are also stored in there.

Did I also mention that they dont stock our soiled linen rooms with bags, and that we have to stock them ourselves? Did I mention that other shifts cant be fucking arsed to stock so much as a box of kleenex?  (I have politely showed each and every one of my co-workers on the other two shifts *EXACTLY* where the damn things are kept. I have asked politely that they stock the soiled linen rooms if they run out on their shift. I have even made the other shifts aware of houskeeping's sudden interest in being control freak asshats about the damn key. Does it make a lick of difference?! FUCK NO!)

Yeah. That. 

THIS IS DAY FUCKING THREE, NO GOD-DAMNED TRASH LINERS.  At the rate we use them, and the rate I am having to steal them from other soiled linen rooms, we will be COMPLETELY OUT OF BAGS in 2 more days.

Have I brought this to the attention of my charge nurse? Yes.
Has anything been done about this? NO.
Is this the first time this has happened? **NO**
Is this making me seriously fucking livid, because pretty soon I will be up to my goddam eyeballs in dirty incontinence products, because some fucking bitch cant leave a copy of her fucking key, because of control-freak issues? YES-- YES IT FUCKING IS.

Oh yeah-- the woman doesn't do a good job of housekeeping either.  Residents are routinely out of toilet paper in their dispensers, out of paper towels, have filthy dirty toilets, dust fucking everywhere--- You get the idea.   Rather than allow people to stock residents with the stuff they need, (Because she isn't fucking doing it, even though this is totally in her responsibility list!) the woman locks the damn door instead.

I am tired of being ignored about this problem. At this rate, I am going to duplicate every damn key in the facility, and carry them illicitly on my own damn keyring. By hook or by crook, I will get a copy of that woman's keys. (There are other janitorial people, and all I need is a couple of good photos. I have a 3D printer, and plenty of motivation. I will print a key, take it to a DIY duplication place, and cut a duplicate from the print.) Then she can lock that door to her lazy bitch heart's content.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #133327 on: May 01, 2018, 03:26:54 am »

The real question becomes "how sturdy is that locked door? Sturdy enough to survive being kicked down for the greater good?"
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133328 on: May 01, 2018, 03:28:54 am »

Yes.  Solid door, in steel door frame, installed in concrete block wall.

You know that video of police spending 30 minutes trying to ram down a door?  Yeah, that would happen.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #133329 on: May 01, 2018, 03:31:31 am »

Sucks. That housekeeper should get fired. Leaving old people without toilet paper, and staff without means to keep things proper is really bad, if not criminally neglegent.
If I were the head nurse, I'd call that housekeeper in the middle of the night, and order her to come bring the key.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 03:33:34 am by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133330 on: May 01, 2018, 03:52:11 am »

If I had her number, **I** would call that woman in the middle of the night!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #133331 on: May 01, 2018, 04:11:22 am »

I guess the least you could do is dump any used incontinentia diapers that there's no trash bags for in the head nurse's office, as a gentle reminder of the problem.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133332 on: May 01, 2018, 07:28:08 am »

Yeesh, that's some ugly management.

My comparatively mild WTF is that a neighbor's sawing and sanding wood planks in the parking lot...  at 8:15AM.  Just kinda sucks since we had DND until 3:30 last night.  Took me right out of a dream about
Spoiler: Fucked up animal gore (click to show/hide)
buuuuh I'm getting tired of dreams like this
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #133333 on: May 01, 2018, 07:43:56 am »

Better than my dream. I was referencing.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133334 on: May 01, 2018, 07:44:44 am »

My comparatively mild WTF is that a neighbor's sawing and sanding wood planks in the parking lot...  at 8:15AM. 

Sawing FOR TEENS!
Pages: 1 ... 8887 8888 [8889] 8890 8891 ... 10983