Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8888 8889 [8890] 8891 8892 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13145034 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #133335 on: May 01, 2018, 11:29:30 am »

@weird, this whole incompetent nursing home caretaker problem isnt just your problem, its endemic to the entire nursing care industry just about. My mother worked in that field 20 years and was recently fired for complaining to the owner of her business about her nurse violating something or other that was endangering patients. So shoot the messenger. They had her working 80 hours a week because other employees refused to work, the day shift nurses left everything from bathing to feeding to cleaning to her just like yours do to you. They hold onto patients mental enough they need to be in a proper geriatric psych ward, because they want every bed full.

The whole damn industry probably needs constant supervision and interruptions by health inspectors to literally beat it into shape violently, in my opinion. Especially since something like 10-15% of our entire population will be subjected to it in the next 20 years, when the baby boomer generation finally start kicking the bucket.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133336 on: May 01, 2018, 04:56:40 pm »

Gah, fuck. Got a notice from the IRS (Internal Revenue Service) that someone (who is not me) may have been using my information. Identity theft, in other words.

The good news is that all my finances appear to still be in order (that is, no weird withdrawals or purchases on any account). Still, this is fucked up.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #133337 on: May 01, 2018, 05:06:18 pm »

Ok-- So, I work at a nursing home.  I take care of resident's needs, be it issues with toileting, or just wanting something to drink, or the channel changed, or whatever.

I work 3rd shift.

-----That out of the way.

We generate a lot of trash.  A LOT of trash. Like, a big leaf-bag sized bag of trash, PER HALL, PER SHIFT. Naturally, we go through trash bags like they are going out of style.

We have a room we keep the boxes of these in. (Yes, BOXES.)  The powers that be, also have designated this room as the housekeeping office.  Housekeeping, in their infinite wisdom, has taken to locking this room, and not leaving the key.  Oh yeah, the big bottles of water for the Culligan machine are also stored in there.

Did I also mention that they dont stock our soiled linen rooms with bags, and that we have to stock them ourselves? Did I mention that other shifts cant be fucking arsed to stock so much as a box of kleenex?  (I have politely showed each and every one of my co-workers on the other two shifts *EXACTLY* where the damn things are kept. I have asked politely that they stock the soiled linen rooms if they run out on their shift. I have even made the other shifts aware of houskeeping's sudden interest in being control freak asshats about the damn key. Does it make a lick of difference?! FUCK NO!)

Yeah. That. 

THIS IS DAY FUCKING THREE, NO GOD-DAMNED TRASH LINERS.  At the rate we use them, and the rate I am having to steal them from other soiled linen rooms, we will be COMPLETELY OUT OF BAGS in 2 more days.

Have I brought this to the attention of my charge nurse? Yes.
Has anything been done about this? NO.
Is this the first time this has happened? **NO**
Is this making me seriously fucking livid, because pretty soon I will be up to my goddam eyeballs in dirty incontinence products, because some fucking bitch cant leave a copy of her fucking key, because of control-freak issues? YES-- YES IT FUCKING IS.

Oh yeah-- the woman doesn't do a good job of housekeeping either.  Residents are routinely out of toilet paper in their dispensers, out of paper towels, have filthy dirty toilets, dust fucking everywhere--- You get the idea.   Rather than allow people to stock residents with the stuff they need, (Because she isn't fucking doing it, even though this is totally in her responsibility list!) the woman locks the damn door instead.

I am tired of being ignored about this problem. At this rate, I am going to duplicate every damn key in the facility, and carry them illicitly on my own damn keyring. By hook or by crook, I will get a copy of that woman's keys. (There are other janitorial people, and all I need is a couple of good photos. I have a 3D printer, and plenty of motivation. I will print a key, take it to a DIY duplication place, and cut a duplicate from the print.) Then she can lock that door to her lazy bitch heart's content.
When you do this, you should leave it slightly open or unlocked some day.  Just to fuck with her.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133339 on: May 01, 2018, 05:32:21 pm »

There are so many ways this can end so horribly that I feel bound to tell you not to try it. Just so someone has.

That said, I'll be curious to know how it turns out.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133340 on: May 01, 2018, 05:33:16 pm »

While she sounds super irritating, going full-on revenge mode with the keys would probably just draw attention away from her and onto you. You might even make her look justified.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133341 on: May 01, 2018, 05:42:16 pm »

Copy the key and scratch her car with it.

Then masturbate feverishly to establish dominance.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133342 on: May 01, 2018, 06:09:54 pm »

Leave writen complains about all that before you do the key thing. Try to find out why she is locking the door and if she actually have the power to do it.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133343 on: May 01, 2018, 06:52:01 pm »

"Ah, crunches can't be that bad, they're basically half sit-ups"

Yeah no, they murder your stomach.

They're half a sit-up, but you do three times as many... Or something like that. My first interaction with crunches was during taekwondo practice, where we had to run around a course and perform certain exercises at those points.

I didn't know what a crunch was, so I just did the closest thing to a sit-up that I could approximate under the circumstances... ended up doing something like 30 before the exercise was finished. I was 9.

And my moment of exasperation for the day is...  Dear girlfriend of 4+ years: When you run a brush through your hair and end up with a wad of loose bleached/dyed fibers riven from your scalp, that clump of hair is supposed to go in the trash.

Not the sink, not the walls of the shower cabinet, and certainly not the toilet. The trash bag.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #133344 on: May 01, 2018, 07:17:08 pm »

My comparatively mild WTF is that a neighbor's sawing and sanding wood planks in the parking lot...  at 8:15AM. 

Sawing FOR TEENS!
I absolutely love the farsidesque style they choose to give the whole series.  Its premises are relatively simple, the drawing is properly messed up, it takes itself seriously enough but continuously laughs at itself, and its a shame more people dont use that.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133345 on: May 01, 2018, 07:41:32 pm »

I bumped into someone that recognized me, but I have not the faintest clue who they are. I studied their face for a second, that was all the time I had at the time, and he struck me as familiar, but I can't for the life of me piece together where we met before. This is going to bug me forever.

Worst part is, I pretended to know who they were, so I didn't ask the obvious question, and I'll probably never bump into them again, so I'll never get another chance.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 07:44:19 pm by JoshuaFH »

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133346 on: May 01, 2018, 08:04:19 pm »

I bumped into someone that recognized me, but I have not the faintest clue who they are. I studied their face for a second, that was all the time I had at the time, and he struck me as familiar, but I can't for the life of me piece together where we met before. This is going to bug me forever.

Worst part is, I pretended to know who they were, so I didn't ask the obvious question, and I'll probably never bump into them again, so I'll never get another chance.
My life in a nutshell

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #133347 on: May 01, 2018, 08:28:15 pm »

I'm trying to get back into the habit of playing guitar. It's been fun, but I've started keeping a list of songs I hear that I think would be fun to play.

The list just keeps getting longer. I'm trying to limit myself to learning just one or two new songs at a time. I've been working on maybe 3 so far. Counted all the songs I've got on it right now, and it's 32 total so far.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #133348 on: May 01, 2018, 09:09:55 pm »

I have made a meal* that smells pretty strongly of peanuts.

No peanuts were involved in the cooking of this meal or its ingredients.

Cooking magic why

* instant yakisoba noodles thickened with instant mashed potatoes and fiesta blend cheese, seasoned with a 2:1 blend of teriyaki beef and spicy chicken seasoning, with diced chicken nuggets lightly-ish coated in (sweet) bbq sauce stirred into it
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133349 on: May 01, 2018, 09:14:42 pm »

a 2:1 blend of teriyaki beef
There's my guess. Teriyaki smells intensely like peanuts to me, especially when combined with yakisoba noodles.
Pages: 1 ... 8888 8889 [8890] 8891 8892 ... 10980