Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8894 8895 [8896] 8897 8898 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13149381 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #133425 on: May 03, 2018, 04:43:12 pm »

That's pretty blatant harassment.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #133426 on: May 03, 2018, 04:51:01 pm »

It seems more like people are watching you than anything else.

I'd say it was either because they don't trust you or are trying to analyze you.  For a promotion?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #133427 on: May 03, 2018, 04:58:03 pm »

Em. Unlikely to be what pisskop suggested.

Seems more likely that it's one of two things:

Employee is an idiot.
Employee was intentionally being an ass.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133428 on: May 03, 2018, 05:00:30 pm »

That's pretty blatant harassment.
Wait, whaaaaat? It only happened once, how on earth can it be taken as harassment? It sounds like, most likely, the guy is just tremendously dumb and doesn't pay attention to things.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133429 on: May 03, 2018, 05:07:35 pm »

I don't know, if I saw a blobfish go into the bathroom, I'd be pretty curious too.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133430 on: May 03, 2018, 05:08:04 pm »

My experience has been that management will watch problem and potential workers.  And they'll get specific people to do so.

*shrug*  every place is different.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133431 on: May 03, 2018, 05:12:13 pm »

My experience has been that management will watch problem and potential workers.  And they'll get specific people to do so.

Okay but even if you work for the Oceania Ministry of Truth I don't think the watchers are actually supposed to follow you into bathroom stalls.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #133432 on: May 03, 2018, 05:24:27 pm »

Got called in to work today, supposed to be my day off but the boss didnt take into account that one employee had scheduled the day off for a dentist appointment. And its been busy as shit. I have gotten like ten minutes to breathe. This place is usually so slow.

Other guys are busy fixing cars and putting away freight orders. I get the counter.

Dog bit my arm last night too. Now its bruising up and starting to hurt, probably not infected though i cleaned it. Fuck is it sore. We were having so much fun, too, but she hasnt learned to play nice yet. Why cant puppies come trained!?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 05:28:19 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133433 on: May 03, 2018, 05:47:53 pm »

Okay but even if you work for the Oceania Ministry of Truth I don't think the watchers are actually supposed to follow you into bathroom stalls.
you're using logic in a posttrump USA . . ?
PKs DF Mod!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133434 on: May 03, 2018, 06:08:41 pm »

Got called in to work today, supposed to be my day off but the boss didnt take into account that one employee had scheduled the day off for a dentist appointment. And its been busy as shit. I have gotten like ten minutes to breathe. This place is usually so slow.

Other guys are busy fixing cars and putting away freight orders. I get the counter.

Dog bit my arm last night too. Now its bruising up and starting to hurt, probably not infected though i cleaned it. Fuck is it sore. We were having so much fun, too, but she hasnt learned to play nice yet. Why cant puppies come trained!?

Inflammation is not necessarily a sign of infection. The first phase of tissue regeneration is the debriding phase, where the body sends monocytes and pals to the location. (triggered by platelets coming into contact with naked collagen fibers) These cells mature into leukocytes and macrophages, which then produce inflammatory reactions while they do their thing, which is to digest and break down any contaminants in the wound site.

After the inflammation phase, then comes the fibroblast migration phase, which lays down fibronectin and pals, as new extracellular matrix is deposited.

Inflammation phase usually happens and completes within 2 days of injury, so you are right on time after getting NOMed on.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133435 on: May 03, 2018, 06:13:44 pm »

We have a German Shepherd. She loves nothing more than to gnaw on my arm like it's a chicken bone. Thankfully, she is quite gentle (considering how powerful that blasted dog is) and has been from the start.

People still cross to the other side of the road when they see her coming though, no joke, so let that be my WTF.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133436 on: May 03, 2018, 06:19:25 pm »

Aww... I grew up with a German shepherd, they'll always have a special place in my heart. The old coot was basically a third parent.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133437 on: May 03, 2018, 06:27:45 pm »

She's legitimately the best looking dog I have ever seen, as well. Even for German Shepherds (a naturally majestic looking breed).
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #133438 on: May 03, 2018, 06:29:14 pm »

We have a German Shepherd. She loves nothing more than to gnaw on my arm like it's a chicken bone. Thankfully, she is quite gentle (considering how powerful that blasted dog is) and has been from the start.

People still cross to the other side of the road when they see her coming though, no joke, so let that be my WTF.
Maybe because German Shepards are used as guard dogs?  I know Rottweilers get a bad rap (including not getting adopted from shelters very often) because they're stereotypically mean guard dogs.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133439 on: May 03, 2018, 06:36:00 pm »

Sheps, along with pitbulls, rotties and dobes, all get the "vicious beast" reputation because people are idiots.

My parents were actually cautioned against having a shepherd when my mom was pregnant (they got the puppy roughly one year before I popped out). "They eat babies!" was actually a thing that was said.
Pages: 1 ... 8894 8895 [8896] 8897 8898 ... 10980