Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8899 8900 [8901] 8902 8903 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13171641 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #133500 on: May 05, 2018, 09:53:27 am »

RE: Pentecostals... hot damn. That is some seriously scary shit. Are any lawsuits getting filed against her for the attack? I mean, personal lawsuits, since the university didn't push charges.
Nope. The University isn't doing shit because there's the rector election going on. As for personal lawsuits, people don't got the money she has access to due to her political connections, so instead people are gathering evidence to fight her in social media and such.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133501 on: May 05, 2018, 11:47:37 am »

So far, the one (major) advantage the human brain has over machine processors afaik is that it takes absurd amounts of abuse and keeps functioning, just sort of sliding responsibilities to other parts of the brain, and no, I don't consider sapience/sentience one of the brain's advantage's because that's a matter of programming of the robot, not of the processor itself

Sure, a machine processor has many single points of failure, e.g. the CPU gets bunged up or the power goes off. But if we're counting those types of failure as being failures of the machine processor, then we also have to count that e.g. humans can get in car accidents or have heart attacks and die as being faults of the human equivalent. e.g. one aneurysm, and the brain-processor is kaput.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 11:49:11 am by Reelya »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #133502 on: May 05, 2018, 12:54:41 pm »

Riding to work with my wife, saw smoke in the distance. Is work on fire?

No, it’s a massive cloud of insects stretching for about a mile. Lovely.
What kind?

Lake flies.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133503 on: May 05, 2018, 02:42:11 pm »

I have a bit of hair on the top of my feet.  It has been getting more and more annoying as pulling off socks is starting to pull on them and make the top of my feet sore.  I want to shave it but I'm worried that it will just grow back thicker.

WTF body I thought hobbits were a fictional race.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133504 on: May 05, 2018, 02:53:57 pm »

I have a bit of hair on the top of my feet.  It has been getting more and more annoying as pulling off socks is starting to pull on them and make the top of my feet sore.  I want to shave it but I'm worried that it will just grow back thicker.

WTF body I thought hobbits were a fictional race.

Hehe, I've got that too. And my feet are super-wide, so I really look the part. ...well, except for being 6'3...

Shaving doesn't make hair grow back thicker, that's an old wives tale. However, stubble is generally a hell of a lot more irritating than full-grown hairs.

Try shampooing and conditioning your feet to make the hair softer, that should make them a bit more pliable.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133505 on: May 05, 2018, 03:51:47 pm »

I'd recommend waxing. It hurts, but the hair doesn't grow back as stubble.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133506 on: May 05, 2018, 04:30:57 pm »

I always get yelled at to make small talk with my mom's boyfriend when we're at his place, but it's difficult.

He was watching some alien conspiracy stuff, and trying to talk to him about it ended with him telling me to 'shut the fuck up', because only he knows the truth. Nikola Tesla is an immortal extraterrestrial who came to this planet 15,000 years ago to place countless death rays in our atmosphere.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133507 on: May 05, 2018, 04:33:20 pm »

I'd recommend waxing. It hurts, but the hair doesn't grow back as stubble.

Or that. If you really want to shirk your jewellery-related responsibilities.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133508 on: May 05, 2018, 04:55:01 pm »

I always get yelled at to make small talk with my mom's boyfriend when we're at his place, but it's difficult.

He was watching some alien conspiracy stuff, and trying to talk to him about it ended with him telling me to 'shut the fuck up', because only he knows the truth. Nikola Tesla is an immortal extraterrestrial who came to this planet 15,000 years ago to place countless death rays in our atmosphere.
He sounds like a totally sane and reasonable person. Totally.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133509 on: May 05, 2018, 05:04:46 pm »

He sounds like a totally sane and reasonable person. Totally.
Well, the man probably has a lot of interesting theories on probing, so there's that.

In other news, how the hell do you "lose" a plutonium sample? That shit's supposed to be kept locked up tighter than a nun's anus.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #133510 on: May 05, 2018, 05:27:08 pm »

I challenge you to keep track of a gram of anything.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133511 on: May 05, 2018, 05:30:25 pm »

That shit's supposed to be kept locked up tighter than a nun's anus.

It's not, never has been. The total amount of "misplaced" Plutonium/Enriched Uranium in the USA amounts to multiple tons. And that's just the stuff shipped overseas. (EDIT: on a doco I heard about quite a bit lost inside the USA's own network of processing etc)

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2011/09/usa-lost-tons-nuclear-weapon-uranium/
The United States cannot fully account for more than 16,000 kilograms of weapons-grade uranium and plutonium that it has shipped to 27 “friendly” countries in recent decades, and it lacks any coherent policy to track down the materials,

EDIT: Using google's date tool to look for old stories (to filter out the current news)
extras.denverpost.com/news/news0625a.htm
Finding 1100 pounds of plutonium that somehow became lost in ductwork, drums and industrial gloveboxes. The amount of missing plutonium at Rocky Flats is enough to build 150 Nagasakistrength bombs
^ And that's only at one plant in the USA. 500 kg of unaccountable plutonium that found its way into all sorts of places. A 1 gram sample of Plutonium that was mislabeled at a college is nothing compared to Rocky Flats where there was so much missing plutonium that piles of Plutonium dust were found in the air-conditioning system.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 05:41:49 pm by Reelya »

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #133512 on: May 05, 2018, 09:57:32 pm »

Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133513 on: May 05, 2018, 09:58:59 pm »

Welp, color me misinformed. Also the article said it was roughly the size of a quarter, but isn't Plutonium massively heavy? How small does a speck have to be to weigh a single gram?

My WTF: Tried Lifeweb for the first time today. That's enough of a WTF on its own, but after a couple mediocre rounds of dying very, very quickly (as is the routine, apparently), it was starting to get a little bit late. Buuut I figured "eh, one last round before I go", expecting the usual 45 minutes to an hour...

Four hours later, the round finally ends, and only after some incredibly confusing gameplay mechanics and a very large amount of just talking back and forth and taking showers.

It's five in the morning now. Fuck me and the sleep schedule I rode in on.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133514 on: May 05, 2018, 11:09:19 pm »

Welp, color me misinformed. Also the article said it was roughly the size of a quarter, but isn't Plutonium massively heavy? How small does a speck have to be to weigh a single gram?

Just over fifty cubic millimeters.
Pages: 1 ... 8899 8900 [8901] 8902 8903 ... 10983