Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8900 8901 [8902] 8903 8904 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13175162 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #133515 on: May 05, 2018, 11:18:24 pm »

And since cubic measurements are somewhat unintuitive, that'd be less than 4x4x4 millimeters.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133516 on: May 06, 2018, 01:59:05 am »

Today’s WTF: I learned about lifeweb today. The thing that makes me the most uncomfortable about this thing is the Dwarf fortress references.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133518 on: May 06, 2018, 02:42:24 am »

Today’s WTF: I learned about lifeweb today. The thing that makes me the most uncomfortable about this thing is the Dwarf fortress references.
Yeah, there's a lot of DF tossed in there, along with Dungeon Crawl, Blood, a smattering of different mythologies and even a teensy little Doom reference.

Honestly, the whole thing is just so damned trippy that it's hard to know what's a reference and what was added in a drug-infused programming session convinced of its own originality.

Also, technically shouldn't even have mentioned it here. First Rule of Fight Club and all that. The SS13 subreddit actually has a(n informal) gag order against it so that any new threads discussing it are immediately closed down and removed.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133519 on: May 06, 2018, 04:01:16 am »

Lifeweb is that highly secretive, medieval-themed SS13 server that tries to give Hellmoo a run for its money, right?   
I read a while back that you can play it for free if your BYOND account is over a certain age, actually. Mine would probably qualify!

I always get yelled at to make small talk with my mom's boyfriend when we're at his place, but it's difficult.

He was watching some alien conspiracy stuff, and trying to talk to him about it ended with him telling me to 'shut the fuck up', because only he knows the truth. Nikola Tesla is an immortal extraterrestrial who came to this planet 15,000 years ago to place countless death rays in our atmosphere.
Is this the same guy we've been hearing horror stories of for... years now, I'm pretty sure?     
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133520 on: May 06, 2018, 04:19:40 am »

Lifeweb is that highly secretive, medieval-themed SS13 server that tries to give Hellmoo a run for its money, right?   
I read a while back that you can play it for free if your BYOND account is over a certain age, actually. Mine would probably qualify!

That's the one! I don't know if I'd really describe it as "medieval-themed" though, as it's this weird anachronistic thing where everything is either futuristic tech or dark ages. Hell, the setting is even more "all over the place" than that, mixing grimdarky grim darkness with, well... memes. Latejoining will require you to either risk your life trekking through the massive, deadly cave system as a migrant, or hopping on the ancient, rust-covered subway train and riding it in to the station... while it blasts the Thomas the Tank Engine theme.

And yeah, I read that BYOND accounts from before 2015 can play for free. Apparently my account is from 2009 (good heavens, what have I done with my life?).

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133521 on: May 06, 2018, 06:17:19 am »

On a whim, I picked up "The Critical Path" by Buckminster Fuller. After reading the first page of the massive book, my first impression was "Fuck was this written by the Time Cube guy?" and I know it wasn't, but it has a very similar feeling of barely English nonsense jargon thrown together in an incomprehensible manner. Skimming through the pages, it seems the entire book was written in this style, and my mind is blown as to what the guy is even talking about at any given point.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133522 on: May 06, 2018, 09:08:56 am »

Those types of books need to do what dune did, and put a glossary in the book

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133523 on: May 06, 2018, 09:33:42 am »

If you want nonsense, try reading Finnigan’s wake.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133524 on: May 06, 2018, 10:10:15 am »

So I bought a used two seat recliner with a center console (faux leather) for 50$ at a garage sale. Great shape; awesome deal. Original owners had no pets, furniture is clean and well cared for.

The wtf---

Getting the parts up the damn stairs by myself has been a herculean effort. Course, my fancy game lounge is upstairs, and that is really where I want the recliner.

Issue: Stairway is TOO DAMN NARROW, TOOK HOURS TO GET THE PARTS UPSTAIRS, SCUFFED THE SHIT OUT OF THE WALLS, DAMAGED THE UPHOLSTERY.
Reason: Stairway is a non-standard width, created by idiots.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133525 on: May 06, 2018, 01:30:49 pm »

Is this the same guy we've been hearing horror stories of for... years now, I'm pretty sure?   

Yeah. Insane as ever. I got sent outside to pick up sticks today, because he doesn't want sticks in his yard. I think I've already shared having to do something like this a few times before.

He wants them all gone, but I only bothered with the ones large enough to cause trouble for a lawnmower.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133526 on: May 06, 2018, 02:04:12 pm »

The sticks are plotting against him.

Espionage is a sticky business, you know.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133527 on: May 06, 2018, 05:37:28 pm »

Parents are pressing me to put their TV service onto my internet service account again. Last time I checked, it came out to be more than what they were paying already. Can't see how it's changed since. Also I never actually watch TV. Sure, they claim they're going to pay their share of it, but in the end I'll be the one paying for it if they don't. And they get free wifi from me.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #133528 on: May 06, 2018, 08:12:05 pm »

Posting from 34000 feet inside a pressurized metal tube.
Is free in flight WiFi common?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #133529 on: May 06, 2018, 08:14:41 pm »

I was under the impression that it was bad to keep things like that on in planes, but I haven’t flown for a few years.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 8900 8901 [8902] 8903 8904 ... 10983