Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8913 8914 [8915] 8916 8917 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13169568 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #133710 on: May 11, 2018, 07:02:43 am »

I had it happen with glass once in school. Pick it up from the tray, it goes BOOM within a second. Blood everywhere. Three kids lost their eyes. I've had a shard of glass lodged in my heart since that day, I'm surviving only because of a robotic suit I built in carpentry class.
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133711 on: May 11, 2018, 07:55:29 am »

When in doubt, murder everyone and hire a ghost writer for your autobiography.

I imagine ghost writers are just Marvel's Ghost Rider using a flaming, demonic typewriter.
I'm pretty sure it's more a bouncing/flying blue ball. It's been well over a decade so I may be misremembering but there was a TV series and everything and I recall it being represented as a blue-ish ghost ball.
I got reminded about that show recently, some youtuber was describing a particularly creepy episode.  Which is weird because I vaguely remember an episode about hooded cultists meeting in a circle...  But he was remembering some purple slime monster (apparently the end of the show's run, none of which I saw).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #133712 on: May 11, 2018, 08:14:35 am »

I had it happen with glass once in school. Pick it up from the tray, it goes BOOM within a second. Blood everywhere. Three kids lost their eyes. I've had a shard of glass lodged in my heart since that day, I'm surviving only because of a robotic suit I built in carpentry class.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #133713 on: May 11, 2018, 10:32:42 am »

I once had a glass of milk fresh out of the microwave explode in my face. Not the glass, just the milk. As I added sugar.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133714 on: May 11, 2018, 10:35:44 am »

That’s called bumping. I didn’t think it could happen with milk, but what do I know?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #133715 on: May 11, 2018, 11:02:21 am »

I once had a glass of milk fresh out of the microwave explode in my face. Not the glass, just the milk. As I added sugar.
I once watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #133716 on: May 11, 2018, 11:57:33 am »

I once watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving.

That was beautiful and slightly unsettling.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #133717 on: May 11, 2018, 12:39:26 pm »

ve seen things you wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
Love, scriver~

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #133718 on: May 11, 2018, 01:34:03 pm »

It's important to remember, at times like this, that we all die some day. Death isn't important. How we face it is.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #133719 on: May 11, 2018, 03:14:59 pm »

Link

I wish to face death head on! Fire me out of a cannon, and into that wall!

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #133720 on: May 11, 2018, 03:18:48 pm »

The onion is delicious, and has many layers

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133721 on: May 11, 2018, 03:23:18 pm »

There is (was?) a way in Fallen London to get your character launched from miles underground, through a pneumatic tube, into the sky - where the sun destroys you for being naughty.  It cost real-world money to unlock *and* required months of play.  The first person to try it submitted a bug report because their character survived.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #133722 on: May 11, 2018, 03:56:59 pm »

I've been playing the now-removed-from-sale Sword Coast Legends and... it's actually really good? How did this game fail hard enough to be pulled from sale? I am rather glad I grabbed it during it's very last "going out of stock" sale, but... wtf.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133723 on: May 11, 2018, 04:58:37 pm »

I assume they made changes. At launch it was remarkably bad.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #133724 on: May 11, 2018, 05:37:55 pm »

I have hit another road block when googling where i cannot get the search algorithm to answer the question i think im asking. Im trying to find out if there are any poisonous spiders. I know all but one or two stupid little genuses have venom, i want to know if there are any that are poisonous. As in, if i eat them, will they kill me (and not through botchelism from eating an animal alive, uncooked or anything, like from actual poison.)
No matter how i phrase the question, including asking "which spiders will kill me if i eat them?" Google seems to be giving me results exclusively revolving around venomous spiders. Theres like one reddit thread explaining that spider venom is composed of proteins too large to pass into the blood through the gut, but that still doesnt exactly answer the question of whether or not there are species of spider that are poisonous, but rules out the possibility that their venom can act as a poison.

Damnit google i know what im talking about, do you know what im talking about!? Answer the question i ask i dont feel like calling the national geographic customer service hotline and harassing them until they put a biologist specializing in spiders on the phone and they wouldnt appreciate that either.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 05:42:22 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 8913 8914 [8915] 8916 8917 ... 10983