Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8914 8915 [8916] 8917 8918 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13005828 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #133725 on: May 11, 2018, 05:45:03 pm »

The ultimate lesson of Google-Fu is learning when not to use it.

Try using a different search engine, one that isn't quite as popularity-weighted as Google's admittedly very interesting algorithms are.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #133726 on: May 11, 2018, 05:59:31 pm »

Try: poisonous spiders to consume
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133727 on: May 11, 2018, 06:02:34 pm »

It's mostly because google is broken through the popular misconception that spiders are poisonous when they are in fact venomous.  Googled are any spiders toxic, got:
http://www.burkemuseum.org/blog/myth-spiders%E2%80%93some-poisonous-some-not
Which seems to indicate there are no poisonous spiders that we are currently aware of.  Basically go nuts with your new found um... thing.
Nom nom nom

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #133728 on: May 11, 2018, 06:09:39 pm »

Maybe that's a question that we don't have a very good answer for because we haven't tried eating every species of spider yet. In which case, do please help provide data! :P
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Billy

• Bay Watcher
  • 2495 2837 1566
    • View Profile
« Reply #133729 on: May 11, 2018, 06:28:41 pm »

Deepfry them in tempura batter. Just a gentle blast to colour the batter.
Fucking delicious tiny crispy nuggets of spider life.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #133730 on: May 11, 2018, 06:31:50 pm »

I mean, you should probably make sure you don't have any sores/abrasion/lacerations in your mouth of any kind. Just in case.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #133731 on: May 11, 2018, 06:45:52 pm »

Or eat exclusively the legs and abdomen. The venom glands are in the cephalothorax next to the brain, at the least. So that shouldnt be a problem.

@kilikan yeah that article seems like the best thus far.
And yeah we should totally just eat every spider we see and find out who dies from it
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133732 on: May 11, 2018, 11:19:18 pm »

I once had a glass of milk fresh out of the microwave explode in my face. Not the glass, just the milk. As I added sugar.
I once watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving.

That was beautiful and slightly unsettling.
I'd buy the whole damn book.

Also, freezing beer rarely ends well. Especially not in glass - heck, freezing most liquids in glass is a risky business, not just beer. One time I forgot about a few of them I chucked in the freezer for rapid cooling... fortunately they were tinnies rather than glass stubbies, but still. It was messy, believe you me.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133733 on: May 12, 2018, 05:16:59 am »

I once had a glass of milk fresh out of the microwave explode in my face. Not the glass, just the milk. As I added sugar.
I once watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving.

... you've never seen Apocalypse Now?  :-\
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133734 on: May 12, 2018, 08:26:04 am »

... you've never seen Apocalypse Now?  :-\
These days, Apocalypse Now is so Apocalypse Then.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #133735 on: May 12, 2018, 03:22:19 pm »

The apocalypse is ongoing.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133736 on: May 12, 2018, 04:04:22 pm »

The apocalypse happened in 1992.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133737 on: May 12, 2018, 04:07:26 pm »

And in 1995, civilization began to reform (Fallout 1).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133738 on: May 12, 2018, 04:37:57 pm »

So, according to the error being displayed, if I understand correctly, the D4Dwarf image the wiki uses doesn't exist anymore

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133739 on: May 12, 2018, 04:46:08 pm »

So, Lifeweb has vices... Every character has to pick one vice, or choose to have a random vice. Going random gives you a 50-75% chance to not have a vice at all, but having an unplanned-for vice can occasionally be a major hassle, especially seeing as not all vices are created equal... not at all.

Every round also has a random modifier, chosen automatically upon round start. This can be things like the Baron getting special powers, the Merchant getting extra opportunites or any number of other odd little mutators. This time, we got something I'd never seen before: "Every person has the same vice".

Now, I should mention that not everything on the "vice" list is, in fact, a vice... They're all meant to be handicaps in some ways, but not all of them can be clearly defined as being some sort of guilty pleasure. This includes the "vice" of missing a particular bodypart.

This is the vice the game picked for everyone to have. It then picked the bodypart we would all lack.

It picked tongues.

And thus began the rousing and intriguing tale of Mime Fortress, the quietest stronghold on the planet... Especially interesting to those of us who spawned as peasant classes that are illiterate.
Pages: 1 ... 8914 8915 [8916] 8917 8918 ... 10974