Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8915 8916 [8917] 8918 8919 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13006709 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #133740 on: May 12, 2018, 07:51:40 pm »

Yeah I like this remix a lot too.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 08:51:30 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #133741 on: May 13, 2018, 07:24:13 am »

I feel like Eminem in the song Superman. All sweet and charming, then suddenly an amoral, cruel motherfucker.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133742 on: May 13, 2018, 07:36:38 am »

I once had a glass of milk fresh out of the microwave explode in my face. Not the glass, just the milk. As I added sugar.
I once watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving.

That was beautiful and slightly unsettling.
... you've never seen Apocalypse Now?  :-\
...Oh.  :-[
I might be due for a re-watch. It had some excellent dialogue.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #133743 on: May 13, 2018, 09:33:54 am »

In the haze between not quite being asleep and waking up this morning, I started singing the last verse of the Worms Armageddon theme in my head, and promptly woke up from the awesomeness of the situation.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #133744 on: May 13, 2018, 11:33:05 am »

Well to be fair cheetahs arent a big deal. I mean they are the size of a medium dog. But it's not a good idea to harass any kind of wild animal imho
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #133745 on: May 13, 2018, 01:09:21 pm »

... well, size of a medium dog, built rather differently than a canine, and iirc regularly hunts things larger than them size wise. Wouldn't judge their threat based on size. That's how you get a face full of medium sized dog equivalent feline tearing off your previous skinmeats as it tries to bring you down/snap your neck.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133746 on: May 13, 2018, 01:16:28 pm »

It's like saying, "Xenomorphs are barely bigger than a person. They shouldn't be that dangerous."

Size is not the only indicator of a threat. Irukandji are nearly microscopic, but they will make you wish you only died a long horrible death, rather than face the impossible and unending agony they inflict on you.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #133747 on: May 13, 2018, 01:28:09 pm »

It's not a xenomorph. It's a cheetah. So I stand by my original comment
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133748 on: May 13, 2018, 01:31:57 pm »

I was making an analogy. Do I need to post a passive-aggressive link to the definition of analogy, or can we have a normal conversation?
He's fucking with us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #133749 on: May 13, 2018, 02:08:19 pm »

I don't agree with the analogy. If you click on the link you'll find out why.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133750 on: May 13, 2018, 02:31:31 pm »

I did. I think my analogy is still accurate. You said cheetahs weren't that big a deal, then referenced their size. I made two analogies between size and danger, referencing the fact that size doesn't (always) correlate directly to danger. Whether or not cheetahs are aggressive towards humans is irrelevant. They are still fully capable of doing serious damage to us despite their slight build. Which was the point I was trying to make, while echoing Frumple's statement.
He's fucking with us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #133751 on: May 13, 2018, 02:43:30 pm »

I don't think they are a bigger deal than a similarly sized dog. Which can also cause serious damage, granted. But the core of the statement stands: while overall it's a bad idea to harass any wild animal (or nonwild for that matter), facing a cheetah is nowhere near facing a tiger or a lion in the Darwin award scale.  If it was one on one it might be better to face a cheetah than an angry St Bernard.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133752 on: May 13, 2018, 02:46:09 pm »

Ah I see your argument in greater detail and now we are agreed.

That said, have you read about that guy that got attacked by a leopard and choked it to death with his fist? Bad. Ass.
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133753 on: May 13, 2018, 03:01:25 pm »

That said, have you read about that guy that got attacked by a leopard and choked it to death with his fist? Bad. Ass.
I'm only impressed if he did it from the inside.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133754 on: May 13, 2018, 03:12:02 pm »

The leopard bit his hand. So he shoved it down it's throat to the elbow. He's on Badassoftheweek.com somewhere.
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 8915 8916 [8917] 8918 8919 ... 10974