Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8918 8919 [8920] 8921 8922 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13001038 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #133785 on: May 14, 2018, 05:43:17 am »

Stepdad is claiming the cable boxes that were installed on my dime are "not working", so had to install the original boxes. Considering that they were installed less than a week ago, and it's literally the technician's job to make sure they're working before leaving, I'm assuming he's either trying to extort money out of me or he's a moron. Also, the fact that he hasn't returned to original boxes, possibly hasn't even canceled his own service, and is thus still paying bills on them suggest that he's a moron.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #133786 on: May 14, 2018, 05:44:52 am »

I'm assuming he's either trying to extort money out of me or he's a moron
Why not both?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133787 on: May 14, 2018, 05:52:37 am »

It's called a tantrum.

Adults have tantrums too.  This guy is very immature sounding, in just about every capacity.  He's the kind that needs to have the rose colored glasses surgically removed, and forced to experience the consequences of his douchery.

If you are able to swing it, get an apartment and move out. Make him entirely your mom's problem.  If your mom finds that she has become estranged from you, tell her that her new husband is responsible, and that you dont want to be part of a dysfunctional relationship-- (that you love her, but not her husband. SHE can come visit any time, but the baggage has to stay at home.)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #133788 on: May 14, 2018, 06:01:17 am »

Is there a citation for the Chick / Poe's law connection?
It was in an interview on his own site, but I can't find it by cursory examination. It didn't use the term 'Poe's law', it was something like "I love satire where you make fun of something by exaggerating being serious about it," which is pretty much how I'd define a Poe.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #133789 on: May 14, 2018, 07:43:48 am »

If you think those little comics are crazy, you should see Chick's books.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #133790 on: May 14, 2018, 07:47:43 am »

Pounded in my head by the Devil that plays D&D 3.5
Pounded in my head by Alice Cooper's Devil Rock
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #133791 on: May 14, 2018, 08:32:51 am »

pounded in the head by my own song "pounded in the head by my own head"
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #133792 on: May 14, 2018, 08:37:57 am »

pounded in the forum by a chuck tingle reference
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133793 on: May 14, 2018, 08:40:37 am »

Pounded in the butt by xenophobic internet fundies.

. . . actually, that does sound like a fetish somebody would have.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133794 on: May 14, 2018, 09:21:34 am »

I'm assuming he's either trying to extort money out of me or he's a moron
Why not both?

Turns out, moron. It's not that it "doesn't work", it's just that the deal I have doesn't have several specific channels that he just HAS TO HAVE RIGHT NAOW!
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #133795 on: May 14, 2018, 06:27:23 pm »

So an old woman looking for booze told me that i smell good. This conflicts heavily with previous customer complaints. I am not sure how to process this. She also made it sound kinda creepy. Why are women my age repulsed by me or wont even look me in the eye and then i get old women saying shit like this completely seriously.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #133796 on: May 14, 2018, 06:35:04 pm »

So an old woman looking for booze told me that i smell good. This conflicts heavily with previous customer complaints. I am not sure how to process this. She also made it sound kinda creepy. Why are women my age repulsed by me or wont even look me in the eye and then i get old women saying shit like this completely seriously.
Maybe you smell like an old man?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133797 on: May 14, 2018, 06:39:34 pm »

Do you use cologne or wafty lotion or noticeable deodorant?

I've heard a few gals my age or younger say I smell 'like an old woman' when I wear my smell.  Its usually something I splash on 30-45 minutes before work...
PKs DF Mod!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #133798 on: May 14, 2018, 06:45:40 pm »

Just normal stick deodorant...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 8918 8919 [8920] 8921 8922 ... 10974