Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8944 8945 [8946] 8947 8948 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13006727 times)

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #134175 on: May 28, 2018, 06:30:43 pm »

Food is only unhealthy to you if you're fat.

Food is only unhealthy if you eat it.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134176 on: May 28, 2018, 06:40:47 pm »

There are plenty of unhealthy things you can do with food aside from eating it. For instance, I feel like if I very thoroughly rubbed raw hamburger all over myself I could disprove your statement.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134177 on: May 28, 2018, 06:43:29 pm »

There are plenty of unhealthy things you can do with food aside from eating it. For instance, I feel like if I very thoroughly rubbed raw hamburger all over myself I could disprove your statement.

Would it be much worse than just eating the raw hamburger?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #134178 on: May 28, 2018, 07:02:15 pm »

Breathing food is worse than eating it.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #134179 on: May 28, 2018, 07:28:34 pm »

Nearly died, huh. Fun times.

Helping my old man herd the cattle into the cow yard for testing. They shoved against a support beam for the ceiling (never underestimate the strength of a Charolais bull. Those things, despite having worked with them for most of my life, scare me) and it came down. It didn't bring roof with it (thank goodness), but the beam and wooden support struts landed maybe two feet from me, in line to hit me over the head. That I would have died is almost indisputable.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #134180 on: May 28, 2018, 07:49:34 pm »

Nearly died, huh. Fun times.

Helping my old man herd the cattle into the cow yard for testing. They shoved against a support beam for the ceiling (never underestimate the strength of a Charolais bull. Those things, despite having worked with them for most of my life, scare me) and it came down. It didn't bring roof with it (thank goodness), but the beam and wooden support struts landed maybe two feet from me, in line to hit me over the head. That I would have died is almost indisputable.
...about six weeks ago I heard that a guy got trampled to death by a calf in Galway...seems being killed by a cow is a surprisingly common hazard in Ireland  :o
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #134181 on: May 28, 2018, 09:27:35 pm »

It's a common hazard in farming. For the testing, you need to bring cattle into a closed space, then walk among them and guide them into the crush. More like force. They get wilder as time passes, until only the hardest ones are left. They're eventually done, and then it's the bull's turn - he's really only possible to force if he half-wants to go anyway, so you send a female in in front of him. But he's still damned hard even with that. Our cattle haven't had their horns cut in donkeys, so that's an added danger.

The only real thing saving our lives is the notion which the cows have, namely that we can hurt them. We couldn't, or at least not in any meaningful way, and this is a reality they become more cognisant of as time passes and, to quote my father, "their heads go up."

To give some family examples - my grandfather was forced into a tree by a herd (not sure how he managed that). My aunt was knocked over and trampled by a cow (skull damage, thankfully not too serious). I've been chased a few times when I was a child - they're more likely to go for children. More recently, as the herd passed through a gate they unhinged it with me standing behind. Thankfully just out of its reach. Just today, my dad was kicked in the knee by a full grown cow, and nearly knocked over by another. He's seventy, so that's not conducive to continued good health.

Granted, in large part the breed of the cow determines its temperament. We have what amounts to a pet Jersey who lets you practically hang from her neck. But, all too often, they combine vindictiveness with power. I have a healthy fear of them in close quarters - one rush and you're dead.

I must also mention that I am confused as to how a calf could physically trample someone to death. Unless you mean heifer, which is a cow which hasn't calved (usually 'adolescent'). As an aside, I live in Ireland, yes. But if you meet someone from Northern Ireland, err on the side of caution - don't mention that fact  ;).
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #134182 on: May 28, 2018, 09:37:28 pm »

Livestock are fuckin angry, man.

Been kicked by/bucked off horses several times in my youth. Accepted to avoid @Th4DwArfY1's family's problems with around 60 head of cattle at a time; easy to avoid getting cornered by stupid prey animals being worked to increase muscle mass when you're up on a horse and have two good border collies working interference.

Saw a sick bull, once, not sure what it had. It's the only time i've seen any kind of cattle particularly angry: looked like it would have gored me without a second thought if it weren't for the gate between us. I have a lot of respect for rodeo clowns, bulls can fuck your whole philosophy up if you let them.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134183 on: May 28, 2018, 10:03:59 pm »

I have a lot of respect for rodeo clowns, bulls can fuck your whole internal organs up if you let them.
Black lives matter.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134184 on: May 28, 2018, 10:18:49 pm »

I have a lot of respect for rodeo clowns, bulls can fuck your whole internal organs up if you let them.

not my internal organs! I'm no expert, but my people are telling me I need those to poop!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #134185 on: May 28, 2018, 10:30:24 pm »

Depends on the internal organ. Also hear we can do some pretty impressive (if not necessarily comfortable or conducive to long lifespans) things with tubing, these days. It's getting more optional by the year!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #134186 on: May 28, 2018, 10:52:11 pm »

So the Amish are long-haired hippies? Granted, that hair tends to be on their chins, but same difference.

You talk like there is one monolithic "Amish" group, there is not. Some are pretty wild, others are very strict.

Also, there are some groups that are sometimes called "Amish" by ignorant "worldly" people that are actually something completely different, like Wengers or other old order Mennonite groups.
If they're not quite Amish, are they Amishish?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134187 on: May 28, 2018, 10:58:06 pm »

you might could say that they're amishish amish

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134188 on: May 28, 2018, 11:06:28 pm »

Note, the Amish are breeding much faster than you "English". The number of Amish is doubling every 20 years. With only 1.8 average births per American woman, in 200 years, call that 10 generations, there will be about 100 million non-Amish and 250 million Amish. Not counting Mexican immigrants however.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 11:08:12 pm by Reelya »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #134189 on: May 28, 2018, 11:22:01 pm »

When you extrapolate, you make an axe of tra and polate.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.
Pages: 1 ... 8944 8945 [8946] 8947 8948 ... 10974