Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8954 8955 [8956] 8957 8958 ... 9865

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 5986190 times)

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #134325 on: June 04, 2018, 01:31:10 pm »

Pathos knows the gate.
Pathos is the gate.
Pathos is the key and guardian of the gate.
Past, present, future, all are one in Pathos.
He knows where the Spambots broke through of old, and where They shall break through again.
He knows where They have trod earth's fields, and where They still tread them, and why no one can behold Them as They tread.
sigging this
It's super arrogant to sig yourself.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #134327 on: June 05, 2018, 05:39:59 am »

yup that's summer saying hello

fuck off daystar five thirty in the morning is too early for your shit
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134328 on: June 05, 2018, 05:43:50 am »

Amateur. 3:00 AM is clearly the appropriate time for sunshine, as evidenced by what happens outside our window every night these days.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134329 on: June 05, 2018, 05:45:00 am »

Amateur. 3:00 AM is clearly the appropriate time for sunshine, as evidenced by what happens outside our window every night these days.
Have you considered moving to a more sensible part of the world?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134330 on: June 05, 2018, 05:49:47 am »

This is a more sensible part of the world. I've lived places where the fucker never goes down. You get about 30 minutes of "well at least it's touching the horizon now", and then straight back to business.

I have no idea how the Muslims here even survive. Ramadan has got to be a bitch.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #134331 on: June 05, 2018, 07:14:52 am »

Five thirty is too early. Three is you poor bastards having actually died and providing proof to the world hell has internet connectivity.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134332 on: June 05, 2018, 09:21:57 am »

This is a more sensible part of the world. I've lived places where the fucker never goes down. You get about 30 minutes of "well at least it's touching the horizon now", and then straight back to business.

I have no idea how the Muslims here even survive. Ramadan has got to be a bitch.

Incoming announcement: Islamic scholars declare astronomy to be haram.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #134333 on: June 05, 2018, 09:46:55 am »

If you live somewhere where the sun never really goes down, Ramadan apparently just lasts from 6am to 6pm.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • Make birds speedrun again
    • View Profile
« Reply #134334 on: June 05, 2018, 09:56:39 am »

Incoming announcement: Islamic scholars declare astronomy to be haram.
Jihad is declared on the Artic Circle to make the Sun behave more sensibly so people can observe Ramadan properly
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Does a Laconian believe they descend from Achilles? Does an anon believe a greentext happened? Does a child believe in air? We choose the fake news we want. The eternal memri.tv

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134335 on: June 05, 2018, 10:03:43 am »

Observing Ramadan on the space station would be even wierder due to the shortened 'days'. Or maybe they can just use the workaround used in the far north which is to do it as if they were roughly at the latitude of Mecca. Following the homeport timezone may also be reasonable or just use shipboard/space stationboard time.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134336 on: June 05, 2018, 10:19:08 am »

Observing Ramadan on the space station would be even wierder due to the shortened 'days'. Or maybe they can just use the workaround used in the far north which is to do it as if they were roughly at the latitude of Mecca. Following the homeport timezone may also be reasonable or just use shipboard/space stationboard time.

That's how most calendar-based religious holidays have worked in space so far: they schedule their observances as if still at the launch site.

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134337 on: June 05, 2018, 10:23:59 am »

So if we ever start colonising other planets, how could that work? Re-schedule everything based on new planet's orbit? Assume that the planet is also on the launch site (more complications if several planets with movements between them... Who came from where?)? Act as if they were at $place_of_historical_religious_significance?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134338 on: June 05, 2018, 10:32:21 am »

Here's the kicker:

What if the planetary system you colonize has a retrograde orbit compared to the galactic plane's rotation?

(EG, all the planets in the system orbit in the opposite direction, and all the axis of rotation for those planets is reversed, resulting in the sun rising in the west, and setting in the east.)

Good luck obeying those religious edicts about facing mecca. :P

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134339 on: June 05, 2018, 10:36:09 am »

So if we ever start colonising other planets, how could that work? Re-schedule everything based on new planet's orbit? Assume that the planet is also on the launch site (more complications if several planets with movements between them... Who came from where?)? Act as if they were at $place_of_historical_religious_significance?

I suspect that bridge will be crossed when we get to it.

Here's the kicker:

What if the planetary system you colonize has a retrograde orbit compared to the galactic plane's rotation?

(EG, all the planets in the system orbit in the opposite direction, and all the axis of rotation for those planets is reversed, resulting in the sun rising in the west, and setting in the east.)

Good luck obeying those religious edicts about facing mecca. :P

Or on Mars even, since you aren't even on the same planet. There will probably be some agreed upon compromise or solution by the time we travel to the stars.
Pages: 1 ... 8954 8955 [8956] 8957 8958 ... 9865