Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 895 896 [897] 898 899 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13205809 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #13440 on: August 06, 2012, 04:00:54 am »

She actually called me a liar, because "someone would've noticed if it was really that bad."
You paid her to reserve judgements, and she couldn't honour her own services?!

It sounds pretty clear there's some discrimination going on. That's why I find the internet to be a better place for grief counselling. Keep anonymity, people actually listen and it's an all round accepting place. Well, at least on most small forums.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13441 on: August 06, 2012, 05:22:14 am »

It's more like, on the internet you can see in advance how likely people are going to be just the right amount of helpful to do any good. Most of the time they're pricks.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #13442 on: August 06, 2012, 06:11:41 am »

I think I just disembowelled a fly.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #13443 on: August 06, 2012, 06:15:09 am »

Yes, perfect! Feel the rage flowing through your veins, for Kharne! Blood for the blood god!
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #13444 on: August 06, 2012, 06:54:12 am »

Yes, perfect! Feel the rage flowing through your veins, for Khorne! Blood for the blood god!

FTFY.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13445 on: August 06, 2012, 06:55:53 am »

KW is displeased at your disbelieving in him.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13446 on: August 06, 2012, 07:16:55 am »

I remember in first year of high school, we had to do bloody Home Economics class. That's cooking, sewing, etcetera. This was in summer and there were a lot of flies bothering us all the time, presumably attracted by our horrible synthetic school uniforms, seemingly designed to trap sweat.

So one day we were doing this stupid exercise with sewing machines, we had to stich along the lines printed on a piece of paper, to get the hang of using the machines. One of my friends wandered off from our little group to talk to the teacher or something, so I and another friend acted quickly, grabbed this injured, still-twitching fly that was fluttering about on a windowsill, and stitched it onto his worksheet.

I didn't even know flies could bleed. :o Perhaps it had been drinking someone's blood, mosquito style? Whatever the reason, the poor sod had to hand his sheet in with a dead fly stitched onto it amid this horrible stain of blood. :P
In my defence, I felt bad for the fly afterwards.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13447 on: August 06, 2012, 09:33:00 am »

Well, glad I wasn't particularly interested in that then. Old game is bringing old drm back with it, it seems. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13448 on: August 06, 2012, 09:42:46 am »

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:33:44 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13449 on: August 06, 2012, 09:54:56 am »

Yeah, I never bothered with therapists (even though there was a period earlier in my life where I probably could have used one). I've had similar experiences before with "friends" though, where one said I was making shit up to get people to feel sorry for me. Leaving me little choice but to bust out the "This is where I was stabbed. This is where I was burnt. This is where my arm was broken. This is where I was stabbed again. And mind you, this was all before I started kindergarten."  :-\

People who haven't been through that shit just can't comprehend.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13450 on: August 06, 2012, 10:11:05 am »

Not many, anyway. Things never got full physical for me (but ah, the psych problems of spending over two decades in effectively hostile territory, among other things), but I've damn sure been through and seen enough that comprehension is close enough to total y'can't tease it apart. Probably helps (in some sick sense of the word) that several of the folks I've interacted with closer than normal have been through some goddamn sick shit, I guess.

Seriously, though, I've been through a few pysch classes... that sort of lack of recognition is completely inexcusable for someone that has ostensibly passed even a bachelor's in psychology, especially with a focus in medical/psych health studies, never mind actual field work or higher levels. Someone fucked up, and I'd give strong odds on it being the student, given how accessible a lot of psych studies are with academic access.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #13451 on: August 06, 2012, 10:32:56 am »

[nods] Eh, I actually considered asking for the money back, which I might quite frankly. [shrugs] Was first time visiting.... Will be last. Seriously though, WTF? I thought a therapist would be the place to talk about all that messed up shit. It would seem not with her, despite her being a therapist? [shrugs].

Do ask for your money back. You'd probably have to sue to get your money back, but making some noise will display how upset you are about her treatment, which was, quite frankly, deplorable. I'm not trained in therapy at all, but I know two things: Empathize with the people putting their trust in you, and never, ever degrade or accuse them of anything. She failed to do either. Likely she's of the thought that only abused children go on shooting rampages and quiet kids who claim abuse are just seeking attention, neither of which are remotely true.

I've heard a lot about the therapy field, enough to want to avoid it (On the receiving end) as much as possible. Trusted friends are better repositories of trust and deep secrets than paid strangers.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13452 on: August 06, 2012, 10:45:53 am »

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:33:06 pm by Truean »

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #13453 on: August 06, 2012, 11:29:38 am »

People just don't want to believe that things like that are anything more than fiction.

It isn't comfortable, it doesn't make people feel good.

Its like closing your eyes to make the monsters go away.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13454 on: August 06, 2012, 11:30:53 am »

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:31:37 pm by Truean »

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 895 896 [897] 898 899 ... 10984